Next St Mirren Manager

Interesting parallel with the situation at QPR over the last few weeks.

They had a young manager in Chris Ramsey who was struggling. Neil Warnock was brought in to 'assist first team affairs'.

Ramsey was then trotted out to say I really wanted Warnock to come and it was my choice.

In the intervening weeks reports come out that Warnock is running the show picking the team doing the team talks etc.

However results don't improve and Ramsey is sacked... And who's made the new manager?

Neil Warnock...

Edited by TopCat

Does anyone on here actually wish to see Murray succeed as manager of St Mirren - especially LPM?

That is acually a very good question.

More interestingly can Ian Murray now succeed as manager of Paisley's greatest ever sporting institution?

I have said this before and I will repeat it here, I dont see how he can possibly succeed now. The fan's are completely (and rightly) disconnected with Murray as up until now his performance as manager has been utter dross. Complete and utter dross.

With every dropped point the presure on Ian will increase.

However if we do get any victories who get's the credit?

Will it be Ian Murray or will supporter's credit Mr Alex Miller's input into Murray's failing regime.

I fail to see how Ian Murray can possibly succeed now and I see no point in flogging this dead horse any longer.

Edited by TediousTom

Does anyone on here actually wish to see Murray succeed as manager of St Mirren - especially LPM?

I would (Keegan-esque) love it, absolutely love it if he now kicked on and was a success pulling us up the league to a play off spot!

This I have stated this several times,

but failure to beat Morton should signal his departure as the longer he fails, the more likely we will be fighting to stay in the league.

I would (Keegan-esque) love it, absolutely love it if he now kicked on and was a success pulling us up the league to a play off spot!

This I have stated this several times,

but failure to beat Morton should signal his departure as the longer he fails, the more likely we will be fighting to stay in the league.

Completely agree with this. Look at the table. We have the same points as Dumbarton and Livingston ffs. Livi are above us on goal difference. Defeat at home to Morton would put us 12 points adrift of them! I am not calling for Murrays head, but there must be improvement in both results and in the manner of play now.

Completely agree with this. Look at the table. We have the same points as Dumbarton and Livingston ffs. Livi are above us on goal difference. Defeat at home to Morton would put us 12 points adrift of them! I am not calling for Murrays head, but there must be improvement in both results and in the manner of play now.

Unlike yourself I am calling for Murrays head, despite having the 3rd highest budget in Scottish Championship, combined with a better than good playing squad and despite having a good fan base, Murray and to some extent, the board of directors, has managed to get my football team whom I have supported for over 5 decades and will continue too do so till I am no longer on this earth, being a club that plays without passion or desire, are tacitly inept, consistently looses games, in total Murray has not got a clue on how to progress St.Mirren the BODs presided over St.Mirren being a bottom 6 team for years and whom they watched get relegated, have appointed numerous managers that were sub-standard (not deliberately), have failed in 6+ plus years to sell the club as they wish to do.

To stick with the original post on whether any St.Mirren fans, want Murray to succeed? The answer being my opinion and I surmise that of many a Saints fan being, of course I/we do. It would be in the best interests of St.Mirren FC and the majority of fans, but I would add only if its done immediately and with no more piss-poor performances, however I very much think this unlikely. Change will only happen for the better if the BODs sell the club and Murray is sacked.

Does anyone on here actually wish to see Murray succeed as manager of St Mirren ?

I think all will WANT him to succeed as that reflects on us all as a club. All the negativity and anger is mainly down to frustration. I think the problem is CAN he succeed? Ian Murray has shown nothing in terms of style of play,consistency in selections or indeed any organisation and the overall demeanor of the guy is hardly that of a passionate motivator of people! As assistant to Murray, Millers influence will help to a degree, but Murray is the manager and his own man. Its almost 6 months since he came to our club. If he hasn't shown he can do the job by that time then he should go. Kettle on...

League Cup winner 2013

Tommy Craig

May 2014- December 2014

Gary Teale

December 2014- May 2015

Ian Murray

May 2015 - Present

TC.jpg

Previously:-

Asst. Manager St Mirren

Left:-

Sacked

GTcoach.jpg

Player/coach St Mirren

Left :-

Contract not renewed

Played for Saints

2011-2015

ianmurray.jpg

Manager Dumbarton FC

Left :-

Competition P W D L League 15 2 2 11 Scottish Cup 2 0 1 1 League Cup 2 1 0 1 Total 19 3 3 13
Competition P W D L League 23 7 1 15 Total 23 7 1 15
Competition P W D L League

2 4 7 Scottish Cup 0 0 0 0 League Cup 1 0 0 1 Challenge Cup 3 3 0 0 Total 17 5 4 8
spacer.gifspacer.gif

http://www.stmirren.info/id81.html

Since Flarebob started this post way back in Aug 13 we have had these 3 roasters after Danny Lennon left. Interesting to note that the author of the St.Mirren Info has penned in that Murray has left. Could he just be waiting on a date?

It would be just about bearable if there were some l shoots of recovery. Some fighting talk from Murray also wouldnt go amiss, even just to let us see that there is some passion within the club. When you have Managers of Dumbarton, Livingston etc out thinking you then you should go back to that level and leave our club alone. We have the potential to be a regular top level club but only when we have someone with the ability and experience to take us there and keep us there. We will get relegated if he stays. Jackie McNamara anyone?