Next St Mirren Manager

I think that we have a good squad who for whatever reason have downed tools. I think that there is something wrong seriously wrong behind the scenes which is affecting the players attitude.

I respect your opinion Kendo. Maybe we have a good squad that is under-performing but if so I would have expected the players to have shown glimpses of what they are capable of and unfortunately I have seen little signs of their potential. Gallagher, McMullan, Agnew, Howieson etc etc etc etc have shown me little that they are better than the players at Dumbarton, Livingston etc. We have some good players but most are in the leftovers from last season's squad - Goodwin, Mallan, Naismith, Baird, Kelly - with Murray's signings making up the numbers in my opinion. Time will tell if a new manager can show us an improvement with the same players.

He was on sportsound either last week or the week before saying how much he loves it over there, didn't seem in a rush to leave it. Who knows maybe the weather in Scotland just now will sway him tongue.png.

Would any sane person swap Australia for the Saints job? The fans still hold a grudge against him, if he gets off to a bad start the fans would be on his case within a couple of months and we'd be back at square one.

He was in severe personal financial difficulties not that long ago after an investment went sour on him.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/revealed-rangers-hero-ian-ferguson-3274150

My choice would always be Stephen Kenny, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie was linked heavily with the job over the next few months.

Seriuosly why would we even consider this guy ? We need an experienced man who will rid the club of trouble makers in the dressing room, and boot the arse of the rest who haven't done nothing all season.

I can see Calderwood coming in.

I never thought I would say it, but he might fit the bill.

Wee Chico on Radio Scotland suggesting Alex Rae has been discussed as the new manager.

Do not shoot the messenger! smile.png

Don't think we need to worry too much about that. Chick Young's record when it comes to revealing the last few managers has been appalling. I'd go with a lovestreet or flareybob exclusive before anything from Chico. Probably putting Rae's name out there in the hope we go for him and the vacant Sportsound shifts go his way.

Chico said Terry Butcher was close to getting the gig when Craig was sacked, when in reality we only approached Stuart McCall (apparently) before sticking with Teale.

I think Gilmour and Campbell deliberately feed Chick with shite for a bit of a giggle.

I respect your opinion Kendo. Maybe we have a good squad that is under-performing but if so I would have expected the players to have shown glimpses of what they are capable of and unfortunately I have seen little signs of their potential. Gallagher, McMullan, Agnew, Howieson etc etc etc etc have shown me little that they are better than the players at Dumbarton, Livingston etc. We have some good players but most are in the leftovers from last season's squad - Goodwin, Mallan, Naismith, Baird, Kelly - with Murray's signings making up the numbers in my opinion. Time will tell if a new manager can show us an improvement with the same players.

Yeah you could very well be right. However for the clubs sake I hope that you're wrong.

Some of our players have shown glimpses, however they have been brief.

McMullan was tearing Falkirk apart before he was kicked off the park. He hasn't kicked a ball since.

Agnew has scored a couple of good goals.

Gallacher looks the part but is played out of position.

Shankland could score a few goals given the right support.

The spine of the team is strong also. With the proper manager and support this group of players can do so much better.

Let's hope so, fingers crossed.

4 managers in less than 18 months. We have turned into Leeds United and look what's happened to them :-(

Aye, it's depressing stuff, alright.

Oh to have a manager that we were worried about losing to another club. I seem to recall the last sense of that was when ICT were believed to be sniffing around Gus.

We seem to be the managerial equivalent of the green mile.

If we let Conlan, McMullan, Shankland, and Reid all return to their clubs then we could have 4 other loan signings. And Watson's contract is up in Jan so that is potentially 5 new faces possibly without much cash outlay.

Edited by Sonny

If we let Conlan, McMullan, Shankland, and Reid all return to their clubs then we could have 4 other loan signings. And Watson's contract is up in Jan so that is potentially 5 new faces possibly without much cash outlay.

Hopefully bring in an entirely new defence because we are totally clueless at the back.

I think in our current position we desperately need an experienced manager and taking a gamble on a manager doing well from the lower leagues is not the answer

yes, billy stark would be a popular choice but I still think he lacks a bit of experience

I wouldn't be against jimmy Calderwood, although hes been out of the game for a while, but we desperately need someone with a strong character and ability to shake up our club from top to bottom as well as putting a team on the park that shows like they are trying to win games

How far away is Naismith from a return? If not ready, we would need a right back, and I don't have a huge problem with Watson (assuming he stays fit).