Next St Mirren Manager

In all seriousness these kinds of threads really don't help matters.

They don't but in fairness the panel on superscoreboard on Clyde 1 have been talking about potential successors for Dan the manager man and with the inevitable now looming inevitably large such such discussions are inevitable.

My favourite would be Kenny Shiels. Whilst many will disagree with me he did out perform Dan the manger man in the league at every opportunity and the press conferences would again be interesting.

I vote for Kenny

Craig Levein was spoken about on superscoreboard and apparently he is the name being banded about from a thing called twitter.

Well, to be fair, Jupp Heynckes was leaving Bayern at the end of last season anyway.

You have to remember, this is a support who laud Billy Stark to the high heavens yet, in his playing days at Love Street, were never off his back giving him abuse. Twisted bástards? Oh, I rather think so.

Thats because he was a lazy bastard

I've not been on the forum before, but have read with interest the varied views that my fellow Saints fans are expressing. Danny Lennon led, and some could say inspired a cut price bunch of youngsters guys on loan and ageing players to cup glory last season.. Was it a fluke, who knows but after both the semi-final and the final he could almost have walked on water..

He deserves something back from us.. Faith...

With a small budget and a few guys who haven't stepped up to be counted this season what are we expecting..

I've heard the rumours that the he's lost the dressing room, and that their's successors waiting in the wing but think of the elation we all experienced pumping Celtic in the semi then winning the cup.. That alone gives him in my opinion more time to sort out poor start to the season,

Two choices:

Experienced option: Levein. Proven manager in the SPL and the lower leagues.

Inexperienced punt: Hartley. No top level experience, but won back to back promotions in the lower leagues, ex international player and has played in England... Hence decent contacts.

Either one is fine by me. The important thing is all Saints fans get right behind our new manager, whoever he is.

Two choices:Experienced option: Levein. Proven manager in the SPL and the lower leagues.Inexperienced punt: Hartley. No top level experience, but won back to back promotions in the lower leagues, ex international player and has played in England... Hence decent contacts.Either one is fine by me. The important thing is all Saints fans get right behind our new manager, whoever he is.

As I said on p & b, Levein got me to stop watching Scotland.

I don't want a reason to give up on St Mirren.

Buddies were wearied by Gus's style of football. Levein's makes your eyes bleed!

Two choices:

Experienced option: Levein. Proven manager in the SPL and the lower leagues.

Inexperienced punt: Hartley. No top level experience, but won back to back promotions in the lower leagues, ex international player and has played in England... Hence decent contacts.

Either one is fine by me. The important thing is all Saints fans get right behind our new manager, whoever he is.

There will be more options than that Lex, many more indeed. I shall add some

Kenny Shiels - my preferred choice as I like him. He is a character and the game needs characters like him. We would get improvement with him.

Peter Houston - Experienced manager who won the Scottish cup and stuff

That's all I can be bothered doing for now.

PS We could expect improvement with Kenny Shiels as his debt ravaged Kilmarnock side out performed Dan the manager mans team every year.

The same Levein whose United side finished above Hearts?

Yes, for One season out of three.

My remark was not intended to imply Levein would not give his all (well maybe it was a wee bit !! whistling.gif ) it was made more as a result of my total dislike for this boring fart of a man & the overwhelming hope that the tedious brand of football he inflicted on the National team should not even be considered by us.

You miss my point. We won a cup 5 months ago. Ever since, many fans have been trying to hound the manager out. Some fans seem to be unfamiliar with the definition of support.

I'm not saying Lennon won't deserve to go if we can't stop the rot soon, but the fact is that it looks shocking for a manager to be sacked so soon after winning a major trophy.

He shouldn't have made such a monumental c**t of things over the summer then.

I've not been on the forum before, but have read with interest the varied views that my fellow Saints fans are expressing. Danny Lennon led, and some could say inspired a cut price bunch of youngsters guys on loan and ageing players to cup glory last season.. Was it a fluke, who knows but after both the semi-final and the final he could almost have walked on water..

He deserves something back from us.. Faith...

With a small budget and a few guys who haven't stepped up to be counted this season what are we expecting..

I've heard the rumours that the he's lost the dressing room, and that their's successors waiting in the wing but think of the elation we all experienced pumping Celtic in the semi then winning the cup.. That alone gives him in my opinion more time to sort out poor start to the season,

Great first post Sir ! clap.gif

Is there a team in Scotland who have had less managers than us in the last 8 years? I'd be surprised if there was, the Saints job is one of the most secure around.

Hearts Perhaps? and that wasnt (in most cases) because the managers where doing a bad job, but because Romanov was crazier than a shithoose rat!

Once Danny gets the inevitable P45 unless the board already have someone lined up there will be at least 2 people per day linked with the job. There will be the usual names that have already been banded about, Shiels, McLeish, Levein, Hartley, Calderwood, Jeffries etc but some other surprise candidates probably from England or further afield. How long till Neil Warnock says he is interested?