Next St Mirren Manager

I genuinely didn't think Saturday's performance was dreadful.

We were streets ahead of them in the first half for example.

We gave away 2 daft goals though - we need to improve defensively - I'm hoping Teale sees this too and is working on bringing in someone else for centre half.

It's 7 points from 9 games where Thommo has played for all of 110 minutes under Teale and where we have had 4 sendings off in that run of games, 2 good goals chalked off in one game, 2 non-penalties awarded against us in another game where we were actually on course for a clean sheet until the Willie Collum Show began. We should have taken points in 6 out of Teale's 9 games but for some horrific refereeing decisions.

Good post.

I'd sum his run up as:

Celtic - beaten by better team

Well - beaten by horrendous decisions

Dundee away - great win

Killie - beaten by horrendous decisions

Inverness - beaten by better team

Aberdeen - beaten by better team

Ross County - great win despite horrendous decision.

Dundee Utd - good performance and point.

Dundee - not as blatant as others, but still should have had a penalty. Very unlucky not to get something.

Has did enough to earn his chance.

6 points from 9 games? At least get your facts right before you have a wee rant.

Right appointment and I think he was always the most likely candidate. That's why I stuck 20 quid on him when TC got sacked, happy days :D

Now lets all get behind our new management team :)

Apologies that makes all the difference.

7 points from 9 games; that equates to approximately 29-30 points over the season.

That kind of form will get you relegated most seasons in the SPL.

A vast improvement indeed.

Good post.

I'd sum his run up as:

Dundee away - great win

Dundee - not as blatant as others, but still should have had a penalty. Very unlucky not to get something.

Has did enough to earn his chance.

So a different excuse every week then?

What will it be next week? The dog ate Gary's teamsheets?

Main problem is not the appointment of Teale.

It's the way that the whole situation has been handled by the BOD for the last month. It has been a disaster.

If they were going to appoint Teale it should have been done a month ago.

7 points from 9 games; that equates to approximately 29-30 points over the season.

Compared to Tommy's 8 from 15 games it's definitely heading towards a significant improvement. Now if we just take 3 points from the New York City game...

7 weeks since Craig was sacked. The Board tell us they have been inundated with applications for the post.

We wait until our "Messiah" comes back from his LONG holiday and give it to 2 untried Coaches.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see what's going on!

Not denying SG has been great for St. Mirren but I wish he would just sell up and get to f**k.

The way this has been handled is a disgrace. 2 managers "sacked" in 2 seasons and we appoint first time managers.

Crying out for a centre half for over 5 years and need one this year desperately, but we sign who???

If and when we get relegated Gilmour and his board are totally to blame.

7 weeks since Craig was sacked. The Board tell us they have been inundated with applications for the post.

We wait until our "Messiah" comes back from his LONG holiday and give it to 2 untried Coaches.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see what's going on!

Not denying SG has been great for St. Mirren but I wish he would just sell up and get to f**k.

The way this has been handled is a disgrace. 2 managers "sacked" in 2 seasons and we appoint first time managers.

Crying out for a centre half for over 5 years and need one this year desperately, but we sign who???

If and when we get relegated Gilmour and his board are totally to blame.

I agree that we have yet again been given a management team who have no previous experience of the job,and that is a mistake, i had hoped they would have learned after appointing TC but it seems the lack of ambition continues.

Good post.

I'd sum his run up as:

Dundee away - great win

Has done enough to earn his chance.

Fify. .

We can talk all day about who we want to be the next manager. Some people never learn.

Our board are going to seek the cheap option. They will give teale and longmuir a good few weeks/months and if results are good they'll just appoint them.

Our support get drawn into the same trap every time!

I'd like to draw everyone's attention to my above post back in December. The only thing I got wrong was that we've appointed them even after poor results!

Please st mirren support do not fall into the Same old boards trap where they give you false hope to keep you turning up, ever again!!! Because they will do it time and time again if you continue to let them.

Anyone who buys a season ticket for next season with this current board taking us as a bunch of mugs, needs their head looked at! they will drip feed us rubbish towards the end of this season and pre season to make us part with our cash but they have no ambition in mind whatsoever, in fact it's the opposite of ambition!

Edited by Big Yards

I'd like to draw everyone's attention to my above post back in December. The only thing I got wrong was that we've appointed them even after poor results!

Please st mirren support do not fall into the Same old boards trap where they give you false hope to keep you turning up, ever again!!! Because they will do it time and time again if you continue to let them.

Anyone who buys a season ticket for next season with this current board taking us as a bunch of mugs, needs their head looked at! they will drip feed us rubbish towards the end of this season and pre season to make us part with our cash but they have no ambition in mind whatsoever, in fact it's the opposite of ambition!

What a ray of sunshine you are :lol:

Not going to even begin to deconstruct that nonsense.

Just think of the effect a boycott would have on your burger bar.

It's a 3 team league now. Saints will finish top; whether you attend or not.

^^^ still can';t tell the difference between performances and results.

Glad I don'[t like next door to you ya miserable tit. lol.gif

BTW the opposite of ambition? WTF? Load of pish. Open your own wallet and show us YOUR amibition.

Edited by oaksoft

Yes really. A VAST improvement. You are confusing performances with results. Shall I lend you a dictionary?

its you who is confused and needs a dictionary

results are a barometer of performances

defeats = losing performances

you don't win points based on your biased and subjective opinion of the performance

:1eye

tit

Edited by another alias

Compared to Tommy's 8 from 15 games it's definitely heading towards a significant improvement. Now if we just take 3 points from the New York City game...

If I remember correctly Teale was assistant manager during that spell, so I think he has to take his share of credit for the 8 points from 15 games.

Glad I don'[t like next door to you ya miserable tit. lol.gif

BTW the opposite of ambition? WTF? Load of pish. Open your own wallet and show us YOUR amibition.

Opposite of ambition as in deliberately tearing the club and team apart and turning us from a premier league club into what will end up like a part time team Edited by Big Yards