Next St Mirren Manager

Why is SG spending six weeks in South Africa at a time like this?...

1. He's had it planned for ages and has a life outside St Mirren?

2. It's fcuking wet, cold, and miserable here in winter?

3. He has family there?

4. He is using his British Airways air miles before they run out?

5. He's found a cheap printer in Cape Town to update the HoF boards?

6. Our new manager is Desmond Tutu?

Need Taggart to solve this mystery.

I wish he feckin would, cos this thread is murder.

This is St Mirren remember. Expect the unexpected. I'd be happy with Butcher, Murray, or Locke. All outsiders hopefully immune to any existing dressing room clique/influence/however you put it. Two are young still up and coming guys - who do however have managerial experience, and Butcher strikes me as an experienced guy with a point to prove after the sour experience of Hibs.

So, they're the front runners?... the BoD will probably appoint Ian Durrant or someone then.

This is St Mirren remember. Expect the unexpected. I'd be happy with Butcher, Murray, or Locke. All outsiders hopefully immune to any existing dressing room clique/influence/however you put it. Two are young still up and coming guys - who do however have managerial experience, and Butcher strikes me as an experienced guy with a point to prove after the sour experience of Hibs.

So, they're the front runners?... the BoD will probably appoint Ian Durrant or someone then.

Ian Durrant the Bez of Sevco

I agree that Locke is a decent shout, but folk need to remember that he wasn't - latterly at least - under any significant pressure at Hearts. They had been written off on account of the points deduction, signing embargo and the fact that 90% of his 1st team were kids. Add to that the support he received from the stands from the Jambos who had written survival off and were simply going along to unconditionally support their club in the face of adversity.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be unhappy if he got the gig, but I think there is a danger in talking him up too much.

I agree that Locke is a decent shout, but folk need to remember that he wasn't - latterly at least - under any significant pressure at Hearts. They had been written off on account of the points deduction, signing embargo and the fact that 90% of his 1st team were kids. Add to that the support he received from the stands from the Jambos who had written survival off and were simply going along to unconditionally support their club in the face of adversity.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be unhappy if he got the gig, but I think there is a danger in talking him up too much.

I was a great admirer of Locke and the job he did at Hearts... not just in an Ally galvanising sort of way... but tactically too. They had a great shape and discipline.

That said... I'm not sure there more of a diference between him and Teale other than several months experience... ..

What kind of danger?

Danger in expecting too much based on his time at Hearts.

Perhaps danger is not the best way of putting it, but it does seem to me that a few folk are placing a great deal of store by how he led a team in what were quite exceptional circumstances, and very different from what he'd encounter at St Mirren in our current predicament.

I was a great admirer of Locke and the job he did at Hearts... not just in an Ally galvanising sort of way... but tactically too. They had a great shape and discipline.

That said... I'm not sure there more of a diference between him and Teale other than several months experience... ..

Read some of the comments Hearts fans posted about Locke when they were losing every week last season.

Indeed Billy Brown had a meltdown on national radio after Michael Stewart had said they were a poorly coached side.

They only started performing when they were already relegated and their games became meaningless.

Great job? Most Hearts fans wanted him sacked for nearly all of last season, including at the end. Could show you the thread on JKB if you so desire.