Next St Mirren Manager

Anyone coming in now with less than half the season left and only a few weeks of the January window left has a job on their hands. Its debatable whether we can catch a honking Motherwell team only 6 points ahead of us and with the worst scoring record in the UK, we have scored 1 goal more than them and our top striker is out for at least 3 more weeks and misses at least the next 4 games and in the meantime we are starting games without a recognised striker in the starting XI. Partick in 9th and 10 points ahead of us with 2 games in hand look uncatchable on our current form! Dundee and Killie have double our points or more after only half the season, DUFC and Accies have more than triple our points and ABerdeen have quadruple our points.

I think most fans accept we have a fight to even secure 11th and avoid the automatic play off spot. 1 win and 9 defeats in 10 while Ross County have taken something in 5 of their last 10 games (mostly draws) and Motherwell have 3 wins, 1 draw and 6 defeats in their last 10.

Then I shall henceforth treat your posts accordingly. Petty judgemental ill informed shite totally lacking in support of our team.

Judgemental?? So, you don't have an opinion about any of our players?

Ill informed shite?? This I don't understand. You must be watching a different Calum Ball from me.

Lacking in support?? This forum is a place we can air and debate our frustrations with the team. I have never critcised or abused any player within the stadium. The team get my 100% vocal support during matches and that includes Calum Ball among others who are sadly lacking.

Did you watch today's game? The initial "inertia" when he took over has gone. We're back to the same level of drivel TC served us. Both have awful records. I'm not going to argue over percentages for who is the poorest!

Teale's record is poorer statistically than Tommy Craig's. 5 league games played: 80% defeats, 0% draws, 20% wins.

Any potential manager worth his salt would've been watching us this season (especially over the last few weeks) that way when he goes into the interview he could confidently give his vision and outline what he thinks we need.

Applicant: "I think you need a new centre back. Marc..."

Interviewer: "Aherm..."

Applicant: "Sorry, I meant Jim Goodwin just isn't up to the task."

We played well up to Ridgers threw the first goal then the heads went down and their second quickly followed.I have to criticise Gary for waiting too long to bring on Ball.McLean was clearly wasted not playing in his usual midfield role.We did improve when Ball came on and yes he is not the greatest but don't forget it was Gary who recommended him from Derby.I am all for giving kids a chance but in my opinion the boy Morgan is way too soon for this level.In short i want s new msn at the helm with perhaps Gary as assistant.For Gods sake Board get a move on.

Anyone coming in now with less than half the season left and only a few weeks of the January window left has a job on their hands. Its debatable whether we can catch a honking Motherwell team only 6 points ahead of us and with the worst scoring record in the UK, we have scored 1 goal more than them and our top striker is out for at least 3 more weeks and misses at least the next 4 games and in the meantime we are starting games without a recognised striker in the starting XI. Partick in 9th and 10 points ahead of us with 2 games in hand look uncatchable on our current form! Dundee and Killie have double our points or more after only half the season, DUFC and Accies have more than triple our points and ABerdeen have quadruple our points.

I think most fans accept we have a fight to even secure 11th and avoid the automatic play off spot. 1 win and 9 defeats in 10 while Ross County have taken something in 5 of their last 10 games (mostly draws) and Motherwell have 3 wins, 1 draw and 6 defeats in their last 10.

Every single thing you state is applicable to a new incumbent or Teale equally.

Alan Shearer saying on Match of the Day if Newcastle's caretaker manager was getting the job it would have been announced by now. He took charge at the end of December. Teale was appointed weeks before that yet we're still none the wiser as to what's happening.

If they're giving him it - fine. If they're appointing someone else - fine. Whatever the board are planning, please do it in the next few days and give whoever is put in charge the best chance to do some business in the transfer window and keep us up.

Every single thing you state is applicable to a new incumbent or Teale equally.

It was posted in response to your comment about people wanting an experienced manager like Butcher appointed now. I think most fans would settle for 11th and taking a chance on winning the play off and would regard finishing 10th with gratitude, relief and mild disbelief. If Butcher got us relegated coming in while we were sitting 12th and with 1 win and 9 defeats in 10 games I don't think fans would blame him for failing to turn things around and catch up with other teams with 17 games left (assuming we make a decision on who our manager is before the Ross County game - perhaps not a safe assumption to make).

It was posted in response to your comment about people wanting an experienced manager like Butcher appointed now. I think most fans would settle for 11th and taking a chance on winning the play off and would regard finishing 10th with gratitude, relief and mild disbelief. If Butcher got us relegated coming in while we were sitting 12th and with 1 win and 9 defeats in 10 games I don't think fans would blame him for failing to turn things around and catch up with other teams with 17 games left (assuming we make a decision on who our manager is before the Ross County game - perhaps not a safe assumption to make).

That makes no sense whatever.

Butcher took over a team in a relegation position. Got them safe. .. then got them relegated.

Teale can do NO worse!

The silence coming from our BOD is deafening, why not make a statement of intent to the fans and make it clear what the f**k is happening. They have to announce that Teale is given the gig to the end of the season or that someone else is given the job. Make it clear what the plan is because if they don't invest in at least 4 decent signings this coming week then any small chance of survival will be gone.

Why would you want Moore he was a complete failure at Morton ? Aitken I can understand as he has worked wonders at Stranraer and is well respected from within the game. He is a very promising Young manager.

Moore has a decent managerial record.

Just a wee blip doon the road.

That makes no sense whatever.

Butcher took over a team in a relegation position. Got them safe. .. then got them relegated.

Teale can do NO worse!

Eh? Butcher took over at ICT when they were bottom and they got relegated that year. He then had a great 2nd half of the season in the 1st division and they came up at the first time of asking, in his 3rd season they stayed up comfortably and almost made the top 6, finishing 7th, next season they were 9th, then he took them to 4th and when he left for Hibs last November they were 2nd... all on a budget fairly similar to ours.