Next St Mirren Manager

We won't sack Murray. We are not in a financial situation to do so. Instead we should sack Mark Spalding and bring in a more experienced assistant to guide and assist Murray ie Alex Miller or Jimmy Nicholl.

Would Murray accept that scenario...would he be motivated to try knowing he's been undermined by the BOD? I think he'll have to go, despite the cost.

Would Murray accept that scenario...would he be motivated to try knowing he's been undermined by the BOD? I think he'll have to go, despite the cost.

To be honest if the owners feel that is in the best interests of the club then he can either suck it up or leave. Either way something needs to change as both him and Spalding are failing miserably and showing no signs of improvement.

Thompson.

He'll either do better or he'll do the same.

He certainly won't do worse.

It's a no risk appointment.

When will we make it?

has he been doing any coaching with the younger teams yet? He has seemed reluctant in the past to do any coaching even when he was injured whereas Gary Teale spent a year helping out the younger teams when he was out injured for most of the season, and Goodwin has coached as well.

Thompson is not ready to manage. Has to learn his trade under an experienced manager then one day manage St Mirren. You have to learn your trade and unfortunately there are very few who can come out of playing professionally and go straight to managing a full time club. Only person recently who has done well at this is Alex Neill. Murray is out of his depth and should never have got the job. It would have made more sense to get an experience manager and promote within for the coaching roles. Look at Giggs he is learning his trade a better player managed by the best ever but decides a number 2 role to learn his trade. Anyway hopefully the board will eventually learn from mistakes that cutting corners is not the best thing to do as you lose more money than you gain for example losing games means less through the turnstiles and paying managers off costs money

has he been doing any coaching with the younger teams yet? He has seemed reluctant in the past to do any coaching even when he was injured whereas Gary Teale spent a year helping out the younger teams when he was out injured for most of the season, and Goodwin has coached as well.

Who cares?

Will he do worse than Murray?

Y or n.

Thompson.

He'll either do better or he'll do the same.

He certainly won't do worse.

It's a no risk appointment.

When will we make it?

Yeh, great example.

Throw spears at youth players, spear a 1st team player, still bevying at Xmas night out when players are going down for breakfast...

Manager material right enough...

Yeh, great example.

Throw spears at youth players, spear a 1st team player, still bevying at Xmas night out when players are going down for breakfast...

If Murray did any of those things it might show that he cares.

Yeh, great example.

Yeah, McGinn wasn't a youth player.

Do you think he would do worse? Do guy think the club has funds to add another wage to the club?

If Murray did any of those things it might show that he cares.

Nonsense.

How can you go from behaving like that to managing some of the players who have watched you carry on like this?

Thommo as gaffer in 10 years? Maybe.

Thommo as manager right now? Feck no.

Nonsense.

How can you go from behaving like that to managing some of the players who have watched you carry on like this?

Thommo as gaffer in 10 years? Maybe.

Thommo as manager right now? Feck no.

Much as I love Thommo and will forever rate him as a true Saints legend... I cannot help but question his attitude and dedication this season.

I feel he is doing enough to get a game but little enough to prove a point!

He is playing beneath himself and as if he has an agenda... and I would be happy to support Murray should he actually have the balls to drop Thommo and give Goodwin back the Captaincy!!!

Who cares?

Will he do worse than Murray?

Y or n.

Murray was appointed with no experience of managing a full time team and coming across well in the media. How is Thommo an improvement? If we were forced by finance to appoint from within then I would suggest Goodwin, Webster, Longwell and possibly Langfield ahead of Thommo in the pecking order, unless the board only wanted to appoint a popular candidate to appease the fans without caring if he has any hope of succeeding.

If we are still paying Teale off why not get him back in and let him earn his wage - at least he showed a hunger to get into coaching and management.

thompson is lucky to have a job here after last season, why should he be considered for a promotion?

So it was not an accident out of stupid play. Would you sack a member of your team.

Me , I would have him into the office for a wee chat then he would apologise to the whole team and move on.

Thompson did that even went public with it.

Its history he has learned from it. We should move on also.

For me Thompson would make a great manager, if we don't get him we wont see him manage Saints, strongly believe he will be a success and as such move onto bigger clubs than Saints after his first managerial post. Just my opinion.

Thompson and Goodwin would be far superior to our current management team.

The Thompson for manager thing is going to hang over us the way it did with Shearer at Newcastle, fans calling for him every time there is a manager change until it finally happens (and then even after it happens).

Has he done any of his coaching badges or been involved at helping out with any of the youth teams. Neither are a requirement for being a manager but it would at least show he has some interest in going down that route rather than assuming he'll get the job one day just because of who he is.

Let's be honest, Murray won't be sacked anytime soon, unless one of the board win the lottery.

What a dull, demoralising, and depressing season this is turning out to be. It's only just hit November and I've already lost any enthusiasm. Can't even say the football has been decent despite results, because the style of play is honking too.

Edited by ulysses