Next St Mirren Manager

My last message on the subject.

I mentioned Butcher because there has been some suggestion, on this thread, he withdrew his candidacy from Motherwell as an indication he could prefer Saints. As to whether or not Butcher or McCall take over at Ibrokes and I couldn't care less, I wish whomever takes over the job the very worst of fortune.

I concur.

My last message on the subject.

I mentioned Butcher because there has been some suggestion, on this thread, he withdrew his candidacy from Motherwell as an indication he could prefer Saints. As to whether or not Butcher or McCall take over at Ibrokes and I couldn't care less, I wish whomever takes over the job the very worst of fortune.

What I read was that Butcher withdrew his application because he was upset at the 'interview process' - whatever that means. Also read elsewhere that he wanted Malpass with him and Well didn't. Only Butcher knows why he withdrew.

The odds must favour McCall for the sevco hotseat, no?

In saying that, I think their support would be happy enough with Butcher. Either or is a safe bet, but McCall seems more likely to me.

You would think the two obvious choices for The Rangers would be McCall or Butcher. Although, one of my mates were working at ibrox today and he said the Dennis Wise was there all day.

I went down to stick a few quid on it just incase expecting the odds to be huge but he's 6/1 and third favourite.

You would think the two obvious choices for The Rangers would be McCall or Butcher. Although, one of my mates were working at ibrox today and he said the Dennis Wise was there all day.

I went down to stick a few quid on it just incase expecting the odds to be huge but he's 6/1 and third favourite.

Wise used to be director of football at Newcastle was he not. So that's probably the link.

Who are we going to go for though?

Top Cat: quite an interesting stat that about the lack of experienced top flight managers going back to Davie Hay. Although Tony Fitz did have some experience.

What I have found particularly interesting is that there appears to be lines drawn between the senior players, especially from what was said on the extensive BBC piece earlier in the week.

Goody appears to be out of the frame entirely. For all his failings he always comes across as a leader, if not always by example.

Gary was certainly talked up in terms of coaching ability at the time of TC's appointment and hopefully does a very good job, but will it mean an end of playing commitments?

It was interesting to hear Thommo's comments though. He left things open as to whether he would take the job now. He did however day he was right behind Gary but the two interviews with both stating they either want or couldn't turn the opportunity down in quick succession was interesting to hear.

Is there a split in the dressing room?

I hope Gary and David do a great job in the meantime...

TBH Teale was already stated as being a low appearance option as a player this season so it won't really make much difference ,however we need to get a new manager and clear out the old baggage and start afresh in my opinion........ which rules out the aforementioned players currently at the club ...end of!

Who are we going to go for though?

Top Cat: quite an interesting stat that about the lack of experienced top flight managers going back to Davie Hay. Although Tony Fitz did have some experience.

What I have found particularly interesting is that there appears to be lines drawn between the senior players, especially from what was said on the extensive BBC piece earlier in the week.

Goody appears to be out of the frame entirely. For all his failings he always comes across as a leader, if not always by example.

Gary was certainly talked up in terms of coaching ability at the time of TC's appointment and hopefully does a very good job, but will it mean an end of playing commitments?

It was interesting to hear Thommo's comments though. He left things open as to whether he would take the job now. He did however day he was right behind Gary but the two interviews with both stating they either want or couldn't turn the opportunity down in quick succession was interesting to hear.

Is there a split in the dressing room?

I hope Gary and David do a great job in the meantime...

A dressing room split is a real possibility if GT gets the permanent appointment.

It would only be natural if Thommo (and Goodwin) harbored a bit of resentment and (being 2 of our key players for the rest of the season) it would be less than surprising if that affected their performances on the pitch.

We can't afford to have any player not playing to his full potential in view of the desperate situation we are in at present.

SG and the BoD will have to give this issue very careful consideration.

I've heard this evening that it's going to be Barry Smith. That came from someone that knows him.

Not inspired.

Not buying that. I reckon the BoD will know better than to appoint without some form of structured recruitment process. Once bitten.

Then again....