Next St Mirren Manager

Is there a sign above the front door at Greenhill Rd welcoming bogus workmen ?

Apply here for a 'management' position. 2 years wages for 6 months work.

When are this board going to get it right. This move to get shot of Spalding only seems to be giving Murray a bit longer in the role. What happens if nothing changes with a new assistant?

Is there a sign above the front door at Greenhill Rd welcoming bogus workmen ?

Apply here for a 'management' position. 2 years wages for 6 months work.

When are this board going to get it right. This move to get shot of Spalding only seems to be giving Murray a bit longer in the role. What happens if nothing changes with a new assistant?

Then Murray will be next to get sacked!

I'm not sure this is the right decision by the Board!

Mark Spallding was not upto the job so he was let go simple and correct decision IMO!

I think Murrays been read the riot act and been told if results don't improve fast your next!

I thought Murray was a good appointment by the BOD young ambitious manager who has experience of the league and has a half decent squad great training facilities and a good stadium...

Murray has been a disater and I don't blame the Board for his reaults!

But by sacking Spalding and not Murray I just hope they don't make the same mistakes as last season waiting too long to Sack the manager!

Then Murray will be next to get sacked!

I'm not sure this is the right decision by the Board!

Mark Spallding was not upto the job so he was let go simple and correct decision IMO!

I think Murrays been read the riot act and been told if results don't improve fast your next!

I thought Murray was a good appointment by the BOD young ambitious manager who has experience of the league and has a half decent squad great training facilities and a good stadium...

Murray has been a disater and I don't blame the Board for his reaults!

But by sacking Spalding and not Murray I just hope they don't make the same mistakes as last season waiting too long to Sack the manager!

Sadly the BOD have already waited too long to sack Murray - the squad is not good enough - Murray signed who he was able to, to build his team - in this crappy league

The midfield is neither creative enough or good enough at supporting the defence

The Defence is not solid enough and leaks too many goals

The Strikers neither create enough chances or score enough goals

NOT SURE WHAT COACH COMES WITH A MAGIC WAND - but if he exists - I do hope he will be cheap enough for our BOD

How many more games of Murray do we have to endure before we can build something positive and a saints team that can actually win games

The BOD need to shoulder some responsibility - it has been clear from the start of this debacle that we are struggling and all the positives are not bringing in anywhere nearly enough points - how many more will we throw away before the correct action is taken? Results are what matters.

Most of you guys were happy with the appointment of Ian Murray.

And most of them abused myself and Lord Pityme for pointing out that he was a dud.

Fcuk the lot of you. You deserve all you get.

Give the job to Alex Miller.

Yes I remember a whole load of forum members calling for Murrays appointment. The ones who looked at how many goals Dumbarton shipped were the ones who called it right.

However what does that matter now unless you like sucking your own cock. We are in a BIG mess that is needing attention hence the appointment of Miller. Miller got a good look today hopefully he can steady the ship in the coming weeks.

As for Murray I don't think anyone at the club thinks he is our long term plan you have ether got it or you don't Murray clearly has not got it.

Most of you guys were happy with the appointment of Ian Murray.

And most of them abused myself and Lord Pityme for pointing out that he was a dud.

Fcuk the lot of you. You deserve all you get.

Give the job to Alex Miller.

I was happy with the appointment of Murray, I still think Saints should be appointing up&comers like Murray or Gus MacPherson as a rule. It hasn't worked but hopefully this weeks shenanigans will lead to a turnaround in our fortunes.

I applaud your (LP & StuDick's) contrary attitude and concede your right to gloat - it's what forums are all about!

All hail the C'apn! clap2.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

I was happy with the appointment of Murray, I still think Saints should be appointing up&comers like Murray or Gus MacPherson as a rule. It hasn't worked but hopefully this weeks shenanigans will lead to a turnaround in our fortunes.

I applaud your (&StuDick's) contrary attitude and concede your right to gloat - it's what forums are all about!

All hail the C'apn! clap2.gif

Seriously though... it is a bit depressing, isn't it?

Agree with you to an extent about appointing up and comers...

However, Murray's record at Dumbarton did nothing to excite me. Quite the opposite.

I know he was up against it at Dumbarton... but still... the goals against record was alarming.

However, Murray's record at Dumbarton did nothing to excite me. Quite the opposite.

I know he was up against it at Dumbarton... but still... the goals against record was alarming.

You like many older heads Andy have experienced this all too often. Next season will see a further drop in budget with a further reliance on youth which will lead to the best part of a decade in the championship. That's not spitting the dummy out in a bad mood its reality.

Even a change at board level wont fix our long term problems as we wont go into debt and quite rightly.

From a personal point of view hell knows if I can sand coming up the road every odd week to watch us. As things stand it is very depressing. Thinking I might start taking in the Brandaine home games with a wee afternoon trip to Glasgow other weekends. Still have the season ticket to ride out till the end of season. Decisions , decisions

You like many older heads Andy have experienced this all too often. Next season will see a further drop in budget with a further reliance on youth which will lead to the best part of a decade in the championship. That's not spitting the dummy out in a bad mood its reality.

Even a change at board level wont fix our long term problems as we wont go into debt and quite rightly.

From a personal point of view hell knows if I can sand coming up the road every odd week to watch us. As things stand it is very depressing. Thinking I might start taking in the Brandaine home games with a wee afternoon trip to Glasgow other weekends. Still have the season ticket to ride out till the end of season. Decisions , decisions

Worrying as I regard Longwell's record as no better than adequate. I presume he has a "job for life" which seems to be a mistake AFAIC, for me it would be better if his role had a fixed span, say 5 years. Wonder if his salary is related to the division we play in.

Switching topic slightly my recollection of both of our Div 1 winning sides is that they were skewed towards experience so that doesn't bode well for me, I wouldn't particularly want to end up like Falkirk whose youth academy although doing reasonably well in terms of transfer fees in hasn't helped deliver a promotion back to the top flight after 5 seasons.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Murray was not my choice as Manager but when appointed I was willing to back him. That did not last long when he then signed Gow, then Conlan and Howieson - after having them on trial for weeks! And Carswell and Agnew have not impressed me either. Quite quickly I reckoned the squad was a mess and I have seen nothing to make me change my mind.

You like many older heads Andy have experienced this all too often. Next season will see a further drop in budget with a further reliance on youth which will lead to the best part of a decade in the championship. That's not spitting the dummy out in a bad mood its reality.Even a change at board level wont fix our long term problems as we wont go into debt and quite rightly.From a personal point of view hell knows if I can sand coming up the road every odd week to watch us. As things stand it is very depressing. Thinking I might start taking in the Brandaine home games with a wee afternoon trip to Glasgow other weekends. Still have the season ticket to ride out till the end of season. Decisions , decisions

If you don't want to watch Saints then don't, no one is forcing you. As for ten years in the Championship that is looking optimistic by about 9 years. We are f**ked and you either keep with the club or you don't, but if you don't we will become the new Airdrie or Ayr, teams that used to get a crowd but now don't and likely never will. Club is at a crossroads.

Yup, for what its worth I didn't read between the lines, I was pleased with the appointment in May. The evidence is now plain as day that he's out his depth and while St Mirren's decline pre dates the appointment; Murray has failed to manage it.

I'm now, no longer selective about who gets the job next, it just needs to be someone who can salvage the damage in this season and bring a competitive spirit to the performances.

Worrying as I regard Longwell's record as no better than adequate. I presume he has a "job for life" which seems to be a mistake AFAIC, for me it would be better if his role had a fixed span, say 5 years. Wonder if his salary is related to the division we play in.

Switching topic slightly my recollection of both of our Div 1 winning sides is that they were skewed towards experience so that doesn't bode well for me, I wouldn't particularly want to end up like Falkirk whose youth academy although doing reasonably well in terms of transfer fees in hasn't helped deliver a promotion back to the top flight after 5 seasons.

Tbh the reality of our dire situation is beginnings resonate with folk now.

You refer to Falkirk and five seasons, well IMO that's us at least. I think the only chance of top level football in Scotland ( and that's another joke anyway ) for St Miren in the next five to ten years is when the leagues are reconstructed once more in an expansion move to try to arrest the tumbling co efficient with Scotland 's standing in European competitions. Scotland must have the most rapidly declining co efficient throughout Europe at the moment, league of Ireland status beckons., but that's another dismal story that simply adds context to how bad St mirrens position is within our national game.

On point, our club has not yet stopped its tumble, this season still unravels, only when the corrective actions start will we possibly look like we are on plan , and presently we are no where hear fixing things, so strap in for an unpleasant trip.

Another managerial change is possible, that's some track record over the last five or so years. It's cringeworthy..............who's next, well I'm almost past caring tbh, anybody. Trouble is our club is getting to the point it couldn't contract syphilis, it's not worth a f**k.

Sunday rant over

If you don't want to watch Saints then don't, no one is forcing you. As for ten years in the Championship that is looking optimistic by about 9 years. We are f**ked and you either keep with the club or you don't, but if you don't we will become the new Airdrie or Ayr, teams that used to get a crowd but now don't and likely never will. Club is at a crossroads.

Have been to watch Saints home and away since 7 years old when I was a member of the junior supporters.

Have been to England to watch us in the Scottish Anglo cup.

Have been to France, Belgium , Holland to watch us in Europe.

For most of the last 20 years have taken a season ticket out even though I work offshore some times getting to less than 10 games a season at home.

I'm now 57 years old that's 50 years watching Saints.

You obviously missed out the decisions to be made. This means doubt I would take out a season ticket next season though would pick and chose games , not go to every home game when on leave as I do now.

If I lived local would probably always be in attendance at games. While Bute is not far away it feels like a million miles away on a journey home after watching utter dross manly because of poor management decisions. So don't question my loyalty to the club they have had it for half a centaury to date.

Had a wee look at what managers have been fairly successful (either winning the league or qualifying for play offs/play off positions) in this league over the past few years. The list is as follows:

Stuart McCall (with Rangers - steady on)

Gary Holt (Falkirk)

Allan Moore (Morton)

Barry Smith (Dundee)

Billy Reid (Hamilton)

John McGlynn (Raith)

Kenny Brannigan (Qots)

Terry Butcher (ICT)

Not great reading apart from a couple. Would anyone here take any of them? Think most would jump at the chance to get McCall.

Edited by ulysses

I honestly think that if we get beat by morton. murray will get sacked and Miller will take his place

There may be a lot of pressure for Murray to go from the support if this happens but I can't see it happening, there's the cost of putting another body on gardening leave, who would take charge of training sessions on a day-to-day basis not ideal for a 66-y-o you'd either have to bring someone else in or re-promote JG back to the role.

My opinion is that bringing in Miller is it till at least the end of the current season - I've been wrong before though.

Anyway let's hope we beat Morton and it's all irrelevant.

There may be a lot of pressure for Murray to go from the support if this happens but I can't see it happening, there's the cost of putting another body on gardening leave, who would take charge of training sessions on a day-to-day basis not ideal for a 66-y-o you'd either have to bring someone else in or re-promote JG back to the role.

My opinion is that bringing in Miller is it till at least the end of the current season - I've been wrong before though.

Anyway let's hope we beat Morton and it's all irrelevant.

I thought Murray was a good appointment. We moved away from simply bumping up whoever was already at the club, and went for a young guy with promise. Now, Lord LookatMe can say anyone who thought Murray was a good appointment is a fandan, and he knew better... Fair enough. Must be painful walking around with a permanent staunner' from lording it over a forum. However... I certainly thought that Murray had shown enough at Dumbarton to suggest that with a full time outfit, a decent budget, and the time to spend at Ralston with an overall better squad than Dumbarton - he could take us, and indeed himself, on an upward spiral. I predicted a fifth place finish, so I didn't expect a miracle worker.

Sadly, it looks like I was wrong. I didn't expect miracles, but I expected better than this shite. I feel a bit sorry for him now. I think he's metaphorically, or perhaps actually, shat himself. If we lose to Morton at home, live on TV, my guess is he simply must be out the door on Monday. For his sake as well as St Mirren's.

Miller (now goes without saying) straight into the manager's seat - bump Thommo up to assistant with immediate effect. Not player/assistant - assistant. With all due respect to a legend - let's try Shankland & Gallagher up top. Thommo as assistant could be the conduit between dressing room and old head manager. IF Thommo has management credentials, they should come to the fore under a more experienced head.

Sadly though, the BoD remain. Still, the immediate issue is arresting a slide towards being the next Dunfermline, and to completely disappear up our own arses before Christmas.

Yo, ho, bloody ho indeed.

Edited by pozbaird

Hot off the Board Room table after their latest "NO NEED TO PANIC" Board meeting :-

"An unnamed director" : Looking at the fixtures listed below the Board won't sack Murray if he manages 5 wins, even if we get relegated. Further to this, even if we do get relegated at least we can build for the future in a cheaper league.

Agreed statement "Murray is a young manager with a promising future, we will stick by him until his contract is up". (no matter how obvious it is to act otherwise)

The Paisley Express gleaned a reaction from a local fan, Robin Clowns when the news broke, "Saints fans need not worry - there is no chance Murray will win 5 more matches, unless you count next season as well, and even that is a bit optimistic"

20-Nov-2015 Greenock Morton Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 7:45pm ALBA 24-Nov-2015 Raith Rovers Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 7:45pm 28-Nov-2015 Rangers Away Petrofac Training Cup, Semi-Final Kick-off: 12:15pm ALBA 05-Dec-2015 Queen of the South Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 12-Dec-2015 Dumbarton Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 19-Dec-2015 Alloa Athletic Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 26-Dec-2015 Livingston Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 02-Jan-2016 Greenock Morton Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 16-Jan-2016 Raith Rovers Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 23-Jan-2016 Hibernian Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 30-Jan-2016 Alloa Athletic Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 13-Feb-2016 Queen of the South Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 20-Feb-2016 Dumbarton Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 27-Feb-2016 Rangers Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 01-Mar-2016 Falkirk Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 7:45pm 05-Mar-2016 Raith Rovers Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 12-Mar-2016 Queen of the South Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 19-Mar-2016 Livingston Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 26-Mar-2016 Alloa Athletic Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 02-Apr-2016 Hibernian Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 09-Apr-2016 Falkirk Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 16-Apr-2016 Greenock Morton Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 23-Apr-2016 Dumbarton Away Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm 30-Apr-2016 Rangers Home Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm

How long can this keep going on! ACTION speaks louder than words.