Next St Mirren Manager

Drew I will be there praying, sticking pins in Motherwell dolls wanting 3 points, of course we can get. Well players have new manager to impress but agree they are crap. We win tom get a draw Dundee and beat Killie then GT deserves a shot, I just hope we have a Plan A

Aye, I appreciate that the sky won't fall down if we don't win, but I do thnk that its healthy to put a wee bit of 'must-win' pressure on to get everyone up for the match. Historically, we've done well in matches when the chips are down and it doesn't do any harm to go into this one with a backs against the wall, only a win will do mentality (for both players and fans).

Aye, I appreciate that the sky won't fall down if we don't win, but I do thnk that its healthy to put a wee bit of 'must-win' pressure on to get everyone up for the match. Historically, we've done well in matches when the chips are down and it doesn't do any harm to go into this one with a backs against the wall, only a win will do mentality (for both players and fans).

Fair point Drew, but that was with a manager in place. Teale will make himself a contender with a result tomorrow under TC I already knew the result St Mirren Nil Other Team One or more, if Teale can show tactics and more importantly a team with self belief then well done. Can I see it? Dread not to, we lose this we will be 4 points back from County, I can see them beating Accies,

All this chat of wheeling and dealing is all well and good but I can't see much if any movement in January, I'd be shocked if there's much budget available and other than McLean and McGinn, I don't see anyone bring willing to spend money on any of our players.

If we try to ship out any of the duds it reeks a bit of what happened with Imrie and Guy, ie costing us money to get rid.

the very fact that you highlight a single goal from 3 years ago actually destroys your point and makes mine

5% of goals come from a move that starts at the back

70% of goals come from a move that starts with a regain of possession in the attacking third

go figure which 'gamble' is likely to pay better dividends

A single goal. I could highlight plenty others.

These are not the statistic that I've read. Did you make them up? Might I suggest reading Inverting the pyramid or The secret footballer, or the Numbers game.

Although to be fair I suspect they also contain made up statistics.

The worst thing that can happen tomorrow is that we win, the board will then think GT is the man and it drags on before they realise that he's not, and we should have put Terry Butcher or Jimmy Calderwood in charge.

The best thing that can happen tomorrow is that we win. Then win the next one, and the next.

Gary Teale, Andy Dorman, Alex Miller, Basher, Danny Lennon, Yuill Craig, Bobby Dawson, Aber....

People come and go. The most important thing is St Mirren itself. Christ, we need a win.

The worst thing that can happen tomorrow is that we win, the board will then think GT is the man and it drags on before they realise that he's not, and we should have put Terry Butcher or Jimmy Calderwood in charge.

What a bizarre post. Will you be sitting in the Motherwell end tomorrow?

I hope we win our next 5 games, and I'm sure every Saints fan is the same.

These are not the statistic that I've read. Did you make them up? Might I suggest reading Inverting the pyramid or The secret footballer, or the Numbers game.

I believe he's going on Charles Reep's findings made over 45 years ago.

The numbers game is an interesting book and puts a lot of what Captain Sensible says to bed.

I tend to ignore his long ball pish.

I believe he's going on Charles Reep's findings made over 45 years ago.

So taking shite in other wordslol.gif

If his stats were correct (70% of goals from giving the ball away), then the reason we're not scoring enough goals would be because the opposition were not giving us the ball in their own penalty boxlol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by insaintee

Still cant believe we are here discussing Teale. What was the point of ditching DL, 8th place , LC and potential to go better, this is nothing against Gary its again asking who actually has St Mirrens interests at heart. TC turned out a disaster but we saw that in Belguim, whether Gary is the next Fergie or just another player wanting a wee shot at manangement. In England they call this conference North Div2, here its SPL and championship

Our knowledgable support wanted DL out! Don't know who they thought was going to come in and do any better!

Our knowledgable support wanted DL out! Don't know who they thought was going to come in and do any better!

I would say it was the BOD that wanted DL out due to his poor signings last season and ended up paying most of them off to get rid

The same as Gus it was the BOD as well as he was told his budget was getting cut

On DL and Gus the support was split unlike TC apart from Lex the support did want him out

My personal view wasn't fussed on DL or Gus leaving as they did what was required for a team like St Mirren in the top league

But TC i wanted him removed after the home game against Hamilton

Never seen a professional team so badly set up,players not knowing their position and in one case walking about lost

Most people put it down to Hamilton playing excellent and our centre half having a poor game

I just hope we get a man in who can organize a team,stand up to the BOD about team selection and can spot a player

The last one is the most important in management experienced or not

I don't think it was a case of wanting him out.

I feel it was more a case of you have signed over a dozen diddy players wasted 10s of thousands if not more the board supported him as much as it could, Then he ran out of ideas and I think most of us felt he had done all he could do.

Regardless of the cup win I think he would be thought of in a good way due to the way he carried himself.

But given the board gave TC the gig without interviewing anyone we will never know who could have been brought in to replace DL..

But hopefully we will find out soon enough.