Next St Mirren Manager

Calderwood was at a wedding a few years ago I was at. while standing at the bar waiting we got talking...

I asked him if he was interested when the job came up after Lennon left said he was and he made that clear to the club!

Came across as allright but was glad he never got the job!

Are we that bad now that Calderwood would be a good choice?

Personally I wish we would get Danny back but that would mean the board admitting there wrong so never going to happen!

If it's Barry Ferguson or Alex Rae I will not be back for a bit!

Edited by leolovesstmfc

If directors are having to loan the club money to get by the cash flow is becoming an issue, our crowds are dwindling so we're bringing less in.

By tools though I wasn't referring to our facilities, I was referring to cash to bring in decent quality of player.

Football is seasonal and the income is too. Hence the loans, which have been repaid.

Our crowds are above average for the division and our player budget is too. Any new manager will have the tools to make us competitive in the top half of this league next season at his disposal.

Not really a denial or a come and get me plea: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-miller-insists-hasnt-considered-7008710

Him taking the training has made a real difference!

Yep, he definitely didn't rule himself out.

I expect he will be the manager for the Alloa game at the very least.

Football is seasonal and the income is too. Hence the loans, which have been repaid.

Our crowds are above average for the division and our player budget is too. Any new manager will have the tools to make us competitive in the top half of this league next season at his disposal.

Oh well, everything will be ok then.

Calderwood was at a wedding a few years ago I was at. while standing at the bar waiting we got talking.

I asked him if he was interested when the job came up after Lennon left said he was and he made that clear to the club!

Came across as allright but was glad he never got the job!

Are we that bad now that Calderwood would be a good choice?

Personally I wish we would get Danny back but that would mean the board admitting there wrong so never going to happen!

If it's Barry Ferguson or Alex Rae I will not be back for a bit!

When will you realise we were shit under lennon hardly won a game in 16 months. We won a cup and really happy about that bur if we hadn't would we have wanted to keep him another year

When was he desperate for work? He left Liverpool to go to Japan when Rafa brought in Sammy Lee as assistant.

He was head of scouting at Liverpool for a few years, worked in the academy, coached them when they won the Champions League - you think he has no contacts? None from working with scouts in his role at that time? No contacts with the players he worked with at Anfield or the managers and coaches he worked with?

Now I know you're a walloper, both by reading your posts and by the respones of posters on here whose opinion I respect, but if you seriously don't think Miller has any contacts and has no managerial or coaching experience despite the jobs he's held for many years, you're more clueless than you've previously displayed in your many moronic posts.

thumbup2.gif

He's not worked since 2012 and he was so desperate for something to do he offered his services to St Mirren for free, apparently, a year ago and St Mirren knocked him back. Not one of his "contacts" came through for him at JEF United Chiba, AIK or Sibir Novosibirsk. If he has got contacts they must be extremely thin on the ground and Benetez thought so highly of him he didn't take him anywhere else with him no matter how big or small the club.

Tell me, what contacts YOU think he has that are so excellent and queued up waiting to help him at St Mirren. After all you were the one making the claim

Edited by Stuart Dickson

He's not worked since 2012 and he was so desperate for something to do he offered his services to St Mirren for free, apparently, a year ago and St Mirren knocked him back. Not one of his "contacts" came through for him at JEF United Chiba, AIK or Sibir Novosibirsk. If he has got contacts they must be extremely thin on the ground and Benetez thought so highly of him he didn't take him anywhere else with him no matter how big or small the club.

Tell me, what contacts YOU think he has that are so excellent and queued up waiting to help him at St Mirren. After all you were the one making the claim

That's silly Stuart. Very silly.

He hasn't needed to work... he said that himself. Fsmily life is his priority now.

St Mirren knocking him back is probably a testimony to his quality given our recent judgement.

If the OP could name all the contacts then surely he would apply for the job.

Gary Teale in the Herald today highlighting a lack of ambition at the top at St Mirren since the Club was put up for sale. That's the biggest problem any new manager have to face.

In a nutshell. It's a day-to-day existence until a suitable buyer puts their cash on the table. Limbo land.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

Gary Teale in the Herald today highlighting a lack of ambition at the top at St Mirren since the Club was put up for sale. That's the biggest problem any new manager has to face.

Aye, he ain't wrong.

I imagine it is as much to do with a lack of direction as ambition.

What is the medium to long term plan? There most likely isn't one. The club is stuck in a day-to-day existence, with survival being the only ambition. As things stand, it is perilously close to sleepwalking into the third tier of Scottish football. That is unthinkable, but not remotely far-fetched.

We have all said it, and yes, we are desperate for an injection of fresh impetus and dynamism. The issue now, however, is that, once again, we are looking for a new manager whilst sitting in our worst position in the best part of two decades.

This is a very grim time to be a St Mirren supporter. The departure of Murray could yet prove to have been little more than a sideshow. Another reason why it wasn't a cause for celebration for me.

Edited by Drew

Don't suppose anyone has a link...

Would love to read this...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14144982.Gary_Teale_on_St_Mirren_s_lack_of_ambition_and_what_next_under_new_manager/

GARY TEALE, the former St Mirren manager, has accused the club of lacking ambition in the wake of their latest managerial casualty, while urging them to back the next man charged with turning their fortunes around.

Ian Murray was the fourth head coach in the space of two years to leave Paisley, the 34-year-old falling on his sword following a 1-0 defeat away to his old club Dumbarton that leaves them four points off the foot of the Ladbrokes Championship table.

It was a tenure that didn’t even last seven months as only two league wins from a possible 16 led their manager to walk away from the position that was previously held by Teale.

The ex-Scotland winger had hoped that he would be chosen to remain in the position before the club’s board decided to go in a different direction with Murray. Now those in charge at St Mirren must begin their search once more of finding the right candidate to deliver a team on the pitch that will deliver the success they seek and return them to the top flight at the first time of asking. And as they start that familiar process once more, Teale has urged them to choose wisely and give their new man the support to thrive in the job.

“Ideally as a manager you always want money available for your player recruitment. I learned that very, very quickly,” the 37-year-old told HeraldSport.

“You take the job knowing how much finance is there for you so you can’t complain too much, but I don’t think the club, in terms of them trying to sell it, have that much ambition to try and progress forward really.”

Relating to his own experience of the club supporting him during his spell as caretaker boss, Teale explained: “It wasn’t in terms of money it was just really Kenny McLean. When you sell your best player and top goal scorer in January – who is still your top scorer at the end of the season – who is now performing at Aberdeen, I think everyone understands what I had to work under.

“You also had Ross County and Motherwell to who were strengthening their squads.

“If we had kept Kenny we might have ended up closer. In the end we were only six points off a play-off place. Having more money would have been great, but that one alone I think would have given us a better opportunity.”

Teale refused to be drawn on questions regarding what has gone wrong under Murray, respectfully stating that it was not his position to comment. However, the former Scotland manager cannot help but wonder what might have been if he had still been in charge.

While he will be credited as the manager who went down with the St Mirren ship last season, a lot of damage was done by the time the former Wigan man inherited Tommy Craig’s team this time last year that left the rookie caretaker coach with an uphill task.

“You never know for certain,” he said.

“From a personal point of view, you feel as if you might have been able to make a difference. You can’t say that it would have definitely happened, but I felt that having been in the job five or six months I knew what the club had to do going forward.

“In the end Ian came in with maybe fresh ideas, having to get to know the players and the place. I thought I may have been a little bit ahead in that sense, but there’s nothing written in stone to say I’d have been a success. You just need to trust your own beliefs that you could have made a difference.”

Teale has yet to find a way back into the game since he left Paisley at the end of last season, and the former St Mirren man insists he would not rule out a return if an opportunity ever presented itself.

But no matter who the next man is to take charge on a permanent basis, whether young or old, experienced or not, stability is the key to getting St Mirren back to where he and those around the club believe it should be.

Teale said: “It’s a hard one because I enjoyed my time at the club. I’d have loved to have been in that position. I think I would have progressed it forward because I had an understanding of where it needed to go, but they chose to go in another direction.

“Now they look like they need to try something else again. I think they need a bit of stability and give a bit of time to whoever is in charge, and a bit of backing as well.

“I don’t think there are a million things wrong. Sitting here as a young manager, you need an opportunity. Experience is good but youth brings a lot of enthusiasm and some fresh ideas.

“Ultimately they just need to get things right and put a structure in place. You have to have a plan and know how you are going to do it, whether it’s a young manager or an experienced one.”

Edited by BLF

So the fact that he, as a 66 year old, wanted to help out is somehow a negative?

You seem fixed on the idea of him having no contacts, to the point of obsession.

Benitez had him as first team coach for 4 years, during which Liverpool reached two Champions League Finals, winning one, and became the number 1 ranked team in Europe. He must have been rotten right enough...

Lose the obsession and realise that a guy who has worked with the managers, coaches, players and scouts that Miller has done will have a fine list of contacts. This doesn't mean people falling over themselves to come to his rescue in any or every job he does.

Did Miller shag your wife or something? Or was she just one of his contacts...