Next St Mirren Manager

Not buying that. I reckon the BoD will know better than to appoint without some form of structured recruitment process. Once bitten.

Then again....

Totally agree.

I'm not 100% for believing it, but it came from my cousin who grew up with him in Hunterhill and I've had a few beers in Barry Smith's company through my cousin...so there is a bit of a link.

Like I say, hope it's not true.

Teale says on TV he's in a good position to get some results and push for getting the gig permanently. Thompson says if offered the manager's job he'd find it hard to refuse. Goodwin isn't saying anything on TV, he's just been relieved of his assistant manager/coaching role.

Our three most senior figures, embroiled in the managerial clusterfcuk, and none of them contributing much on-field either, due to injury or flying elbows.

The more I think about it, the more I think we need an outsider coming in, one who wouldn't stand for any shite, or have any favourites, or be part of any dressing room cliques. If Teale got the hump, so be it. If Thompson got the hump, so be it. Far too incestuous for my liking.

Maybe the likes of a Terry Butcher type would kick some arses.

Edited by pozbaird

Totally agree.

I'm not 100% for believing it, but it came from my cousin who grew up with him in Hunterhill and I've had a few beers in Barry Smith's company through my cousin...so there is a bit of a link.

Like I say, hope it's not true.

Doubt it bud, can't see him getting it.

Hopefully no truth in it.

Doubt it bud, can't see him getting it.

Hopefully no truth in it.

The same, hope it's not true. Dunno if I can handle another 'wet blanket' appointment!

However, if it is the case, maybe the board have looked upon the season where he galvanised Dundee post administration and went on that ridiculous run....

Teale says on TV he's in a good position to get some results and push for getting the gig permanently. Thompson says if offered the manager's job he'd find it hard to refuse. Goodwin isn't saying anything on TV, he's just been relieved of his assistant manager/coaching role.

Our three most senior figures, embroiled in the managerial clusterfcuk, and none of them contributing much on-field either, due to injury or flying elbows.

The more I think about it, the more I think we need an outsider coming in, one who wouldn't stand for any shite, or have any favourites, or be part of any dressing room cliques. If Teale got the hump, so be it. If Thompson got the hump, so be it. Far too incestuous for my liking.

Absolutely spot on.

Find it hard to believe that with SG on holiday that they would be anywhere near making an appointment yet, especially before GT and DL have had any matches in charge. It sounded like they would maybe wait for a week and see what applications came in and then shortlist a few and begin speaking with with people then.

Find it hard to believe that with SG on holiday that they would be anywhere near making an appointment yet, especially before GT and DL have had any matches in charge. It sounded like they would maybe wait for a week and see what applications came in and then shortlist a few and begin speaking with with people then.

Well, one would assume so, but....

absolutely this, we need to stop the nonsense that has seen us end up where we are, there will be more splits in our dressing room than they have at frankie and bennys, the current set up has a clique at it's base and it needs cleared out, mr gilmour will have noticed it and thats possibly why he said we need an experienced wheeler dealer, i do not expect gary teale and david longwell to be given the job

I was...................then I left the forum. :wink:

Things get worse and worser.

First Poz comes back.

Next Drew comes back.

And to top it off faraway comes back.

Seriously chaps, welcome back.

Once I sober up I'll regret all all this sentimental crap.

Things get worse and worser.

First Poz comes back.

Next Drew comes back.

And to top it off faraway comes back.

Seriously chaps, welcome back.

Once I sober up I'll regret all all this sentimental crap.

Bad things come in threes whistling.gif