Next St Mirren Manager

It's certainly not all GT's fault. However not sure he's the answer to our current plight.

I'd have expected us to put a bit more pressure on Kilmarnock yesterday.

I'm not sure GT is the answer either, but who is? The likes of Terry Butcher have been good at some clubs, but shite at others. Who knows? I still think Teale & Longwell deserve some more games. With ten men we certainly played very well against Motherwell, and played well in winning at Dundee. The Killie game wasn't so good and Celtic was always going to be a tough task.

Too early to say if he's got what it takes. Hartley, who was the golden boy, is now getting some stick at Dundee. Barraclough wins his first two then sees Hamilton hammer Motherwell 5-zip.

Mourinho would struggle with some of the shite signed by the auld fud, never mind Teale - who we also miss as a player to give us some width and creativity.

Edited by pozbaird

I think we need new leadership , Teale and Longwell are welcome to stay and assist , we need five or six new signings to give us something that resembles a squad , then we need to get fired up for the rest of the season , theres still loads to play for ad Ross County and Motherwell are as equally shit as what we are .

I struggle to see a way out of.it. The squad is poor and we treat winning v dundee like it's a massive deal. I'm embarrassed by this season. How can we survive? It would take cash and we dont have any so it's realistically game over? Only hope is can we shift all of tommys poor signings and get two good players in? Oh and how many shots did Sammy have to save?

Edited by norrie82

Gary Teale has been unlucky but Kilmarnock are a very poor side and by all accounts Samson hardly had anything to do. Not good enough, time to stop messing about and get an experienced manager in.

Really ? Lets be honest they are better than us or do League positions lie ?

I'm not sure GT is the answer either, but who is? The likes of Terry Butcher have been good at some clubs, but shite at others. Who knows? I still think Teale & Longwell deserve some more games. With ten men we certainly played very well against Motherwell, and played well in winning at Dundee. The Killie game wasn't so good and Celtic was always going to be a tough task.

Too early to say if he's got what it takes. Hartley, who was the golden boy, is now getting some stick at Dundee. Barraclough wins his first two then sees Hamilton hammer Motherwell 5-zip.

Mourinho would struggle with some of the shite signed by the auld fud, never mind Teale - who we also miss as a player to give us some width and creativity.

It's hard to say what GT can do as right now, he has to make sure if he doesn't get the job, he is still going to be accepted back into the dressing room as a player.

What the club needs is for some players to be told they're not going to play again and they need to find another club or in some cases, another line of work. Some of TC's signings barely look like footballers, let alone SPL standard, plus a few are in a comfort zone knowing regardless of how pish they play, they are still starting the next game. The club needs a complete clearout and January is a tough month to try that.

Even if the players are available, who will sign for an interim manager, knowing a new gaffer might not fancy you? So we are once again treading water.

The board need to make their decision quickly to allow us to see if we can move the club in a direction other than down.

It's hard to say what GT can do as right now, he has to make sure if he doesn't get the job, he is still going to be accepted back into the dressing room as a player.

What the club needs is for some players to be told they're not going to play again and they need to find another club or in some cases, another line of work. Some of TC's signings barely look like footballers, let alone SPL standard, plus a few are in a comfort zone knowing regardless of how pish they play, they are still starting the next game. The club needs a complete clearout and January is a tough month to try that.

Even if the players are available, who will sign for an interim manager, knowing a new gaffer might not fancy you? So we are once again treading water.

The board need to make their decision quickly to allow us to see if we can move the club in a direction other than down.

GT has more or less announced his retirement as a player: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-interim-boss-gary-4897015

I reckon GT and DLII need to win in Inverness to be in the running for the job and that the BoD need to conclude the search for a manager this week so that we can wheel and deal in January.

GT has had the team playing better since he took over and few of us expected a miraculous turnaround. It is a results business and if we are to survive this season then we need to be winning against Motherwell and Kilmarnock at home rather than taking 0 points out of 6 and lamenting the refereeing performances. At some point we need to become hard to beat rather than a team who opponents can play badly against and still win easily.

Board have a lot to answer for. They caused this and we are suffering their ridiculous decision making.

I genuinely thought if we had got rid of Craig in October we could have survived this, however, by delaying the decision (as bad a decision as the appointment itself) they have cost our place in the league. I think it will be last place for us, county have more about them.

Gary Theale has probably made millions out of football so the BoD shouldn't be scared to make a tough decision and do what's right for St Mirren. The team is playing better but it seems every team we play can beat us by a single goal. The BoD seems to have gambled on keeping coaches that are familiar wi t h our youth set up but we have lost so many games since 2013 it makes you wonder if we really need to start again with a clear plan on how we want to play.

Lets look on the bright side guys.

Think how exciting season 2020-21 will be watching our title winning team.

No need to wait until 2020 to get excited. Next season for me... I'm creaming my jeans at the thought of us having the second best scoreboard in the division.

Board have a lot to answer for. They caused this and we are suffering their ridiculous decision making.

I genuinely thought if we had got rid of Craig in October we could have survived this, however, by delaying the decision (as bad a decision as the appointment itself) they have cost our place in the league. I think it will be last place for us, county have more about them.

Hard to disagree, this has been a long time in the pot cooking.

It's dismal , we've winged it too long, it's caught up with us.

My fear now is staring at a record low points haul , more anaemic attempts at trying to compete with our strugglers. It's a painful , depressing and unrelenting form of torture now with no light and no tunnel end in sight.

Most frustratingly, it's all the clubs own making

Any new manager will have to perform a miracle to keep us out of the bottom two. For me, the baw's burst after today's defeat.

The current BoD effectively chucked it years ago and this was epitomised by their utterly baffling appointment of Tommy Craig. Their legacy will be a relegation on account of lack of interest, failing to set a realistic price for their shares, and gambling on us scraping by season after season.

Hard to disagree, this has been a long time in the pot cooking.

It's dismal , we've winged it too long, it's caught up with us.

My fear now is staring at a record low points haul , more anaemic attempts at trying to compete with our strugglers. It's a painful , depressing and unrelenting form of torture now with no light and no tunnel end in sight.

Most frustratingly, it's all the clubs own making

For me your last statement is the most bothering....

This hasn't happened as a conscience of an external factor, instead, this was all caused by our board and club! They caused this and have failed to also fix their mistakes....

We put our hard earned money into the club whilst the board half arse the job!

We need a new manager, desperatly

I agree. This is now critical. We are at the 4th January now and we need this sorted. Dithering over a manager is going to be a big problem for us. To be honest i'm not convinced that Teale should get the job, we need someone who has experience I think and that can sort us out very quickly.

This idea of not keeping a clean sheet, not winning games, not even drawing games is killing us. To be honest i'm a bit sick and tired of the aftermatch interviews and the excuses. The truth is we are not good enough in every area of the pitch. I accept we have had some bad luck, the referee in the Kilmarnock game was poor but when I thought about what we actually did in the game, it didn't amount to much, we lost the game against Kilmarnock because Samson didn't get tested at all. It's all getting a bit predictable now. We are looking like a team tumbling towards relegation and if we were all honest about it and asked the question ' Do we deserve anything else ' ? I think most of the supporters would have to answer that question with a NO !!

When we get relegated our record will show that we were the worst team in the league in every area, wins for, number of draws and goals against, these statistics will tell the story !