Next St Mirren Manager

Who'd have believed just 2 years ago that we'd have sacked our Cup winning manager, replaced him with his doddery old assistant, sacked him and would sit managerless 5 weeks on from that half way through a desperately needed transfer window while Hamilton Accies would be 28 points in front of us weighing up 70 applications including a former World Cup Winner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30838261

Crazy and depressing...how the hell did we get here ?

Its also notable that we've all but chucked it when it comes to even idly speculating about who our next manager might be due to the protracted farce that is the sale of the club. For all we know the likes of Gattuso, Hartson and others would have been interested in the Saints job all things being equal (they might even have applied). Now, I'm not talking these guys up, necessarily, but it is indicative of the all consuming malaise that has engulfed the club that we aren't even considering such appointments and their merits or otherwise.

I agree with you, it is indeed a pretty bonkers and, to be blunt, desperately sad, state of affairs. It has been some time since there was such uncertainty surrounding just about every key aspect of the club. It really is the perfect shitstorm!

why not ask the board they are the ones in charge

we are only along for the ride ,

good or bad,

we the fans are not to blame

they are the ones who kept cutting budget until we were left with substandard squad

moved to new stadium ti improve the income off club so we could have BETTER players

hows that going BOD

If there is a way to balls something up our club are the experts. The whole selling of the club and appointing a new manager is a farce. There never seems to be a plan A never mind a Plan B. Serious questions should be addressed. Are we actually selling and do we actually have any contenders to replace Tommy Craig? The only certainty is the uncertainty about the whole club. Yes Gilmour is on holiday at the most crucial period but do the rest of the board not have any comments to make. No news is worrying not good news on this case. Fans are the lifeblood of the club and should be given answers.

Who else would be so complacent with peoples jobs and our premier league safety

Complacent?

Who is being complacent?

How do you know this?

Because nobody has told you what's going on?

Absence of proof of something happening is not proof of absence of something happening.

Be patient and FFS stop spamming the forum with your negativity.

We are ALL concerned. None of us are being told anything.

Edited by oaksoft

Who'd have believed just 2 years ago that we'd have sacked our Cup winning manager, replaced him with his doddery old assistant, sacked him and would sit managerless 5 weeks on from that half way through a desperately needed transfer window while Hamilton Accies would be 28 points in front of us weighing up 70 applications including a former World Cup Winner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30838261

Crazy and depressing...how the hell did we get here ?

and all because they had to drop a division and rebuilt. Not a bad thing for them then.

Worked for ICT, too, and, by the looks of it, Hearts. And Dundee. Thistle seem to be doing ok.

Couldn't see it working for us though.

If we dropped a division we'd cut costs and ultimately budget for not going up. Much more difficult league to win now, there'll still most probably be Hibs there next season and I wouldn't fancy our chances against them QOTS or Falkirk.

Oaksoft your complacent. You still think it's going to be ok. Bring back Danny blah blah. Wake up were being relegated

What?

I am complacent?

That would suggest you thnk that I have some control over the matter and that there's something constructive I can do to change things.

I can't you know.

There's nothing I can do.

Spamming the forum with whiny pish certainly isn't going to help so what do you suggest I do to show I'm not being complacent?

Edited by oaksoft

What?

I am complacent?

That would suggest you thnk that I have some control over the matter and that there's something constructive I can do to change things.

I can't you know.

There's nothing I can do.

Spamming the forum with whiny pish certainly isn't going to help so what do you suggest I do to show I'm not being complacent?

I have it on very dubious authority (ie your own) that you're loaded.

In order to demonstrate that you are not complacent, I suggest you provide SMiSA with an interest free loan to purchase the consortium's shares. We can then secure the future of the club under fan/community ownership.

Arise Sir Oaksoft!

I have it on very dubious authority (ie your own) that you're loaded.

In order to demonstrate that you are not complacent, I suggest you provide SMiSA with an interest free loan to purchase the consortium's shares. We can then secure the future of the club under fan/community ownership.

Arise Sir Oaksoft!

lol.gif

Were they all not in much worse financial states than us at the point of relegation?

Falkirk, Dunfermline and Raith? Maybe. Were any of them relegated just as an unknown bunch of new directors breezed in from overseas who have no alliegiance to the club, and whos intent is unknown? That would be an interesting dynamic for possible fizzy popdom.

Worked for ICT, too, and, by the looks of it, Hearts. And Dundee. Thistle seem to be doing ok.

Its a valid point, but the success stories are when a club pulls together, BOD, Fans and players, when Caley went down on 37 pts, we had one more I think, they knew they would be back, when Dundee came up one a weeks notice, had to deal with a 25 points deduction, the Marr Brothers dodgy dealings it unified them and they appoint a young up coming manager. Ross County unified , Thistle unified . Since promotion from Gus we have fought scrapped and somehow dodged a bullet, no money but nice facilities. If more likely when we go down if we don't have a plan, we could end up like Pars or Ton or even worse Sevco.