Next St Mirren Manager

Let's be honest, Murray won't be sacked anytime soon, unless one of the board win the lottery.

What a dull, demoralising, and depressing season this is turning out to be. It's only just hit November and I've already lost any enthusiasm. Can't even say the football has been decent despite results, because the style of play is honking too.

i disagree. if we hit bottom of the league soon, which i wouldn't rule out, then the board would have to act.

The group of players we have should be doing much, much better in this league - in my opinion. Clearly mismanaged though. There isn't any discernible style of play. I wish we'd just get back to playing football on the deck and aim to break teams down with clever passing. The players are more suited to that. This trying to shitfest games while punting it up long to Thommo is pointless and dire to watch. Bread and butter to the teams in this league.

Murray was appointed with no experience of managing a full time team and coming across well in the media. How is Thommo an improvement? If we were forced by finance to appoint from within then I would suggest Goodwin, Webster, Longwell and possibly Langfield ahead of Thommo in the pecking order, unless the board only wanted to appoint a popular candidate to appease the fans without caring if he has any hope of succeeding.

If we are still paying Teale off why not get him back in and let him earn his wage - at least he showed a hunger to get into coaching and management.

Never really answered the question there.

Only 1 man for next manager, the man that won us our first ever league cup, secured our highest ever league position and really cared about our club.

Sure he made mistakes and had some wobbles but please accept an apology from Mr Gilmour and our fans and come home Danny Lennon.

Edited by exiledfan

Only 1 man for next manager, the man that won us our first ever league cup, secured our highest ever league position and really cared about our club.

Sure he made mistakes and had some wobbles but please accept an apology from Mr Gilmour and our fans and come home Danny Lennon.

Did Fergie not take us to our highest ever league position?

We finished as high as 3rd in the premier league in the 80s.

Did Fergie not take us to our highest ever league position?

We finished as high as 3rd in the premier league in the 80s.

I know some of our younger viewers might find this a bit hard to believe but the early 80's were our golden age.

1980 - 3rd (Jim Clunie)

1981 - 4th (Rikki McFarlane)

1982 - 5th (Rikki McFarlane)

1983 - 5th (Rikki McFarlane)

1984 - 6th (Alex Miller)

1985 - 5th (Alex Miller)

Happy days.

we need a manager like Houston.he knows the game inside out ,always has teams there or there abouts but most of all is tacticly aware ,unlike murray,as shown v Falkirk at home we were good in 1st half ,housty realised this and changed his team at ht and won ,while murray stood back and did hee haw,problem is though Falkirk are a bigger team with a bigger support with more money than us which is wrong

we need a manager like Houston.he knows the game inside out ,always has teams there or there abouts but most of all is tacticly aware ,unlike murray,as shown v Falkirk at home we were good in 1st half ,housty realised this and changed his team at ht and won ,while murray stood back and did hee haw,problem is though Falkirk are a bigger team with a bigger support with more money than us which is wrong

Are they really?

I find that incredibly hard to believe.

What do you base that on?

we need a manager like Houston. SHE knows the game inside out ,always has teams there or there abouts but most of all is tacticly aware ,unlike murray,as shown v Falkirk at home we were good in 1st half ,housty realised this and changed his team at ht and won ,while murray stood back and did hee haw,problem is though Falkirk are a bigger team with a bigger support with more money than us which is wrong

Hmmm.... Not sure, anyway I thought she was deid?

http://youtu.be/nMol0ZypWrs

Edited by Lord Pityme

Never really answered the question there.

So you think Thommo should get the job because it would be hard for anyone to do a worse job than Murray? Why not just appoint anyone then instead of insisting on Thommo? I'd love to hear you unveil him to the press on the grounds - it makes the quote about Murray giving a great interview look like a masterstroke.

I'd rather see us select a next manager based on a manager who has done well for a few seasons at least, or someone with a track record of working well with youth players OR someone who has done well on a limited budget OR someone who has won a promotion OR turned a club around and improved them.

Giving Thommo the job 'because he's Thommo' or because 'he couldn't do worse than Murray' makes no sense.

At least when Teale was out injured towards the end of his playing career and he had done his coaching badges he got involved in coaching the youth teams and was seen to do well with them. Thommo could have done something similar last season but chose to go on Sportscene...

saltcoatsbuddie, on 01 Nov 2015 - 20:20, said:snapback.png

Are they really?
I find that incredibly hard to believe.

What do you base that on?

My guess is he was using SARCASM

So you think Thommo should get the job because it would be hard for anyone to do a worse job than Murray? Why not just appoint anyone then instead of insisting on Thommo? I'd love to hear you unveil him to the press on the grounds - it makes the quote about Murray giving a great interview look like a masterstroke.

I'd rather see us select a next manager based on a manager who has done well for a few seasons at least, or someone with a track record of working well with youth players OR someone who has done well on a limited budget OR someone who has won a promotion OR turned a club around and improved them.

Giving Thommo the job 'because he's Thommo' or because 'he couldn't do worse than Murray' makes no sense.

At least when Teale was out injured towards the end of his playing career and he had done his coaching badges he got involved in coaching the youth teams and was seen to do well with them. Thommo could have done something similar last season but chose to go on Sportscene...

Still didn't answer the question there.

We don't have the money to make an outside appointment. Ideally we would and that would mean there would be plenty more options available, we don't though.

So, back in the real world, Thommo's our captain and most senior player. He's played at a high level down south so will have a good network down there, he is the natural choice.

He might be good enough he might not. We give him till the end of the season to find out. If it works and we improve we have our new manager, if it doesn't and we stay the same we let him go.