Next St Mirren Manager

Why not bud, we seem to have plenty of money to pay off players.

Well we haven't paid off a player this season.

I don't doubt we could afford to pay Murray off. I do doubt we could afford to pay him off and then add a new contract to the club.

Remember, he has a 2 year deal. It ain't going to be cheap to sack him.

Plus I'd imagine the likes of Imrie and Harkins were on better wages than our current manager.

Possibly. Different kettle of fish with players though.

They both knew they were getting another club relatively quickly and wanted to leave. I imagine there mutual consent agreements weren't too hefty.

Murray may never manage again after this debacle. He certainly won't get another full time gig any time soon and he doesn't want to leave.

Paying him off will be far more expensive.

Well we haven't paid off a player this season.

I don't doubt we could afford to pay Murray off. I do doubt we could afford to pay him off and then add a new contract to the club.

Remember, he has a 2 year deal. It ain't going to be cheap to sack him.

Depends what clauses are in the contract. I wouldn't imagine anyone on here has seen the fine print of the managers contract so we don't know what, if any, clauses are in there regarding termination or moving to another club.

Depends what clauses are in the contract. I wouldn't imagine anyone on here has seen the fine print of the managers contract so we don't know what, if any, clauses are in there regarding termination or moving to another club.

Indeed. I know there's been a rumour going around on social media that Murray had an ' X performance minimum by Christmas or sacked for nothing '.

Utter nonsense of course, no manager in their right mind would agree to something like that. I would guess that if he did have a clause in his deal it would most likely be at the end of year one in his two year deal. No help to us now unfortunately.

Murray was an expansive appointment. We had to pay Teale off and then pay Dumbarton to get him and Spalding. The BOD will naturally be desperate not to sack him after such expense in getting him, but the way things are going they aren't going to have much option.

Edited by TopCat

Indeed. I know there's been a rumour going around on social media that Murray had an ' X performance minimum by Christmas or sacked for nothing '.

Utter nonsense of course, no manager in their right mind would agree to something like that. I would guess that if he did have a clause in his deal it would most likely be at the end of year one in his two year deal. No help to us now unfortunately.

Murray was an expansive appointment. We had to pay Teale off and then pay Dumbarton to get him and Spalding. The BOD will naturally be desperate not to sack him after such expense in getting him, but the way things are going they aren't going to have much option.

So you have seen the detail of the managers contract? It always was a long shot that a performance clause was present.

Eric Black, Terry Butcher, Billy Davis, Duncan Ferguson, Gary McAllister, Billy McKinlay I believe are all available and looking for a new challenge. (I may be wrong)

Guy's like Billy Davis have win ratios in the 40 % plus range at several clubs - 4 times better than Murray

I'd bet that even if his salary was 4 times Murray's - it would bring in far more than he'd cost via success and larger crowds!

Eric Black, Terry Butcher, Billy Davis, Duncan Ferguson, Gary McAllister, Billy McKinlay I believe are all available and looking for a new challenge. (I may be wrong)

Guy's like Billy Davis have win ratios in the 40 % plus range at several clubs - 4 times better than Murray

I'd bet that even if his salary was 4 times Murray's - it would bring in far more than he'd cost via success and larger crowds!

Their is no way that Billy Davies would either become manager or be offered it even at 4 times Murrays wage. Such a move by the BOD,s to first of all pay Murray off and the compensation that this would entail, plus the money we would have to invest in wages alone to get Billy Davis would make it impractical, however he may appeal to some.

Their is but 2 of the above names you suggest might be worth a punt as manager that I would perhaps go along with you and once again I don,t see either being offered the job that is once we have one to offer.

Gary McAllistair is currently working behind the scenes at Liverpool. Billy McKinlay manages Stabaek in Norway, Duncan Ferguson is Everton's 1st team coach, Why would we want Terry Butcher? Been a failure after he left ICT, flopped at Hibs and Newport County. And I'm sure Billy Davies has stated plenty of times that he doesn't want the job.

Edited by SuperSaints 12

Is there any reason why the Ibrox messiah, Warburton's name, hasn't featured heavily here?

This seems to be the only club he's not in the running to manage, so far - given he is so understandably unsettled at sevco...

Edited by bluto

Gary McAllistair is currently working behind the scenes at Liverpool. Billy McKinlay manages Stabaek in Norway, Duncan Ferguson is Everton's 1st team coach, Why would we want Terry Butcher? Been a failure after he left ICT, flopped at Hibs and Newport County. And I'm sure Billy Davies has stated plenty of times that he doesn't want the job.

Why was Billy Davis hanging about the club last season?

Finally a bit of reality. Last I heard Butcher was happy back living down in Suffolk and doing media work. Would he really want to give that up to come manage a team in the bottom half of the second tier?

Moot point anyway, as we couldn't afford him.