Next St Mirren Manager

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Miller will make a blind bit of difference.

Exactly what many thought and said as much when they appointed Craig.

If they had the ability to improve things you'd see it coming through on the pitch, if not then they've clearly not the balls to speak up against what they're seeing and influence the poor decisions being made.

Paul Sturrock for me.

Must admit I never, ever saw Murray resigning. The fact he has is a credit to the man. He may never work in football again, yet he's walked away from a 2 year contract 6 months into it.

The fact he has changes things. My initial prediction of us promoting from within was based on my assumption of us having to pay Murray off. We haven't had to, so we now have his wage to play with.

However, I still think a combination of two of Miller, Thommo and Longwell is the most likely appointment. To the end of the season with the remit of keeping us up... Then review the situation in the summer.

It's no more or less likely to work than an external appointment, and it will save the club money in the short term.

The much pleaded for clear the decks appointment was taken in the summer. It resulted in the worst manager in the football clubs history. I wouldn't blame the BOD for exercising more caution this time around.

Please bear in mind that Murray had a discussion on dressing room with Stewart gilmour then resigned. So it was probably an ultimatum to jump or get pushed

Nowadays no one would resign when a contract can be paid up

Well he has.

If he hadn't it would have been announced as mutual consent.

I have compiled a list of the candidates for the job. Which one do you think our BOD will go for ?

Stevie Clarke

Ian McCall

Stuart McCall

Terry Butcher

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Ally McCoist

Susan Boyle

Kenny McDowell

Alex Miller

Lee McCulloch

Jimmy Calderwood

Paul sturrock

Ian Barraclough

Kenny Mcdowall or McCall for me.

I have compiled a list of the candidates for the job. Which one do you think our BOD will go for ?

Stevie Clarke

Ian McCall

Stuart McCall

Terry Butcher

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Ally McCoist

Susan Boyle

Kenny McDowell

Alex Miller

Lee McCulloch

Jimmy Calderwood

Paul sturrock

Ian Barraclough

Should add Gordon Strachan and Alex Ferguson to that list given the wage packets some of them would be looking for. :rolleyes:

Stevie Clarke

Ian McCall

Stuart McCall

Terry Butcher

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Ally McCoist

Susan Boyle

Kenny McDowell

Alex Miller

Lee McCulloch

Jimmy Calderwood

Paul sturrock

Ian Barraclough

Stevie Clarke

Ian McCall

Stuart McCall

Terry Butcher

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Ally McCoist

Susan Boyle

Kenny McDowell

Alex Miller

Lee McCulloch

Jimmy Calderwood

Paul sturrock

Ian Barraclough

Susan boyle

What a horrendous shout Kenny McDowell is. Absolutely nothing in his CV to suggest he would be a good manager.

If we are going to take a gamble on someone completely unproven, we have options within our own club.

I would pick Susan Boyle ahead of any of the options available within our own club.

I wonder how many folk are referring McCall to Stuart McCall and Ian McCall. Deluded if they think Stuart would even consider it

Chick Young was hinting that Stuart McCall would not be interested.

I don't think Ian would leave Ayr for us. They've been good for him and he might wish to show some loyalty to them.