Next St Mirren Manager

I don't think it was a case of wanting him out.

I feel it was more a case of you have signed over a dozen diddy players wasted 10s of thousands if not more the board supported him as much as it could, Then he ran out of ideas and I think most of us felt he had done all he could do.

Regardless of the cup win I think he would be thought of in a good way due to the way he carried himself.

But given the board gave TC the gig without interviewing anyone we will never know who could have been brought in to replace DL..

But hopefully we will find out soon enough.

Most people I know thought Danny's time was up, but, equally, feel that the manner in which he was treated at the end was very shabby.

That, and the woeful TC months that followed, resulted in some looking back more fondly on Danny's tenure than they might otherwise have done.

Most people I know thought Danny's time was up, but, equally, feel that the manner in which he was treated at the end was very shabby.

That, and the woeful TC months that followed, resulted in some looking back more fondly on Danny's tenure than they might otherwise have done.

Looking at the state we're in right now do you still think his time was up? It was quite obvious at the time that the BOD weren't going to go out and spend money on a good manager and was likely they'd promote from within. I couldn't understand why we didn't give DL a new contract at the time and still can't other than it being a cost cutting exercise

Danny Lennon should still be our manager he won us cups and kept us in the League it's that simple!... with our Board cutting our budget every season what do Saints fans expect?

Yes last season Lennon made some bad signings! But this season Tommy Craigs have been worse our league position is worse!

I don't really expect St.Mirren to make top 6 untill investment comes along untill were bought or I win the Euro millions! What I do expect is the team to go out and compete under Lennon they did...

I still find it hard to believe we could have kept Lennon on a 12 month rolling contract! Instead of Giving his assistant with a poor managerial record a 2 year contract?

Lennon would have had us in a better position by now and even if he needed sacked would have been cheaper than paying of Craig!!!

I agree Drew, though had we known the option, most would have kept Danny and fired Craig.

Chico says Butcher has applied, is on a shortlist of 3.

And "is in the minds of the BOD"

Going by the performance of all our young guys today , I think Butcher will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of trying to avoid the drop. We have far more going for us than Hibs did last season at this stage ! I'd go as far as to say , if we get he appointment right , we'll stay up !

Ive heard talk of this so called "shortlist of 3"

Really ? What the f**k do Warwick Davies , Jimmy Krankie & R2D2 know about football management ?

Unfair. Wee Jimmy Krankie took over from Tommy Craig at Charleroi and won a few games before resigning to appear in Aladdin at the Kings.

Gary Teale for me.

Gary Teale for me.

Sounds as if we were very unlucky today but more important it also sounds as though the team rolled up the sleeves today. Add the fact Teale has been contacting former clubs for talent on loan then he must be in with a shout.

Think Butcher and Teale would make a good team.

Teale isn't the man for me.

Gets 100% from the players but he's made too many mistakes in his two games so far to get the gig permanently. I'd be happy for him to remain player-coach, though, provided we get someone more experienced in.

Edited by Murray7

Teale isn't the man for me.

Get's 100% from the players but he's made too many mistakes in his two games so far to get the gig permanently. I'd be happy for him to remain player-coach, though, provided we get someone more experienced in.

What mistakes has he made in his two games in charge?

Terry Butcher or Gary Locke would be my choice for the job. Big Tell done a fantastic job re building the current ICT team when they were relegated. Gary Locke is a young manager who was given a raw deal after galvanising a young Hearts team last season. He has a point to prove if given another managers gig.

Either of these guys would be terrific appointments imo.