Next St Mirren Manager

No doubt about it we are where we deserve to be.Pointed what was on the horizon to the Chairman as early as last August immediately after the home match against Accies when we lost 0-2.Teale has come in and had done his best.The performances have been shocking and we require a new Management structure in place NOW to enable us to prepare for life in the Championship.Ideally we could keep Gary on as a Coach or No 2.Players are already becoming available like James Keatings who despite scoring 11goals for Hearts has been told to find a new club.Keatings of course did well for Accies in their promotion season.Action is required now if only to encourage fans to buy Season Tickets and makes sound business sense.

is this the same Butcher that got ICT and Hibs relegated ?

More importantly IMO, he got ICT out of the 1st division at the first time of asking, then left them a firmly established SPFL club, with top six finishes on a few occasions.

I'd kill (an annoying insect) to be in that position just now.

is this the same Butcher that got ICT and Hibs relegated ?

Everybody knows his Hibs tenure was a disaster, not ignoring that, was just stating that even though he got relegated with Inverness (he joined in January of that season), he took them back up and established ICT as a solid top flight team. I'm not for one minute saying we should go out and get him, but I'd just like someone to do something similar with us.

Butcher wasn't the only manager to find the Hibs job a tough gig. That dressing room was (IMHO) in the same state as ours - egos, non-triers, cliques. Butcher came in and said a few things about a few players in his usual blunt fashion, which I think upset the billy big baws egos fannying around at Hibs at that time.

Every managerial appointment is a risk to one degree or another obviously - as an example, is anyone laughing at ICT appointing big Yogi now? I cant help but think he would have been a perfect fit at a 'good honest working class place' like Paisley.

Copyright, Final Chapter.

• 5 months later...

Abbot and Costello / Dumb and Dumber / it took from April until September until someone added to this thread ok Murray is not fantastic and seems a tad out of his depth at Saint Mirren but if anyone of us started a job and after a few months the customers were asking for that person to be bagged it would seem unreasonable not to give them a bit of time to settle in...

Bollox to what I just said gie Thommo the job right now...

Abbot and Costello / Dumb and Dumber / it took from April until September until someone added to this thread ok Murray is not fantastic and seems a tad out of his depth at Saint Mirren but if anyone of us started a job and after a few months the customers were asking for that person to be bagged it would seem unreasonable not to give them a bit of time to settle in...

Bollox to what I just said gie Thommo the job right now...

Only if he disnae sit at the back of the stand, whilst letting Thomas Reilly manage on the touchline!

No one. If you only get a handful of games who would take it.

If Thomson and Goodwin can't deliver on the pitch, why would they do it from the dugout?

Are you saying that Goodwin hasn't been delivering good performances on the pitch? If so, then, you've obviously not been to any of the games he's played in this season.

If Murray is bagged which will be soon if he doesn't get wins in the next 2 games!

Stevie Thompson is the name everyone thinks should replace Murray but just a word of warning... He's never managed before and the expectations on him would be Considerable!

Having said all that the board will probably go for it because it's probably the cheap option!

I would love for Stevie to come in as manager and get us playing well and challenging for the play offs! Just think its too much for first time manager!

I don't want Goodwin or Longwell as assistant manager. Goodwin has no experience in management and Longwell has not done a very good job in the development squad imo!!

if Thommo gets the job needs someone with experience!

If Murray is bagged which will be soon if he doesn't get wins in the next 2 games!

Stevie Thompson is the name everyone thinks should replace Murray but just a word of warning... He's never managed before and the expectations on him would be Considerable!

Having said all that the board will probably go for it because it's probably the cheap option!

I would love for Stevie to come in as manager and get us playing well and challenging for the play offs! Just think its too much for first time manager!

I don't want Goodwin or Longwell as assistant manager. Goodwin has no experience in management and Longwell has not done a very good job in the development squad imo!!

if Thommo gets the job needs someone with experience!

Kenny McDowall..?

if Thommo gets the job needs someone with experience

Gus never had any experirnce either turned out great for us .

Edited by elvis

Bloody he'll 7 games in its not as if we have lost every game. There is negative sickness in our support.

The negativity is coming because, for example, when Danny Lennon came in, we could see an alternate philosophy and style to what had become a grinding negativity under Gus. We could see an attempt to play more football. We could see what the guy was trying to achieve - bring through the kids and play a more expansive style. I cannot even see what Murray's philosophy, plan, style - whatever you want to call it actually is.

I have yet to hear one person inform me what aspect of our play is better, or even looks like being better in time, under Murray compared to what it was under Craig or Teale - no need to even go back to Lennon or MacPherson.

Are we showing or even attempting to show a more fluid style than Craig or Teale's sides? Are we harder to beat? Are we holding onto leads? Are we scoring lots of goals? Are the formations and subsequent substitutions inspiring? Is our home record improving? Are we energising and exciting the support with the promise shown early in Murray's reign? Is there a feelgood factor against lower league oppo'?...Anything?

You know the movie Apollo 13 when they realise there's a helluva' lot wrong with their ship? Instead of dwelling on all the things broken, the flight commander, in frustration, asks to be told 'what on the ship is any GOOD?'... What's any good on our ship?

I can't see anything, hence my own negativity. At the very least I thought we'd see new manager bounce.

Edited by pozbaird