Next St Mirren Manager

If the board do not act quickly and allow whoever the chance to assess the playing staff before jan then it's going to be a desperate shift. In all likelihood it will be hard to move anyone on given how poor they are and it is looking very much like relegation. In many ways we will probably feel less pain as we have been absolutely horrific since Hamilton at home. This has allowed the fans to gradually accept we're shite and were most likely going down. It is a huge shame that a club with our facilities and our set up will be playing teams next year in front of poor gates and with a youth team. Our only hope is act now before Christmas and save the season by appointing a motivator a proven manager who can bail us out of this sorry mess. For me Fullerton is a no as he has never managed and I feel this is crucial now. Different had they went down that route in the summer but now is a time for an older manager who has contacts and can fire up a rudderless ship that is stmirren

I tend to agree Teale should be given a chance. The argument that because he's not long qualified as a coach must mean he can't be any good doesn't hold water for me. I have been coached and coached at various levels in football and other sports and some of the best I have seen had zero formal qualifications. Of course experience is valuable, but you don't need to be old to be wise and nouse and enthusiasm count too. He could be a natural coach and there's no doubt about his playing credentials. I'd be more concerned about the change in relationship from team mate to manager but hardly a deal breaker. At the end of the day the real problem we have is the general weakness of the squad which I can't see being sufficiently strengthened in January.

I tend to agree Teale should be given a chance. The argument that because he's not long qualified as a coach must mean he can't be any good doesn't hold water for me. I have been coached and coached at various levels in football and other sports and some of the best I have seen had zero formal qualifications. Of course experience is valuable, but you don't need to be old to be wise and nouse and enthusiasm count too. He could be a natural coach and there's no doubt about his playing credentials. I'd be more concerned about the change in relationship from team mate to manager but hardly a deal breaker. At the end of the day the real problem we have is the general weakness of the squad which I can't see being sufficiently strengthened in January.

I don't honestly care if he can coach or not, I'm more worried about organisation and putting together tactics and a formation that utilises the players we have at our disposal. Tommy Craig "could coach", but he was shown up long before coming to us as someone who couldn't manage. Teale should earn his stripes or jump straight in lower down the leagues, we should be neither a nursery or testing ground.

I hope we don't appoint Fullarton especially after all the negative comments made by the Bolton players.

I hope we don't appoint him because of what he did back in 1996. He and his agent took advantage of the early days of Bosman to bugger off to France and ensure St Mirren didn't get a penny for his development. The club were totally skint at the time and that was a real kick in the bass.

Terrible. A player looking after himself. Never been heard of.

I'm all for workers looking after themselves but what Fullarton and advisers did was cynical and calculated. Clubs in England wanted to sign him but they would have had to pay a fee decided by tribunal, no such rules were in place for moves out with the UK. Surprise surprise after 1 year in France it was over to England with pockets suitably filled.

I'm all for workers looking after themselves but what Fullarton and advisers did was cynical and calculated. Clubs in England wanted to sign him but they would have had to pay a fee decided by tribunal, no such rules were in place for moves out with the UK. Surprise surprise after 1 year in France it was over to England with pockets suitably filled.

Like it or not the rules were in place for him to play the system so he could probably get a bigger signing on fee. Would not hold that against him. Certainly not my choice as manager. Teale has more experience than him on a football level.

Like it or not the rules were in place for him to play the system so he could probably get a bigger signing on fee. Would not hold that against him. Certainly not my choice as manager. Teale has more experience than him on a football level.

Stewart Gilmour was on the board when Fullarton left the club, so I am surprised he is even considering entertaining him.

Fullarton has never managed a team and has no experience of the "wheeling & dealing" SG said would be necessary. I, for one, would have no gripes at his move to France just don't see anything in his CV (wiki page) to convince me he's the man for the job.

I notice Billy Stark has said that the Saints job is "a good job in Scottish football", a sensible comment but my preference is still for an up&comer like Murray or Steve Aitken.

Will board announce a short list ?? I hope so but doubt it

Finding it quite funny not many fans can't work out that Gary Teale will be given a few games to prove himself. Why I hear you ask ? TG was not in the budget for a pay off. We as a club work very close to certain margins. We don't have the luxury of extra cash floating around. Home games have been down by around £60,000 the past few weeks. This is why Teale will be given time to prove himself and rightly so. Interviews will take place as a back up should Teale not prove himself over the next few games

Finding it quite funny not many fans can't work out that Gary Teale will be given a few games to prove himself. Why I hear you ask ? TG was not in the budget for a pay off. We as a club work very close to certain margins. We don't have the luxury of extra cash floating around. Home games have been down by around £60,000 the past few weeks. This is why Teale will be given time to prove himself and rightly so. Interviews will take place as a back up should Teale not prove himself over the next few games

Danny was let go, so they bumped up next in line, Tommy Craig. Tommy Craig was let go, so they bump up next in line, Gary Teale. I really hope Teale is a big success, cos' at this rate, Paisley Panda is getting the gig in ten years time.

Hmm....Is he a wheeler dealer, I wonder?

One things for sure he must have a lot of contacts with young players when you look at his Wikipedia page.

Set up his own youth academy in Spain. Where a number have graduated to play professional in England and Spain.

Youth team coach at Bristol Rovers and Bolton.

Certainly worthy of consideration I would think.

Edited by Kendo

Danny was let go, so they bumped up next in line, Tommy Craig. Tommy Craig was let go, so they bump up next in line, Gary Teale. I really hope Teale is a big success, cos' at this rate, Paisley Panda is getting the gig in ten years time.

Hod the bus, you need to give the Panda a chance, you just can't start slagging him off without letting him get a run of games.

The decks are cleared for an Englishman who knows how to wheel & deal and get the best out of southern softies.....

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\sl480\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs32 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \

}

Ah well, at least that makes more sense than your posts on the Hibs CiC threadwhistling.gif

Edited by Drew

I think everyone knows that is the most likely scenario, the problem is that by then (a few games followed by interviews) we'll be well (sic) into January and there'll be little time for any new manager to come in and wheel & deal which after all was SG brief for the new manager. We may have been better off saying Teale had the gig till the end of the season

The fact that the January transfer window is going to be absolutely vital for us, I'd think that Teale will get the Motherwell game at best. However, I honestly believe that Teale doesn't have a hope in hell of getting the job. I know any appointment is a risk, but GT is too big a risk. The BOD would get crucified if they promoted from within again and it went tits up.

Any new manager is going to need the remainder of Dec to assess the squad and then get a mini rebuilding job underway in Jan.

I think the following will be the guidlines to selecting our new boss:

1. Someone with experience of having been there and done that.

2. Someone from outwith the club (new face with fresh ideas)

3. Someone who is not going to cost a fortune in wages.

4. Someone with plenty contacts

5. Someone who isn't going to cost any compo.

Kind of narrows it down to.

Terry Butcher

Jimmy Calderwood

With an outside chance for:

Stuart McCall

Kenny Shiels

Billy Stark

Steve Lomas