Next St Mirren Manager

Imagine the meltdown on here if this completely unknown, untested, and inexperienced guy gets the gig.

If you reckon my Nacho Novo posts were OTT, just wait till I'm unleashed on this, should it come to pass.

In your first line i think you may have outlined the three key criteria the Bod deploy when selecting suitable candidates for this vacancy

Imagine the meltdown on here if this completely unknown, untested, and inexperienced guy gets the gig.

If you reckon my Nacho Novo posts were OTT, just wait till I'm unleashed on this, should it come to pass.

If this is worse and likely to send you over the edge perhaps they should just give the job to Nacho Novo. :whistle

Daily Express reporting that he's held talks with the board. Must be something in this, the Express are usually pretty accurate with Saints stories if I recall correctly.

The person behind it has since tweeted this, which adds a new dimension to things:

RE: Today's @ScotExpress story. David Thompson has held managerial talks with an English-group trying to buy @saintmirrenfc. #buddies

Are we sure he's not odds on to buy the club?

No managerial experience whatsoever? How very strange, indeed....

The person behind it has since tweeted this, which adds a new dimension to things:

RE: Today's @ScotExpress story. David Thompson has held managerial talks with an English-group trying to buy @saintmirrenfc. #buddies

Hmm....

Such a left field development was always likely to be related to yet another party interested in buying the club.

Does any know the provinance of this Scott Burns fellow?

ETA: he's the Express journo. The plot thickens....

Edited by Drew

SG being on holiday in South Africa may be the strongest indicator yet that we are not likely to appoint a new manager any time soon. In fact judging by the style of football and the effort and commitment shown by the team, it could be argued that GT deserves this chance to show what he can do. 2 or three good results over the next couple of weeks then his hat is well and truly in the ring.

SG being on holiday in South Africa may be the strongest indicator yet that we are not likely to appoint a new manager any time soon. In fact judging by the style of football and the effort and commitment shown by the team, it could be argued that GT deserves this chance to show what he can do. 2 or three good results over the next couple of weeks then his hat is well and truly in the ring.

In his interview on Radio Scotland, on the day TC was sacked, SG said that he would be just as involved as he would be if he was still in Paisley using Skype, Facetime, phones, texts and e-mail. The transfer window opens in around a week so hopefully they'll make a decision, one way or the other, over the next week to 10 days.

Or if not a boot in the ring.

I asked Scott Burns on Twitter if there was anything else to add on the story. He replied thus....

Not really, though I expect major developments early inthe New Year

Interesting....

ETA: further tweets indicating that he is confident of concrete developments this time.

Edited by Drew

Why is SG spending six weeks in South Africa at a time like this?...

1. He's had it planned for ages and has a life outside St Mirren?

2. It's fcuking wet, cold, and miserable here in winter?

3. He has family there?

4. He is using his British Airways air miles before they run out?

5. He's found a cheap printer in Cape Town to update the HoF boards?

6. Our new manager is Desmond Tutu?

Need Taggart to solve this mystery.

Edited by pozbaird

Why is SG spending six weeks in South Africa at a time like this?...

1. He's had it planned for ages and has a life outside St Mirren?

2. It's fcuking wet, cold, and miserable here in winter?

3. He has family there?

4. He is using his British Airways air miles before they run out?

5. He's found a cheap printer in Cape Town to update the HoF boards?

6. Our new manager is Desmond Tutu?

Need Taggart to solve this mystery.

7. He hates turkey and prefers springbok with his Brussel sprouts?