Next St Mirren Manager

The board need to make a decision very quickly and we all need to accept it and move on. I don't think the time is right for Teale but if the BOD think it is they must back him and bring in some new faces ASAP. If we can't find a striker and a central defender at the very least, we'll definitely go down.

Adams senior gors to slot of our games they must live local as I've seen george Adams at our last few games

We'll I've been to all 3 And there is a massive difference with our play wait till 5pm on Thursday and we'll see what u think then

Yes , I still think Gary Teale should not be our new manager.

We need someone not already connected to the club , no loyalties to certain players so can clear out who he likes.

Teale has had his chance 1 win in 4 and 2 red cards not contract winning material in my book lets get an appointment within a few days and get rid of these shit players masquerading as forwards

The Thompson challenge against Motherwell or any possible 'moment of madness' today by McLean (haven't seen it on TV yet) are hardly Gary Teale's fault. Yes, he's been in charge for four games, but here's an alternate take on it...

In one game, he had about four days to take the team away to the champions, a club with clearly better players, where most days, avoiding a gubbing is priority No1 for certainly the previous four or five St Mirren mangers never mind a player taking over as manager with about a week to prepare.

In two of Teale's other games, we went down to ten men, and this greatly impacted on our ability to get a result. There were certainly questionable decisions in these two games as well as the sendings off. A Tesselar goal that was clearly onside for one. All the penalty or non-penalty awards are subjective, but what cannot be denied is that we played with a man short in two of Teale's four games.

In the one game that wasn't against a team currently in the latter stages of European competition, away from home too, and where we played 11 v 11 men until a late sending off for the opposition, and there weren't big controversial decisions - Teale's team won it 3-1, only concedeing when already 3-0 up.

Just saying like... I don't blame Teale. I blame the BoD, Tommy Craig, his shite signings, which resulted in the situation Teale found himself taking over in.

Edited by pozbaird

But then again there is a bigger picture.

Of course... narrow minded judgementalism is perfectly reasonable.

The Thompson challenge against Motherwell or any possible 'moment of madness' today by McLean (haven't seen it on TV yet) are hardly Gary Teale's fault. Yes, he's been in charge for four games, but here's an alternate take on it...

In one game, he had about four days to take the team away to the champions, a club with clearly better players, where most days, avoiding a gubbing is priority No1 for certainly the previous four or five St Mirren mangers never mind a player taking over as manager with about a week to prepare.

In two of Teale's other games, we went down to ten men, and this greatly impacted on our ability to get a result. There were certainly questionable decisions in these two games as well as the sendings off. A Tesselar goal that was clearly onside for one. All the penalty or non-penalty awards are subjective, but what cannot be denied is that we played with a man short in two of Teale's four games.

In the one game that wasn't against a team currently in the latter stages of European competition, away from home too, and where we played 11 v 11 men until a late sending off for the opposition, and there weren't big controversial decisions - Teale's team won it 3-1, only concedeing when already 3-0 up.

Just saying like... I don't blame Teale. I blame the BoD, Tommy Craig, his shite signings, which resulted in the situation Teale found himself taking over in.

I've never been one for narrow-minded judgementalism, but my wee problem with the bigger picture is that I can see no hint of a brand new, bright tomorrow...

...with or without GT at the wheel. :(

It's a shite state of affairs.

Edited by bluto

There is no doubt that this is a direct result of the BOD appointing TC.

However I'm not so sure GT is the answer. The 10 men argument doesn't stand up for yesterday we had 11 men for 70 plus minutes and never threatened Samson's goal.

We need fresh blood and new ideas.

Gary Teale has been unlucky but Kilmarnock are a very poor side and by all accounts Samson hardly had anything to do. Not good enough, time to stop messing about and get an experienced manager in.

We didn't make Samson work all day, he was running along the edge of his eighteen yard line trying to keep warm ffs.

That was garbage yesterday against a shite killie team, can't beat teams like that and your going down I'm afraid.

The manager situation needs sorted in the next day or 2, this uncertainty is helping anyone, I feel sorry for Teale, Tommy Craig has left that squad in an awful mess.

Gary Teale has been unlucky but Kilmarnock are a very poor side and by all accounts Samson hardly had anything to do. Not good enough, time to stop messing about and get an experienced manager in.

Yeah . GT should have brought on one of the free scoring forwards we have on our books. Its all Teales fault.

I've got to the point I couldn't give a toss who gets the job, just get him appointed now..

Whether it be Teale or whoever, a decision has to be made soon, major surgery is needed

on our squad and any new manager should be given as much time as possible to clear out

the shite and strengthen the team, cos by f**k he's going to have one helluva job trying to

save us from the drop...

Yeah . GT should have brought on one of the free scoring forwards we have on our books. Its all Teales fault.

It's certainly not all GT's fault. However not sure he's the answer to our current plight.

I'd have expected us to put a bit more pressure on Kilmarnock yesterday.

The problem with getting somebody new in from outside the club, is that time is against us.

It will take the new bloke a couple of games/weeks to assess his squad. Work out his best team and tactics with what he has available.

Meanwhile the transfer window is open and make no mistake we are running out of games already to turn it around.

I won't be too upset if Teale gets the gig until the end of the season. We can take stock then and see where we are and what we need to do.

if it takes someone 2 weeks to assess this squad then they are way out of their depth ,10 minutes would tell anybody worth the job what our problems are

The problem with getting somebody new in from outside the club, is that time is against us.

It will take the new bloke a couple of games/weeks to assess his squad. Work out his best team and tactics with what he has available.

Meanwhile the transfer window is open and make no mistake we are running out of games already to turn it around.

I won't be too upset if Teale gets the gig until the end of the season. We can take stock then and see where we are and what we need to do.

Wasn't Teale one of the assistants in the summer when we brought in Ball, Marwood & Caldwell?

Indeed, was it not Teale's contacts who brought us Ball?

Either Teale had an input in the summer or he didn't. Either way, neither result is acceptable.

And whose fault is it that our super duper youth academy has failed to find a single striker in over 10 years of Longwell's reign? (or a decent centre half)

Teale & Longwell must go.

Wasn't Teale one of the assistants in the summer when we brought in Ball, Marwood & Caldwell?

Indeed, was it not Teale's contacts who brought us Ball?

Either Teale had an input in the summer or he didn't. Either way, neither result is acceptable.

And whose fault is it that our super duper youth academy has failed to find a single striker in over 10 years of Longwell's reign? (or a decent centre half)

post-3438-0-80702800-1420201897_thumb.jp

What has happened to you, Andy. You used to be decent value, but have become one of the most tedious posters on here of late (and that is going some, not least coming from me!).

Even you long-ball chunderings had some merit when compared to this bizarre campaign against Longwell. It has actually become a bit creepy.

Your slabberings about Gus were at least a tad tongue in cheek but this stuff is about as entertaining as an episode of Miranda with cameos from Sarah Millican and Roland f**king Rivron.

Come on, man, get a grip, FFS!