Next St Mirren Manager

It looks shocking because we won a trophy 5 months ago. It looks shocking because we're only 3 games into a new season, I do agree that if the form doesn't improve then we need to address it, but now isn't the time. Might not be too far away if things don't get better, but to do it now looks shocking in my opinion, for people looking at this from outside, for prospective replacements for the manager.

Agree, Look at the start ICT and Fakes had at the beginning of last season and look where they finished. TBH, I sometime wonder what some fans expect for a club with a limited budget and our history of scraping around the bottom end of the league for most of our history. We had that lovely period between 76 and early 80s but that is as good as it has got for most of those who have suffered more than others through watching the club through the decades. Sacking the manager at this stage is plain stupid. Give him time to bring in the additional players he needs and then see where we are at the end of the first quarter. Btw, this issue about the playing personnel in our squad is strange when only Samson as a first team regular has left. The bones of our first team squad are still there plus Harkins and Grainger. McGregor is back but still needs games as does Kenny McLean. We could do with more support up front but remember it is our defence that has leaked goals also.

You miss my point. We won a cup 5 months ago. Ever since, many fans have been trying to hound the manager out. Some fans seem to be unfamiliar with the definition of support.

I'm not saying Lennon won't deserve to go if we can't stop the rot soon, but the fact is that it looks shocking for a manager to be sacked so soon after winning a major trophy.

That, my dear fellow, is because a vast majority of St. Mirren supporters are utter cúnts. bye1.gif

I agree sacking him right now is a bit extreme however the trophy shouldn't matter. Why should winning a trophy protect him from the sack? If he's not good enough at managing this team in the league which is still more vital than winning a cup (no matter how great the experience of winning the cup was) then he should be sacked. Saying he shouldn't be sacked because he won a cup is like saying don't sack the chef because 5 months ago he won The cleanest kitchen award and the fact he's a horrendous cook should be seen as a secondary factor as it might look bad if we sack him. As I've said he's had 3 years and he does not deserve much more than that.

Biggest wind-up post yet, or rather, I hope it is.

If this shit is intended to be serious then the game is truly fecked

I have yet to hear a viable and realistic alternative to Danny Lennon from any of the 'sack him now' brigade.

It does appear though, he's coming the end of his tenure. As a support, we have to be the most reactionary in Scotland. He has never had anywhere near the full backing of the support. If Danny Lennon leaves tomorrow, his tenure at St. Mirren will be viewed as a total, unequivocal success, he has led us to a cup, kept us up year on year and had us playing nice football, yet some folk will still go on about how shite a manager he is.

Wait 'til Jimmy Calderwood comes in, then we'll all be f**king sorry,

Our board won't pay him off unless we are adrift at the bottom of the table and that won't happen with the situation with Hearts. As for this weekend we will be hurting from the County game and with a couple of signings to freshen things I feel Thistle will make it hard for us but we will take the 3 points and talking this time next week about our new striker

What Hearts situation ,they have already clawed back 6 points on us ,after only 4 games ,our game in hand is Celtic away .

The preseasons been part of the problem. His management of the squad over the summer has been shocking, and it's playing a big part in our awful start.

I agree we should give him more than 3 games, no one is reasonably expecting to go now. Lose tomorrow and fail to win on Saturday though...

How do you know, have you been around to witness events in his office and at training?

Thought not. You dont know what he has to deal with and therefore are not qualified to support that statement.

As for the last part, you seem to be almost slavering at the thought of a couple of defeats.

Christmas will have come early for you and SPS if we lose.

Thing is, i think the board have hunkered down on this for the long run, I really dont think the y will sack DL, they might be waiting for him to get so sick of these rivers of pish that he resigns, though. What will the boo-boys do if we carry on losing and DL is not even remotely under threat?

They have clawed back 6 points yes, but there are other teams pretty close by like Hibs and Killie.

Yes that's true but we drew with 10 man Killie at home while Hibs beat them at Rugby Park , this week we play Partick at home ,they beat Ross County away 3-1,we have scored 1 goal in 3 games .

Edited by linwood buddie

You miss my point. We won a cup 5 months ago. Ever since, many fans have been trying to hound the manager out. Some fans seem to be unfamiliar with the definition of support.

I'm not saying Lennon won't deserve to go if we can't stop the rot soon, but the fact is that it looks shocking for a manager to be sacked so soon after winning a major trophy.

Sometimes, winning a major European trophy isn't enough to keep a manager his job. If things aren't right, they aren't right.

It was 1977 Full time at Love Street I'm sure it was a Tuesday night but might have been a Wednesday. There were 8 thousand at the game against I think East Fife which had ended 2 2, and most of them were booing. I thought I had just watched a decent first division game. The next day the Saints manager a guy called Ferguson, said in the press, the players are hurt and puzzled, they are nearly 20 games unbeaten, top of the league and are booed of the park. He then said he wasn't puzzled he was raging and didn't know who they thought they were supporting with this type of thing.

Something's never change eh move on all these years and our support is still full people who think we should be playing in Europe ever year and beating everyone except Celtic by 2 or 3 every week. Here is the question a lot of the guys who want a managerial change keeps harping on the cup win was fine but the league was more important. So would you have prefered to finish 4 & 5 like the Highlands teams or have won the League Cup?

Danny does look a beaten man, but has it ever occurred to the morons abusing him on Saturday and on here since, that as Supporters he should be getting behind him and not with knives in hand.

It was 1977 Full time at Love Street I'm sure it was a Tuesday night but might have been a Wednesday. There were 8 thousand at the game against I think East Fife which had ended 2 2, and most of them were booing. I thought I had just watched a decent first division game. The next day the Saints manager a guy called Ferguson, said in the press, the players are hurt and puzzled, they are nearly 20 games unbeaten, top of the league and are booed of the park. He then said he wasn't puzzled he was raging and didn't know who they thought they were supporting with this type of thing.

Something's never change eh move on all these years and our support is still full people who think we should be playing in Europe ever year and beating everyone except Celtic by 2 or 3 every week. Here is the question a lot of the guys who want a managerial change keeps harping on the cup win was fine but the league was more important. So would you have prefered to finish 4 & 5 like the Highlands teams or have won the League Cup?

Danny does look a beaten man, but has it ever occurred to the morons abusing him on Saturday and on here since, that as Supporters he should be getting behind him and not with knives in hand.

10/10 for realism. Well written sir.

Some idiots on here think St Mirren can do no wrong, and would probably applaud them on the the park if they lost 10 nil, such as nedflanders and howard to name a few.

I like Danny Lennon, but it is time for him to go, losing 6 in a row last season was unacceptable, we did win the league cup which was great (and people saying "it's too soon to be sacked after winning a cup), Roberto Di Matteo was sacked at Chelsea not long after winning the Champions League.

The start to the season and his activity in the transfer market pre-season has been embarassing, with Harkins being the exception.

I fear Hearts will catch up with us now if Danny is still in charge and relegation looms.

However Danny Lennon is a much better manager than Gus MacPherson ever was, Danny won over the fans immediately, whereas Gus hated St Mirren fans who criticised him, Gus's arrogance was his downfall.

Some idiots on here think St Mirren can do no wrong, and would probably applaud them on the the park if they lost 10 nil, such as nedflanders and howard to name a few.

I like Danny Lennon, but it is time for him to go, losing 6 in a row last season was unacceptable, we did win the league cup which was great (and people saying "it's too soon to be sacked after winning a cup), Roberto Di Matteo was sacked at Chelsea not long after winning the Champions League.

The start to the season and his activity in the transfer market pre-season has been embarassing, with Harkins being the exception.

I fear Hearts will catch up with us now if Danny is still in charge and relegation looms.

However Danny Lennon is a much better manager than Gus MacPherson ever was, Danny won over the fans immediately, whereas Gus hated St Mirren fans who criticised him, Gus's arrogance was his downfall.

Couldn't you have made this and your opening post on another thread?

Starting yet another 'manager' thread smacks of "look at me" bawbaggery.

I think you're more than aware of this, however, and I'm annoyed at myself for biting, truth be told.

It is at times like this when the largely self-moderating nature of this site seems less than attractive. That's a shame, because we shouldn't need heavy moderating, but the forum will die on its arse if folk don't get a grip and cut out the pointless alias shite and spouting of repetitive drivel.

You also must remember the same guy called Ferguson criticising his Aberdeen team that had just beaten Rangers in a cup final , the guy was a genius who knew how to get the best out of every player , are you comparing DL to Fergie?

Aye, merge this pish thread with the rest of the anti St Mirren threads over the last week.

The delete the f**king lot.

What makes this thread "Anti-St Mirren", shull ? Even those who are advocating the sack for DL shouldn't be accused of being anti-St Mirren as they obviously see that option as the best way forward for the club. The Pro-DL and the Anti-DL have opposing viewpoints but they have the same desire for success for our wee team.

I agree it is a fairly pointless thread, but no more so than many others we see started on here. e.g. whereabouts-on-Neilston-Road-to-go-for-the-best-bargain-bacon-rolls-and-a-cuppa-tea kinda thread.

Some idiots like myself would support St Mirren if we bottom of League Two. We all make mistakes that is part of life and hopefully the management team, players & BOD learn from them going forward and we improve as the season goes on. So if it means giving DL more time just based on the league cup win and that in small doses I have seen our side play some of the best football in my 33 years supporting them under DL he should get until Christmas.

You also must remember the same guy called Ferguson criticising his Aberdeen team that had just beaten Rangers in a cup final , the guy was a genius who knew how to get the best out of every player , are you comparing DL to Fergie?

No I'm saying that as a support we are intolerant and have been to better managers and teams in the past. In fact we like to abuse the two Glasgow bigots for thinking they should be winning every week, when in reality we have fans who think likewise. I have said in the past that I'm not that sure if Danny will ever be a top class manager, or even an average manager. What I do know is that he works hard for the club and has grown to like it. I also believe that that players he wanted and he thought we could afford turned us down.

For what's its worth, and since you kind of asked only Stein ever stands comparison with Ferguson

Yes that's true but we drew with 10 man Killie at home while Hibs beat them at Rugby Park , this week we play Partick at home ,they beat Ross County away 3-1,we have scored 1 goal in 3 games .

Last season we beat Celtic, who beat Barcelona.

Alternatively, St Johnstone took 4 off Ross County, who beat us by 3, but got beaten by 4 by Dundee United.

You can use other teams to prove any point you want to make, and I find it sad that some Saints fans will actually be happy to lose our next two games, just to see Danny Lennon sacked.

You also must remember the same guy called Ferguson criticising his Aberdeen team that had just beaten Rangers in a cup final , the guy was a genius who knew how to get the best out of every player , are you comparing DL to Fergie

The prize for most efficiently twisting someone else's post to suit your own agenda is most definitely yours.

Edited by beyond our ken