Next St Mirren Manager

The truth is the run of games we have just been through were the ones that could have turned he season, given that we only managed 3 points and 2 losses at home and 1 away, the games a boagie I'm afraid.

The appointment of TC and the f**king about and time taken to sack him have cost our club....

When I say club I don't mean current team and squad - I mean our future team and squads.... This predicament and potential relegation will harm our teams long term future

What he said

Prob give Teale to end of season as we are pretty much a gonner now so he can plan for the future, however, if there's no sign that he has developed the squad by summer for championship season ahead new manager should be given the summer to build.

This seasons a write aff IMO

I'm coming round to that way of thinking too... yet still holding to a thread of hope/ misplaced belief that we can stay up.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by how Teale has conducted himself and how he has interviewed since his temp appointment... moreso when you consider that Thompson and Goodwin could have huffed but he seems to have them on board.

He has also identified the need for a defender... our first manager to do so in years. A midfielder and striker too.

Given his aspirations, I'd not be averse to giving him till the end of the season and a stab at getting the right players in.

A new manager would surely mean less cash to invest in that defence.

If it doesn't work out, most folks have us down anyway so no harm done... get Mr Experience in for next season as many suggest.

Hibs were sitting mid table this time last year then they began to freefall.

Anything is possible in a season for a turnaround. If you look at Motherwell and Dundees form it isnt much better than ours. We DO still have time to turn this around with the right personell in place.

Anything is possible in a season for a turnaround. If you look at Motherwell and Dundees form it isnt much better than ours. We DO still have time to turn this around with the right personell in place.

The right personnel is something our squad does not contain!

I'm ever the optimist and want to agree... in fact technically I can't disagree.

However... the rot and apathy that has seeped into the boardroom and then gone on to permeate every area of our vlub has had me resigned to relegation from just a few "performances" into the season.

So hard to shake that apathy when you can no longer be bothered being annoyed at those who can no longer be bothered.

Only some teams have their day and ours was in 2013.

But every team has its dark periods and we are about to go through ours - not many fans would argue with this now.

This decline started under Danny Lennon and the continuity was maintained through Tommy Craig's disastrous reign but Gary Teale cannot be held responsible for the situation he finds himself in.

For the last few seasons we have experienced major disruption during the close season due to the off-loading of decent players who were replaced in the main by poorer quality players, most of whom failed to establish themselves in the first team. Lennon and Craig and the BOD are responsible for this state of affairs.

This decline has been overseen by the present BOD - the very same people who are now keeping the fans in the dark and fiddling while Rome burns.

Only some teams have their day and ours was in 2013.

But every team has its dark periods and we are about to go through ours - not many fans would argue with this now.

This decline started under Danny Lennon and the continuity was maintained through Tommy Craig's disastrous reign but Gary Teale cannot be held responsible for the situation he finds himself in.

For the last few seasons we have experienced major disruption during the close season due to the off-loading of decent players who were replaced in the main by poorer quality players, most of whom failed to establish themselves in the first team. Lennon and Craig and the BOD are responsible for this state of affairs.

This decline has been overseen by the present BOD - the very same people who are now keeping the fans in the dark and fiddling while Rome burns.

If the decline started with Danny Lennon, 8th, Cup Win, 8th. I must have missed us peak.

No mistake, this mess is solely down to the Board of Directors and the lunacy in letting Lennon go with the sole intention of promoting Tommy Craig.

I don't even blame Craig. I expected it to be a disaster, was branded a knickerwetter and a keyboard warrior by our chairman, (cheers for that by the way Stewart) for having that opinion. Yet was proved duly correct.

As you say, we are heading into a dark period and this Board are responsible for it.

I'm no doubt in the lunatic minority but I do think we can get out of this, though it will probably require a new manager to come in and shake things up.

This is the weakest league ever and, consequently, any team in it is capable of going on a run. You can also look at the example of Hibs last season of a team getting into a rut at a crucial point in the season, and not being able to get out of it. Dundee are struggling for points just now.

Even if we finish 11th, it's not a foregone conclusion that Rangers will waltz through the play-offs. You wouldn't bet against the comedy show continuing with their failure to get out of the Championship.

Our only saving grace thus far is County are just as bad as us and have already had theur new management team in place for a few months without getting a huge bounce factor with the squad they inherited. The only way i can see County improve is if they strike gold in the January window with a few astute signings. Otherwise I see no reason to think County will cruise away from us. Motherwell are also within reach with a 6 point gap. If I was a Well fan I might take some confidence that they won 2 in a row and one of those was a 6 pointer against us when they were outplayed by 10 men and helped to a lucky win by some terrible refereeing decisions. However, I think if we actually make a decision about a manager this week and give them the freedom to cut our losses and ship out 6 or 7 duds in this window and add 2 experienced bottom 6 SPL standard defenders and an experienced bottom 6 SPL standard striker then I think we lose nothing from no longer having Kello, Plummer, Hughes, Marwood, Caldwell, Wylde and Teale out of the starting XI and sitting on the bench and having 3 guys in their mid-20s - early 30s coming in alongside Thommo. Goodwin, Tesselaar and Osbourne and helping out our pretty reasonable youngsters in the shape of McGinn, McLean, Mallon, McLear, Naismith, Kelly with Drury and Reilly OK options from the bench.

If Teale doesn't get the gig, then I think despite his flaws and despite some worries about what style of football we would play or whether he can develop young players and progres them from the youth team to first team I would be inclined to give it to Terry Butcher - he will have a hunger to bounce back from his humiliation at Hibs and has something to prove. He can motivate and organise teams, and I would expect him to have a few ideas about overhauling our defence, he did OK with Motherwell and very well with ICT at our level and I think he could help make us hard to beat, and he seems to blow hot and cold with winning and losing runs and I'd take a chance that we can't do much more of losing runs in the hope that we hit one of his winning runs where he hardly loses a game in half a season! I can't imagine Butcher would put out a team that was a soft and disorganised defensively as we are now, or that he would roll over and accept some of the refereeing decisions which have affected recent results and reckon we might begin to grind out some results for a change... and I'd rather we got lucky, played a bit cute / dirty, won ugly under Butcher and stayed up than improved performances under Teale but kept the same dodgy defence all season and lost more games while putting up a better show.

Titanic - deck chairs. That is all.

Hard to disagree.

As has been said elsewhere, we either need to appoint Teale this week (just for the sake of making a decision), or bring someone in, but either way, it's feeling slightly moot. Teale said he was lining up transfers in case he got the gig, we might as well roll the dice with him and see what happens.

Depressed as f**k about this, and I don't even get to many games. Pity the poor folk who are close enough to feel compelled to go every week.

Edited by Magic Monkey

If we appoint Butcher we will be relegated, exactly as Inverness and Hibs were. In time he would rebuild a decent team but I'd rather avoid the relegation part.

I'd take a relegation under Butcher if it meant we were to come back up again in a season or two and do well.

The Premiership is shit, anyway.

Also lets not forget the SFA part, Well game joke , Killie Game Joke, McLean sending off joke. Mind u that is what happens. All that a side, how we are 6 points for safety with 1 point out of 30 at home shows what crap is in this league, fact that Hibs can loan to Dundee shows what a crap league this is. I loved our time in Div 1, we won games, our away support was bigger and we constantly beat SPL opposition, we need an overhaul, that's not going to happen with this BOD. I am not enjoying any of this, I was waiting for Caley to score and it happens, as with every home game, we don't give up, in part we play well, but we don't have the savey to win games . BOD please, sell up, move out or things could get a lot worse

Also lets not forget the SFA part, Well game joke , Killie Game Joke, McLean sending off joke. Mind u that is what happens.

It's not worth dwelling on shit refereeing decisions - as you said, it's just what happens, it's just that they feel amplified when you're struggling. If we were playing well, scoring goals and keeping them out, then you'd be able to stomach a bit of bad luck here and there.

To get a new manager and new players we will have to go into serious debt, it may pay off, ie getting a loan based on our end of season pay out, but it would still leave us with debt that could be offset by compensation monies for McGin ,if we go down even more debt, precarious times ahead either way