Next St Mirren Manager

Gary Teale until the end of the season please.

In the time he's been in charge, has he has proved to you he is the best man to keep us up?

If so, how did you come to that conclusion because he certainly hasn't had the reaction from the players I would expect.

We need somebody from outwith the club to come in, who knows none of them and rattle a few cages.

In the time he's been in charge, has he has proved to you he is the best man to keep us up?

If so, how did you come to that conclusion because he certainly hasn't had the reaction from the players I would expect.

We need somebody from outwith the club to come in, who knows none of them and rattle a few cages.

Ahhhh... cunning plan.

Just like Terry Butcher did with Hibs.

Why not indeed. What could go wrong?

The players ARE working for Teale.

Let him bring in his own players and give him to the end of the season.

Less risk and more potential.

Ahhhh... cunning plan.

I would say more risk to go with Teale, as is being proven. 3pts from 15 is relegation form.

I am sorry, but players working harder is not enough. We need to get tactics right and also the team working as a unit, it takes a good manager to do that.

Into the bargain, if the players are working harder for Teale than they were for Craig, then they should be ashamed of themselves.

If we get someone in who has done it before, that is much less of a risk.

ETA.. People seem to forget that Gary Teale was part of the coaching team that wasn't working under TC. Get a real manager in til the end of the season to save our skin. Let Gary be his number 2 and learn from him. Then give him the gig in summer.

Edited by Tony Fitzy

I would give it to Teale til end of the season. The squad is a mess and needs improving. I would happily take a punt on teale getting it right with a few signings than get a new manager in and it means one less signing.

Either way something needs to happen this week.

Can't believe how shite the squad is, Tommy Craig (and those who appointed him need to share the blame) has really done us over this season.

Also, a new manager would need time to assess the squad and time is what we have very little of.

To be fair, any manager that is interested, and looking on from the side lines would probably have assessed the squad pretty quickly and come to the conclusion that it's sadly lacking in certain key areas.

I would say more risk to go with Teale, as is being proven. 3pts from 15 is relegation form.

I am sorry, but players working harder is not enough. We need to get tactics right and also the team working as a unit, it takes a good manager to do that.

Into the bargain, if the players are working harder for Teale than they were for Craig, then they should be ashamed of themselves.

If we get someone in who has done it before, that is much less of a risk.

ETA.. People seem to forget that Gary Teale was part of the coaching team that wasn't working under TC. Get a real manager in til the end of the season to save our skin. Let Gary be his number 2 and learn from him. Then give him the gig in summer.

Oh well... sorry... I didn't think it would be that easy but you seem to know best.

Will the players work harder for Mr Experience than Mr Teale?

Oh... Mr Experience is allowed to bring in his own players you say... unlike Mr Teale if you have your way...

even though Mr Experience will have less time to bring players in or identify our needs.

Yes... Gary WAS a coach... nobody has forgotten. A coach coaches... and follows the managers orders!!!

Or had you forgotten?

Ahhhh... cunning plan.

If Terry Butcher came in and lost every game between now and the end of the season we'd end up what, 9 points down on our current average with GT in charge. What could possibly go wrong? At Hibs, Butcher had concluded Fenlon's squad wasn't up to scratch (and minus Leigh Griffiths it was hard to argue Hibs weren't relegation contenders) and had identified signings to come in in January and told some players they were surplus to requirements and then Petrie ballsed up by getting stingy with contracts and His hardly brought in anyone and Butcher was left with a squad he didn't rate and who knew they had no future at Hibs under him. Butcher's only mistake was telling the old squad they weren't good enough before the expected new signings arrived.If Hibs had stuck with Butcher and allowed him to rebuild I don't think they would be 21 points behind Hearts now.

Oh well... sorry... I didn't think it would be that easy but you seem to know best.

Oh... Mr Experience is allowed to bring in his own players you say... unlike Mr Teale if you have your way...

even though Mr Experience will have less time to bring players in or identify our needs.

Yes... Gary WAS a coach... nobody has forgotten. A coach coaches... and follows the managers orders!!!

Or had you forgotten?

It's not about players working harder, I've no doubt that the players have been giving 100% all season. Unfortunately, the tactics have been poor and certain positions were filled by poor players or not filled at all.

The manager has the final decision of course, but most managers rely on their coaches for ideas and identifying signing targets.

ETA.... I believe Teale's contacts were what led to the signing of that "big donkey" Ball.

Edited by Tony Fitzy

Or had you forgotten?

Agree with you up to a point about the lack of time for an outsider coming in and assessing the squad fairly and deciding who we try and punt and who we try and bring in. However, it's also not really rocket science to see why we are where we are in the league table. You'd hope any experienced manager wouldn't take too long to twig that the only team in Britain since October to have not kept a clean sheet in any competitive match this season might want to strengthen their defence or try switching their defensive personnel or formations rather than persist with the same players most weeks. Only Motherwell have scored less goals than us, and according to Tam Cowan they have the worst scoring record in Britain at the moment. Home form, 1 draw and 11 defeats in 12 league games. Any candidate saying he'd need months to assess a squad with those stats should be deleted from the shortlist straight away.

It's not about players working harder, I've no doubt that the players have been giving 100% all season. Unfortunately, the tactics have been poor and certain positions were filled by poor players or not filled at all.

The manager has the final decision of course, but most managers rely on their coaches for ideas and identifying signing targets.

ETA.... I believe Teale's contacts were what led to the signing of that "big donkey" Ball.

There's a difference between giving 100% and buying into a playing system.

IMO,overall the players are definitely performing better for Teale than for the previous incumbent , but whether the BoD think that's enough to appoint Teale is anyone's guess.

There's a difference between giving 100% and buying into a playing system.

IMO,overall the players are definitely performing better for Teale than for the previous incumbent , but whether the BoD think that's enough to appoint Teale is anyone's guess.

Apparently all Teale was asked to do by the BoD when taking over from TC was to "try and improve things".

If Terry Butcher came in and lost every game between now and the end of the season we'd end up what, 9 points down on our current average with GT in charge. What could possibly go wrong? At Hibs, Butcher had concluded Fenlon's squad wasn't up to scratch (and minus Leigh Griffiths it was hard to argue Hibs weren't relegation contenders) and had identified signings to come in in January and told some players they were surplus to requirements and then Petrie ballsed up by getting stingy with contracts and His hardly brought in anyone and Butcher was left with a squad he didn't rate and who knew they had no future at Hibs under him. Butcher's only mistake was telling the old squad they weren't good enough before the expected new signings arrived.If Hibs had stuck with Butcher and allowed him to rebuild I don't think they would be 21 points behind Hearts now.

And Butchers problem at ICT when he took them from the drop zone to safety... ... before having them relegated?

And that is where any point you may have loses credibility.

Name calling a player doing his best is not on imo.

The lad has potential that he was never allowed to show under Craig.

You are taking the easy option trashing him and have list all credibility now.

And that is where any point you may have loses credibility.

Name calling a player doing his best is not on imo.

The lad has potential that he was never allowed to show under Craig.

You are taking the easy option trashing him and have list all credibility now.

Well I am sorry if I hurt Calum's feelings, but I have every right to have an opinion on his footballing abilities and as far as I am concerned he is a "big donkey". I will continue to class him as that until he proves otherwise, which is highly unlikely by the looks of it.

And Butchers problem at ICT when he took them from the drop zone to safety... ... before having them relegated?

I'd settle for Butcher's ICT record over 5 seasons there! One relegation (on goal difference) in his first 6 months, followed by a promotion season where they hardly lost a game, next season they finished 7th (higher than we ever have in the SPL) and then a few seasons in the top 6 where for some of the time they are as high as 2nd and go on some decent runs where they win more than 2 games at a time.

Well I am sorry if I hurt Calum's feelings, but I have every right to have an opinion on his footballing abilities and as far as I am concerned he is a "big donkey". I will continue to class him as that until he proves otherwise, which is highly unlikely by the looks of it.

Then I shall henceforth treat your posts accordingly. Petty judgemental ill informed shite totally lacking in support of our team.

I'd settle for Butcher's ICT record over 5 seasons there! One relegation (on goal difference) in his first 6 months, followed by a promotion season where they hardly lost a game, next season they finished 7th (higher than we ever have in the SPL) and then a few seasons in the top 6 where for some of the time they are as high as 2nd and go on some decent runs where they win more than 2 games at a time.

But we don't have the 5 seasons... folks want his experience NOW... THIS season. How did THAT pan out and is it impossible Teale could do better in the short term?