Next St Mirren Manager

FFS. After about six posts on the subject of Longwell, I think you've made your point.

You obviously for some reason have a dislike for the man. Start your own topic on the matter.

Now your blaming the kids for our predicament, how old are you. thumbdown.gif

i would think that a thread to discuss the next manager is the ideal place to discuss who will be part of the next management team!

nowhere have i blamed the kids for our predicament

the fault lied solely with a board of directors who appointed the wrong manager and wrong head of youth development.

with regards to age, I'm guessing that you have the mental age of a 5 year old

a 5 year old monkey

not sure where you are getting that from div

the youth academy has been there for more than 10 years and longwell has been there all that time

the youth academy didn't just start with the new training ground!

to suggest its only been here 4 years is absurd!

10 years, no transfer fees and a bunch of kids who have us 2nd bottom of the league

its been an unmitigated disaster and instead of happy clapping it we should be calling for change

i would think that a thread to discuss the next manager is the ideal place to discuss who will be part of the next management team!

nowhere have i blamed the kids for our predicament

the fault lied solely with a board of directors who appointed the wrong manager and wrong head of youth development.

with regards to age, I'm guessing I have the mental age of a 5 year old

a 5 year old monkey

smile.png

I know some people associated with the Sons, they believe part-time suits Ian Murray as his wife is a head teacher and he looks after their young family. I think it unlikely he is going to uproot his family life for a club like Saints but you never know. What about Grant Murray at Raith??

a 20 minute drive over the erskine bridge is hardly uprooting your family (assuming Murray even lives on the wrong side of the clyde)

there are such things as nurseries, childminders and relatives. It maybe suits Murray to build his career in the present environment, but an ambitious man would be using such a chance to help build his future elsewhere.

Is Terry Butcher's announcement of pulling out the running at Motherwell making more sense, now?

The odds must favour McCall for the sevco hotseat, no?

In saying that, I think their support would be happy enough with Butcher. Either or is a safe bet, but McCall seems more likely to me.

Edited by Drew

The odd must favour McCall for the sevco hotseat, no?

In saying that, I think their support would be happy enough with Butcher. Either or is a safe bet, but McCall seems more likely to me.

My last message on the subject.

I mentioned Butcher because there has been some suggestion, on this thread, he withdrew his candidacy from Motherwell as an indication he could prefer Saints. As to whether or not Butcher or McCall take over at Ibrokes and I couldn't care less, I wish whomever takes over the job the very worst of fortune.