Next St Mirren Manager

While everyone is entitled to their view and supporting St Mirren is nice, TC is St Mirrens manager and, as such, deserves a chance.

I'm no "ridiculing" you, I'm just surprised that someone who thinks he is a reasonably balanced "supporter" is pissing his pants at this stage of the season.

I also understand 100% how frustrating it is watching us lose.

4 games is NOT a serious opportunity top decide we need a new manager.

Also, in case you've forgotten, we're hardly in a financial position to sack him.

I'm not pissing my pants. I want change. Craig was an integral component of a management team that, cup win (glorious though it was) aside, failed to deliver based on the BoD not ggiving Danny a new contract. There was an opportunity to make the required change, and it wasn't really taken.

Its disappointing, but not something I will lose any sleep over. This remains a football chat forum, however, and while I choose to come on here to contribute, I will say my piece, if that okay? I am not abusing anyone, issuing threats, or trolling, so reckon I haven't forfeited my membership just yet, no?

Oh, and when did I ever suggest I was 'reasonably balanced'? FFS!

Edited by Drew

I think there will be a couple of key points.

The next 4 games will be crucial. Fail to win by October and we could see him in trouble.

Even if we do have a slight upturn, the Ross County game will be crucial.

After that the next international break could well be the deciding point in November.

Ideally?

Now.

Won't happen, though.

At the outside, the first round of matches - ie: once we have played everyone once. I don't have any confidence that'll happen either.

Drew i honestly think it will be to late by then i think we will be lucky if we have 3 points by that time .

Just stumbled across this paragraph on the BBC websites ins and outs section (added on 26th August):

Prediction: 9th. Tommy Craig was a surprise choice to replace the axed Danny Lennon considering the former assistant was part of a regime criticised by some of their own players. The veteran manager will have a battle on his hands to unite the dressing-room and satisfy a sceptical support.

Hmm....just more journalistic shit-stirring? Do we know to whom they might be referring in terms of the criticism of the former regime by some of our players? Seems an odd thing to add. The sceptical support bit, aye, that's a given.

Goals change everything even if your playing good or bad, one goal can turn the game.

To me that seems like all we are missing,

with ditching Gowser we still play football but much more direct. And quicker to goal scoring chance than we did previously.

We alse seem to have stopped recycling possesion on the edge of the box if a chance (as the player normaly Gowser saw it) isnt a stick on.

This i would identify as the reason as yet we aren't getting the goals along with luck. We probably needed these four competitive games to adjust to taking the chances early, at the same time as commiting enough of the opposition so we don't leave ourselves exposed.

If anything the team should be hitting quicker on the counter and running through the oppositions midfield, as we certainly are creating the chances to put games beyond our opponents. i belive we have a much more dynamic, free flowing midfield and forward line that has hurt teams without so far their just reward. The team, coaches and fans need to belive in themselves and crack on.

Never seen a game won yet by knickerwetting, moaning calling for someone to be sacked or dissin your own team !

KTF...... Keep The Farah's!

Edited by Lord Pityme

I don't think Tommy is going anywhere soon. Having had two days to reflect upon Saturday's result, I don't think we have a bad squad. It's clear to me that the main problem at the moment is confidence. I reckon if we get the first goal against Killie in the next game we'll go on to hammer them. I think Ball is right in that we are going to go out and destroy someone soon. When all the tension disappears we'll be hungry for goals.

Bring on the abuse, but I genuinely believe that once we get that first goal we'll be fine but we need to get it soon. The longer the drought goes on though I fear for us but it's still early days.

At the end of September last year we had two points on the board and had been put out the League Cup at the first time of asking.

We are just slow starters. Keep the faith :-)

Div , those of us old enough to remember that years ago in order to start your car you had to use a manual choke , I think we need something to kickstart this team.

I'm not suggesting we choke anyone :P however we need to get the jump leads out !

Div , those of us old enough to remember that years ago in order to start your car you had to use a manual choke , I think we need something to kickstart this team.

I'm not suggesting we choke anyone :P however we need to get the jump leads out !

Choke Elvis, he's no exactly our lucky mascot.

I don't think Tommy is going anywhere soon. Having had two days to reflect upon Saturday's result, I don't think we have a bad squad. It's clear to me that the main problem at the moment is confidence. I reckon if we get the first goal against Killie in the next game we'll go on to hammer them. I think Ball is right in that we are going to go out and destroy someone soon. When all the tension disappears we'll be hungry for goals.

Bring on the abuse, but I genuinely believe that once we get that first goal we'll be fine but we need to get it soon. The longer the drought goes on though I fear for us but it's still early days.

I agree that St Mirren getting the first goal in a game could be just what we need, but going into the Arabs game, I thought getting a win against Dunfermline would have seen us turn a wee corner - erm, naw, gubbed again.

Also, we were given a more than decent opening set of fixtures. We haven't even been to places like Celtic Park, Pittodrie, Tannadice, McDiarmid or the Tulloch Caledonian yet. I fear our problems run far deeper than just needing that opening goal to go our way.

I do not see anyone being on the end of a hiding from St Mirren. No-one. From where I'm sitting, other clubs are better organised, have a better game plan, have made better signings, and don't look like crumbling when going one down.

Ross County may be the exception that saves us from automatic relegation. I tell you what though, I don't fancy a playoff against the likely runners up in this season's Championship one little bit either.

The quote from the bbc website about players not being happy with Tommy may well be correct. If you're working for someone you don't like I doubt you put as much effort in as you would if you were working with someone you respect and get along with.

The players so far this term have given very little for TC, the minute he stayed when Danny left I worried about how it would be recieved.

The quote from the bbc website about players not being happy with Tommy may well be correct. If you're working for someone you don't like I doubt you put as much effort in as you would if you were working with someone you respect and get along with.

The players so far this term have given very little for TC, the minute he stayed when Danny left I worried about how it would be recieved.

The players should put maximum effort on the park and they can say what they like about TC behind his back. If they aren't trying then they can f**k off and if they are leaking information they can also f**k off. It's that simple...stay or demand a move.

My gut feeling too - the only seasons we have lost money under the current regime are when we have sacked managers so I think the current BoD will see it as an apocalyptic solution and I see nothing in TC's history to suggest he will walk away from a paid contract so I reckon he's here for the duration.

I've seen two games this season and I think we look better than time last season when we were all over the place, this time round we look ineffective in front of goal and prone too errors at the back - faults which will relegate us unless we can rectify them.

The previous two managers took us to the edge in the league but always seemed to get the necessary results in the end, will TC be able to do the same?Given the teams missing from the top flight this season I was hoping for a stress free season but it seems it's gonna be the usual bumpy ride. I've seen us relegated before and while I'm unlikely to take it with good grace it won't be the end of the world.

To summarize - Back to the Future! Flush.gif

Don't want to sound pedantic but i thought we were mental before we were crazy. I remember singing that at Wembley in 1975. Whatever you do, don't mention the name Stewart Kennedy. Oh,shit!

I thought that and changed it 5 minutes before you were pedantic thumbup2.gifwhistling.gif