The football tops?

The Academy?

No bar?

Score board?

Out of date pies?

Away supporters standing?

The price of games?

Shull?

Apart from them, what exactly have we got to moan about...

rolleyes.gif

I'm reading in today's paper that we have had over sixty applicant's and another ten or so to be expected AND an agent called to enquire whether the club were still taking applicant's CV's to which The Chief Exec said oh yes !? Possibly at least another week before there is any news , oh well

To me that indicates that negotiations around a prospective sale may be underway, in which case there will ne NO appointment made if such was to be seen to compromise any deal

If not , I'm truly baffled, I'm all for due dilligence, but come on , if there is no pending sale then this situation is more akin to due Silligence

Be lovely to know , but hey hoh, meantime let's inspect the guttering , clear the moss on the walls ( leaving the bogs for Drew ) and ensure the bricks are polished

whistling.gif

I'm reading in today's paper that we have had over sixty applicant's and another ten or so to be expected AND an agent called to enquire whether the club were still taking applicant's CV's to which The Chief Exec said oh yes !? Possibly at least another week before there is any news , oh well

To me that indicates that negotiations around a prospective sale may be underway, in which case there will ne NO appointment made if such was to be seen to compromise any deal

If not , I'm truly baffled, I'm all for due dilligence, but come on , if there is no pending sale then this situation is more akin to due Silligence

Be lovely to know , but hey hoh, meantime let's inspect the guttering , clear the moss on the walls ( leaving the bogs for Drew ) and ensure the bricks are polished

whistling.gif

Yeah, to me the pending sale must be having an effect. Even the fact that there was so little time between the AGM "he's here to stay" and the sacking points to more going on than meets the eye.

There is an urgency to get things sorted, and I can totally understand there is a bit of panic within the support about things dragging on, however..............

The longer term picture is more important than the short term.

There isn't much point in just picking a manager, throwing him in there and telling him to kick some arse and cross our fingers that it's enough to save us.

We are in an unbelievable mess right now, and there are no guarantees that any new manager is going to be able to keep us up anyway.

I'm not throwing in the towel but I'm happy to wait another week or so if that means getting the right man in for the longer term view.

The more things do drag on though the more convinced I am that there are things happening with the sale of the club and THAT is why we aren't seeing any immediate action either in player or manager recruitment.

At least that is what I am hoping !

There is an urgency to get things sorted, and I can totally understand there is a bit of panic within the support about things dragging on, however..............

There isn't much point in just picking a manager, throwing him in there and telling him to kick some arse and cross our fingers that it's enough to save us.

We are in an unbelievable mess right now, and there are no guarantees that any new manager is going to be able to keep us up anyway.

I'm not throwing in the towel but I'm happy to wait another week or so if that means getting the right man in for the longer term view.

The more things do drag on though the more convinced I am that there are things happening with the sale of the club and THAT is why we aren't seeing any immediate action either in player or manager recruitment.

All very well but how many times have we been close to being sold since the club was put up for sale in September 2009?

Besides we're always being told that despite the club being up for sale it's "business as usual" as far as the BoD are concerned.

Did Douglas MacNeil not say we expect to have new players in for Saturday? Any idea what's happening with that Div or was that more nonsense from the club hoping to keep the fans sweet for a wee while longer?

What are we protesting about?

Manky seats?

Dug shit on Murray Street?

The food and prices at the hospitality?

Snotters in the toilet?

Six week holidays to South Africa?

No hot water?

We're St Mirren we don't do protest's, we just moan like f**k...thumbup2.gif

Line of the season ha ha

Plan for the worst and hope for the best , anything else is frankly a waste of energy.

Breaking news will happen in time...................just don't qualify it with limit of time.

Things are happening I'm sure , but why would / should the BoD come out and tell us, if , as is their right, they are trying to work the oracle and require some confidentiality. Fair enough....................the killer is that we are staring down the relegation barrel and that makes the uncertainty a form of torture.

Imo, the long term view now includes a drop afaiac. That's the bit I find so frustrating , and no doubt what is slaying most fans, we look to be odds on exiting the weakest SPFL in years.

Assoa sad.png

Plan for the worst and hope for the best , anything else is frankly a waste of energy.

Breaking news will happen in time...................just don't qualify it with limit of time.

Things are happening I'm sure , but why would / should the BoD come out and tell us, if , as is their right, they are trying to work the oracle and require some confidentiality. Fair enough....................the killer is that we are staring down the relegation barrel and that makes the uncertainty a form of torture.

Imo, the long term view now includes a drop afaiac. That's the bit I find so frustrating , and no doubt what is slaying most fans, we look to be odds on exiting the weakest SPFL in years.

Assoa sad.png

Yup agree and into the strongest championship for years, Hibs, Hearts, 2012, QOS, Falkirk are all better than we are, better than Dundee, Well and County as well.

We sit and hope all the time and get taken for mugs every time!

We sat and hoped the BOD would sack TC and stop our demise before it was too late. What did our board do? NOTHING! (until it was too late)

We sat and hoped our board would appoint a good manager when Danny left, one that would come in with fresh ideas and take the club forward. What did our board do? APPOINTED THE CHEAP OPTION!

We've sat hoping for an update on the club takeover situation. As fans we have a right to know. What have our board given us? NOTHING!!

We've now sat hoping our board would appoint the right man as manager and give them time to sort out the mess in January before it definitely is too late. What have our board done? NOTHING!!!!

All this, I'm happy to wait another week stuff is no use. We need action now and probably it's too late now anyway! We're being taken for mugs once again!

Why? Because as one of the other posters said, we're st mirren supporters, we don't do protests, we're just great at moaning!

It's time to take action for once! Our club is dying in front of our eyes!!!

Why? Because as one of the other posters said, we're st mirren supporters, we don't do protests, we're just great at moaning!

So what are you going to organise??

Or are you just going to keep moaning and not back it up with actions?

With respect that is absolute nonsense.

The club is not "dying" at all. We have had a horrendous run of form, dating back pretty much to winning the cup actually.

It's been f**king dreadful. It's been soul destrying, but it's FAR from the depths of despair that has us "dying".

If can remember Yardley you can remember Stirling, you can remember Coughlin, you can remember Ludo being sold to keep the lights on. They were the dark days.

There are brighter days ahead for this club, you just need to ride out these tough times. We will be back.

The only reason any club wouldn't have appointed a new manager by now was if a change of ownership was imminent. The problem with this is that by the time.that happens we will almost certainly be down anyhow. Surely someone would realise we need.to.stay up. At the fans agm we heard Stewart say that everything.would be dramatically cut. No.ticket office,ralston scaled down big time and any playing asset sold. Relegation isn't just about the starting 11 it's about the people who earn a.living working at an premier league team

. Let's be in no doubt the premier league is the only show in town and anyone daft enough to suggest they're looking forward to the championship is mad. Cowdenbeath away in front of 677 fans next year or alloa at home in front of 1900 at paisley. Ralston etc cannot be maintained with that f**king shite. Wake up and save this season

Edited by norrie82

With respect that is absolute nonsense.

The club is not "dying" at all. We have had a horrendous run of form, dating back pretty much to winning the cup actually.

It's been f**king dreadful. It's been soul destrying, but it's FAR from the depths of despair that has us "dying".

If can remember Yardley you can remember Stirling, you can remember Coughlin, you can remember Ludo being sold to keep the lights on. They were the dark days.

There are brighter days ahead for this club, you just need to ride out these tough times. We will be back.

The difference then was that we had a board who actually cared and were building a future for the club, now we don't!

All very well but how many times have we been close to being sold since the club was put up for sale in September 2009?

Besides we're always being told that despite the club being up for sale it's "business as usual" as far as the BoD are concerned.

I am beginning to wonder if there is now an urgency to sell the club and the once held "we will only sell to....." is now less important with a realisation within the BOD that we are likely to go down. No doubt they will get more for the clun now than as a Championship side after relegation. I maybe a tad paranoid but from a business perspective it makes sense.

Good post Div and personally I would like a decision based on the medium to long term objectives/strategy of the club. We slated the BOD for the hasty appointment of Tommy, so if they did likewise and it didn't work out, they would get further criticism. Would love to see the list of interested candidates.

The difference then was that we had a board who actually cared and were building a future for the club, now we don't!

Also nonsense. The whole infrastructure of the club is built with an eye on the future.

It would have been easy to spend the surplus money from Tesco five years ago on the first team but instead the board invested in Ralston and in the long run we will reap the dividends of that decision.

If you would prefer the board to just offload to any old punter then you really can't care much about the future of the club.

Yes we are having a bad run of form, it's very frustrating, some bad decisions have been made, but to suggest the current board don't care is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. They are St.Mirren fans the same as you and me.

I do despair sometimes.

I'm inviting all fans to come along on Saturday at 2pm to protest outside the main stand. The board need pressure on otherwise we're finished!

You clearly haven't been a fan for long if you think relegation would finish the club. The board have been frugal and kept within budget while other clubs have spent more and reaping what they have sown. If the worse happens and we go down then cuts will be made and, like Falkirk, will probably rely on our young players. We have very little debt and facilities that many other clubs envy.

I have seen much darker days than this and whatever happens we will rebuild and come back, whether that is in one year or 5. No need for protests and it is a miracle that we have survived all this time in the SPL. Who knows, maybe we will again.

Your statement is a tad farcical and you are coming over like our other Chuckle Brother - Elvis or are you one and the same.

You clearly haven't been a fan for long if you think relegation would finish the club. The board have been frugal and kept within budget while other clubs have spent more and reaping what they have sown. If the worse happens and we go down then cuts will be made and, like Falkirk, will probably rely on our young players. We have very little debt and facilities that many other clubs envy.

I have seen much darker days than this and whatever happens we will rebuild and come back, whether that is in one year or 5. No need for protests and it is a miracle that we have survived all this time in the SPL. Who knows, maybe we will again.

Your statement is a tad farcical and you are coming over like our other Chuckle Brother - Elvis or are you one and the same.

It will finish the club as we know it if we then get relegate again and are forced to become part time

The BOD do care and if they didn't they would have got out years ago. They messed up with the last manager and now rightfully are taking time to consider applicants, something they should have done last time and rue. Sometimes patience gets its rewards so let them take that extra time to get the right person for the job. There is no guarantee in football so whoever had the job is well behind the eight ball. Finally, GT is in charge in the meantime so let's get behind him and the team as they need our supports. Remember St Mirren will go on when the BOD and players leave.

It will finish the club as we know it if we then get relegate again and are forced to become part time

Why even consider relegation for a second time? If we went down then without knowing our squad or strength of other teams/who are your competitors, how can you assume anything. I know you are hurting mate but just remember the TH championship winning season after the previous fare before he was appointed. Look at how well Hearts are doing with a lot of their kids. We can do likewise.