Next St Mirren Manager

Another week before a new manager is appointed? What a shite state of affairs.

Hmm....

If this turns out to be the case, will anyone be remotely surprised? I know I won't. Its seems to be the way of things.

In any event, and on balance, I think that acquiring a decent centre half and striker are probably higher priorities at this immediate point in time than bringing in a new manager (or giving Teale the gig on a substantive basis).

Edited by Drew

Why do you say that, I thought that you wanted Teale to get the job?

Uncertainty is the shambles, I can't see any new signings coming in while we don't know what the score is on the manager front.

More time passes in the transfer window while we do f**k all.

Just had an interesting conversation with someone who reckons Jim Jeffries is being lined up for the job. The thought process apparently being that Jeffries had previously intimated he wanted to retire at the end of this season and he'd make a good safe pair of hands till then. He'd also not be too difficult to move if the sale of the club is completed.

Hmm....

If this turns out to be the case, will anyone be remotely surprised? I know I won't. Its seems to be the way of things.

In any event, and on balance, I think that acquiring a decent centre half and striker are probably higher priorities at this immediate point in time than bringing in a new manager (or giving Teale the gig on a substantive basis).

If the came out and said Teale was manager then I would be accepting. I just don't see why players will be brought in without a manager in place, it just leaves so much uncertainty when the sacking of Craig should of galvanised the team and the support.

Although, to be fair, we had a manager in Criag and his signings were crap so maybe the kit man will do a better job....

Just had an interesting conversation with someone who reckons Jim Jeffries is being lined up for the job. The thought process apparently being that Jeffries had previously intimated he wanted to retire at the end of this season and he'd make a good safe pair of hands till then. He'd also not be too difficult to move if the sale of the club is completed.

0/10

So 'if " this goes through we are saved - oh thank thee lord. Here was me thinking Stuart McCall was struggling with a depleted Motherwell and throw in the towel because he could not turn the corner ?

Can I ask what he will bring that Gary Teale wont ? Just curious steve

Hmm, maybe some better stock for the broth whistling.gif

FFS

Think you must have read another post before replying to mine.

Where did I say McCall would "save" us???

Obviously you must have a very short memory if you think McCall struggled with Motherwell. Look at what he achieved at his time at the club ffs!

What can McCall bring to the table that Teale doesn't have.... Experience!!

Steve you do realize when Motherwell were working with a much larger budget than St Mirren work with Stuart McCall was successful with Motherwell. At the beginning of season 2014/2015 Motherwell went on a cost cutter exercise , even with cost cuts Motherwell still had a larger budget than St Mirren yet Stuart McCall failed to galvanize the team this season. He could not turn Motherwell around and knew he could not achieve what he did previous seasons because of constraints to the budget so throw the towel in. Now if Stuart McCall thinks the budget constraints this season at Motherwell are bad they are worse at St Mirren.

As for Experience you had decades of that with Craig. As for Teale , he has the squad working hard and trying there best which is all you can ask of any manager. What if a new manager is brought in and the players don't respond to him is it really worth that chance when Teale is already got the team trying ? Seriously you think another manager could get the team performing better, Me I very much doubt it. I reckon the board are thinking the same that's why no new appointment has been made Teale is being given the chance first.

Also consider this which is very important. A new manager will take away any spare money that we have to strengthen the team on his salary

Steve you do realize when Motherwell were working with a much larger budget than St Mirren work with Stuart McCall was successful with Motherwell. At the beginning of season 2014/2015 Motherwell went on a cost cutter exercise , even with cost cuts Motherwell still had a larger budget than St Mirren yet Stuart McCall failed to galvanize the team this season. He could not turn Motherwell around and knew he could not achieve what he did previous seasons because of constraints to the budget so throw the towel in. Now if Stuart McCall thinks the budget constraints this season at Motherwell are bad they are worse at St Mirren.As for Experience you had decades of that with Craig. As for Teale , he has the squad working hard and trying there best which is all you can ask of any manager. What if a new manager is brought in and the players don't respond to him is it really worth that chance when Teale is already got the team trying ? Seriously you think another manager could get the team performing better, Me I very much doubt it. I reckon the board are thinking the same that's why no new appointment has been made Teale is being given the chance first.Also consider this which is very important. A new manager will take away any spare money that we have to strengthen the team on his salary

Ian, did you see the team v Kilmarnock? After a good showing v Dundee we went back to normal service - rank rotten. Yes, we could and should have got a point bar some awful refereeing but the team simply did not respond.

The bottom line is that, irrespective of who the manager is, nothing will change unless we strengthen up front and in central defence. If Gary is given the resources then I would give him the gig up to the end of the season. He should be judged on having a squad good enough to compete and not by the legacy of the awful signings of TC. I would also expect more positive consistency rather than the chalk and cheese of the Dundee and Killie game performances.

Steve you do realize when Motherwell were working with a much larger budget than St Mirren work with Stuart McCall was successful with Motherwell. At the beginning of season 2014/2015 Motherwell went on a cost cutter exercise , even with cost cuts Motherwell still had a larger budget than St Mirren yet Stuart McCall failed to galvanize the team this season. He could not turn Motherwell around and knew he could not achieve what he did previous seasons because of constraints to the budget so throw the towel in. Now if Stuart McCall thinks the budget constraints this season at Motherwell are bad they are worse at St Mirren.

As for Experience you had decades of that with Craig. As for Teale , he has the squad working hard and trying there best which is all you can ask of any manager. What if a new manager is brought in and the players don't respond to him is it really worth that chance when Teale is already got the team trying ? Seriously you think another manager could get the team performing better, Me I very much doubt it. I reckon the board are thinking the same that's why no new appointment has been made Teale is being given the chance first.

Also consider this which is very important. A new manager will take away any spare money that we have to strengthen the team on his salary

No it's not. In fact that's the bare minimum I'd be asking.

Ian, did you see the team v Kilmarnock? After a good showing v Dundee we went back to normal service - rank rotten. Yes, we could and should have got a point bar some awful refereeing but the team simply did not respond.

The bottom line is that, irrespective of who the manager is, nothing will change unless we strengthen up front and in central defence. If Gary is given the resources then I would give him the gig up to the end of the season. He should be judged on having a squad good enough to compete and not by the legacy of the awful signings of TC. I would also expect more positive consistency rather than the chalk and cheese of the Dundee and Killie game performances.

Feel lucky I was at work for the Killie game though reading on the game conditions were horrendous which might have been a contributing factor to the shit game. But totally agree with the rest of your post .

Things are grim just hope we can dig ourselves out the hole. If we go down I will pick and chose what games to go to certainly wont be taken out a season ticket.

Yes I do realise that Motherwell had a bigger budget than St. Mirren, as do most clubs. Even with Motherwell's budget which wasn't second highest in the league they finished second in consecutive seasons. Not bad going imo!

What experience of being a manager did Tommy Craig have, 6 months?? Certainly not decades as you say.

Did you go to the game on New Year's Day? If another manager can't get us playing better than that then we're f**ked! I'm not arguing the fact that GT has done a decent job and regalvanised the believe in the team, but the results haven't been too great and I think we need a fresh approach.

My original point was a guy like McCall (not necessarily him) would be good working with Gary Teale.

If the came out and said Teale was manager then I would be accepting. I just don't see why players will be brought in without a manager in place, it just leaves so much uncertainty when the sacking of Craig should of galvanised the team and the support.

Although, to be fair, we had a manager in Criag and his signings were crap so maybe the kit man will do a better job....

Did we not get rid of the kit man to cut costs?

Protest at the ground this Saturday??

What are we protesting about?

Manky seats?

Dug shit on Murray Street?

The food and prices at the hospitality?

Snotters in the toilet?

Six week holidays to South Africa?

No hot water?

We're St Mirren we don't do protest's, we just moan like f**k...thumbup2.gif

Edited by scrappy coco