Next St Mirren Manager

I do agree with you. But why do the BoD always state that the club budget for 11th place and out of the cups in the first round we participate in?

Saints probably have too many players on a far higher basic wage in comparison to teams like St Johnstone, Ross County, Inverness and Partick - perhaps the desire for a win bonus for these teams is far greater and is demonstrated with their current league form.

Do they project for paying players off though? Plus, who knows how much we covered for Goncalves in wages/digs. We renewed contracts earlier and there was no war over bonuses so they probably were decent.

• 3 months later...

Murray from Dumbarton please. ASAP.

Decent shout. He's doing a sterling job over here. Always a bit of a punt, but I suspect he might command a bit more respect from his squad than Danny does.

Sadly, I think this is Danny's Achilles' heel - I'm not sure he has the leadership qualities required to get the best from his charges. While the players have to have a hard look at themselves if they fail to buckle down and/or treat the manager like a mug, it is his responsiblity to exert his authority when required. I fear Danny is a bit too nice/soft for his own good at times.

Surely the board must take the blame. We are the only major club in Scotland who have never had a BOD with any money. As a result we have punched above our weight for decades. Look at Livingston for example, bust twice and yet every transfer window they are able to sell off young players for good money. A bugbear of mine for years is the lack of young talent through the ranks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last player we made any money on was Simon Lappin! I know there are a few this season but that is first time in years