Next St Mirren Manager

No need to wait until 2020 to get excited. Next season for me... I'm creaming my jeans at the thought of us having the second best scoreboard in the division.

..................... but a stadium and wage structure similar to everyone else ! It won't be like the 70s or the 90s when we were a big club in a lower division , we've downsized , and we'll just be another shitey wee lower division club !

..................... but a stadium and wage structure similar to everyone else ! It won't be like the 70s or the 90s when we were a big club in a lower division , we've downsized , and we'll just be another shitey wee lower division club !

Board left it too late to punt Craig and they have dithered too much in appointing the new manager, the baw is burst for us I think.

For the board to be dithering at this stage is completely unforgivable. We need a new experienced manger to be appointed now and new players signed. We probably have just a few days to save the season.

Agreed, it's got to happen. Another unforgivable decision if it doesn't. Unfortunately I think the board are under the stairs with their eyes shut hoping it all goes away.

When Teale was appointed my guess was he'd get 5 games and would need to win at least 2 of them to get the job. He's won 1 and lost 4, including what could prove to be a fatal one against Motherwell. Tough to get instant results, but Gary would have known that was what was required. Yes, there are hard luck stories but nah he's not done enough to suggest he can turn us around.

Gary Locke ticks the boxes for cost, availability and working with young players at this end of the table. I say give him the job until the end of the season with the promise of a longer contract if he can get us out of this mess.

Might as well give it to GT & DL till the end of the season.

Oh, and if GT has given up playing he should be prepared to take a wage cut.

I'm beginning to think this way, too.

We're fucked regardless.

Edited by Drew

We really need to start thinking about next season. Bring in a guy who can look at the squad and is prepared to overhaul it, get us in good shape for the Championship. Sounds really defeatist, I know, but I just think we're doomed for the drop anyway.

I'd love to be proved wrong, with a dramatic last day scrappy win to keep us up. Just don't see it happening.

It's not Teale's fault we are in the predicament we find ourselves in and I agree we have been very unlucky in some games since he took charge, but with a record of 1 win and 4 defeats under his management it would be utter utter lunacy for the BOD to give him the job permanently.

I think they need to appoint someone this coming week to prepare us for next weeks game and identify some new recruits or we are well and truly f**ked.

Even if we do sign a decent striker and a defender I'm not sure we are going to claw back 6pts on Motherwell so the rest of the season is a fight to stave off automatic relegation.

Happy f**king days!

The truth is the run of games we have just been through were the ones that could have turned he season, given that we only managed 3 points and 2 losses at home and 1 away, the games a boagie I'm afraid.

The appointment of TC and the f**king about and time taken to sack him have cost our club....

When I say club I don't mean current team and squad - I mean our future team and squads.... This predicament and potential relegation will harm our teams long term future

If I had any confidence that, if Teale got the gig for the time being, the money saved in not bringing someone else in would be directed - in its entirety - to bolstering the squad, I'd settle for Teale on that basis.

As I have no confidence whatsoever in such a scenario being played out, I'm close to the point of not giving a flying f'ck either way.

Agree Drew. What club, in the midst of a relegation battle, takes over 4 weeks to appoint a new manager?

The decision should have been made two weeks ago and players lined up to come in ahead of the game today.

A club whose board were desperately hoping the interim manager would miraculously get a few wins with an extremely poor squad, thus allowing them to appoint the cheap option?

The club has this week to convince me and others that they really want to get out of this mess. Otherwise I won't be back and they can hang as they grow !

Sorry Billy. But all I can see happening in the next week are some players leaving and more rumours of takeovers. Wouldn't be surprised to see Teale still in caretaker role and no new players.

I'm no doubt in the lunatic minority but I do think we can get out of this, though it will probably require a new manager to come in and shake things up.

This is the weakest league ever and, consequently, any team in it is capable of going on a run. You can also look at the example of Hibs last season of a team getting into a rut at a crucial point in the season, and not being able to get out of it. Dundee are struggling for points just now.

Even if we finish 11th, it's not a foregone conclusion that Rangers will waltz through the play-offs. You wouldn't bet against the comedy show continuing with their failure to get out of the Championship.

I'm no doubt in the lunatic minority but I do think we can get out of this, though it will probably require a new manager to come in and shake things up.

This is the weakest league ever and, consequently, any team in it is capable of going on a run. You can also look at the example of Hibs last season of a team getting into a rut at a crucial point in the season, and not being able to get out of it. Dundee are struggling for points just now.

Even if we finish 11th, it's not a foregone conclusion that Rangers will waltz through the play-offs. You wouldn't bet against the comedy show continuing with their failure to get out of the Championship.

I must be in your deluded lunatic club, because I posted this week that I also think we can get out of it. However, that thought was eroded today. I know Inverness is a tough away game, but we made three good early chances according to the radio, and we should have seen it through for a 0-0 and a good away point.

There was nothing surer though that we wouldn't. My faith is constantly misplaced.

We went to Celtic Park and lost 4. County went and got a point - hit the post late on and nearly got all three. With ten men they got a point away today - in two recent games, with ten men, we lost both games.

No clean sheets, no home win since Radiohead were any good, no permanent manager, a shit central defence, no decent back up for an ageing injured talisman, shite summer signings, shite loanees and a want-away BoD.

Blind faith ain't doing it this time. The clouds are gathering.