Next St Mirren Manager

He shouldn't have made such a monumental c**t of things over the summer then.

In my opinion he wasn't alone in that.

All summer a few kept saying we needed certain postions in our squad to be filled as we released a few players.

We kept getting told they were coming but never did,

If he spunked his budget on certain players getting paid over the odds.

Who gave the go ahead for this as we have told we have a wage structure at the club.

Our recent bad start isn't a surprise giving our shambles of a squad.

And if the stories of certain players getting paid this and that are true.

Little wonder morale is low as it causes unrest

I never wanted to post this thread I wanted Danny to be a success for years to come but its not working out anymore and I think he will no longer be manager of st.mirren on Monday. This is a forum to share opinions with other supporters and would like to know who they think the manager of st.mirren should be.

Heard some of the old boys on the train mention that they 'heard' that Jim McInally had been spoken to about the possibility of getting the gig. Could be pish, but dont know if anyone else has heard anything about speaking to him?

Heard some of the old boys on the train mention that they 'heard' that Jim McInally had been spoken to about the possibility of getting the gig. Could be pish, but dont know if anyone else has heard anything about speaking to him?

No i haven't heard that name being mentioned.

It was another name that hasn't been mentioned yet on here i got told.

But then again i was told Danny was getting his jotters after the Patrick game

He shouldn't have made such a monumental c**t of things over the summer then.

This is the crux of the matter for me. If he did as you say then he is currently reaping what he sowed in the summer. However, surely the BOD are complicit either by letting Lennon dismantle a squad without replacements lined up or failing to get him the replacements he identified.

Before I completely make my mind up on whether he should be sacked I'd love to know the answer to this.

This is the crux of the matter for me. If he did as you say then he is currently reaping what he sowed in the summer. However, surely the BOD are complicit either by letting Lennon dismantle a squad without replacements lined up or failing to get him the replacements he identified.

Before I completely make my mind up on whether he should be sacked I'd love to know the answer to this.

This is definitely the big one for me.

Was he being punished for paying off Imrie, Guy, freezing out Mair?

What players did he identify? Surely can't just have been Grainger and Harkins.

Why was Samson not offered a better deal?

I suspect we'll never know.

You miss my point. We won a cup 5 months ago. Ever since, many fans have been trying to hound the manager out. Some fans seem to be unfamiliar with the definition of support.

I'm not saying Lennon won't deserve to go if we can't stop the rot soon, but the fact is that it looks shocking for a manager to be sacked so soon after winning a major trophy.

No it wont it will look shocking if we continue to employ a Manager who has run out of Ideas

In my opinion he wasn't alone in that.

All summer a few kept saying we needed certain postions in our squad to be filled as we released a few players.

We kept getting told they were coming but never did,

If he spunked his budget on certain players getting paid over the odds.

Who gave the go ahead for this as we have told we have a wage structure at the club.

Our recent bad start isn't a surprise giving our shambles of a squad.

And if the stories of certain players getting paid this and that are true.

Little wonder morale is low as it causes unrest

Was it a case of give him enough rope and he will eventually hang himself??

Billy Reid any day of the week. We have went inexperienced and its not worked. A safe pair of hands that can get us to tenth will do me

It would do me too but I don't think Billy Reid is the best guy to achieve this - the phrase "safe pair of hands" was meant to be ironic, to repeat myself I'd rather have Hartley or Murray over any of the Old-Timers with as many failures as successes on their CV's.

To be specific about Reid he rode the tide well when Hamilton were on the up but his decisions once it turned would make me unwilling to hire him.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Hartley or McLeish (though I suspect the latter would be well out of our price range).

Few names inspire or excite.

Someone who isn't scared to toe some arses is an absolute must. A figure who commands respect.

Edited by Drew