Next St Mirren Manager

• 2 weeks later...

Teale is still contracted for another season. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he remains as manager.

if that's the case we will get more of the same. if we change things up we can choose to be hard nosed and appoint someone like Butcher who will build a big strong team every season or we try and develop our own with a progressive management team and modern thinking - the danger of the latter is that there are a ton of bullshitters that talk a good game.

if that's the case we will get more of the same. if we change things up we can choose to be hard nosed and appoint someone like Butcher who will build a big strong team every season or we try and develop our own with a progressive management team and modern thinking - the danger of the latter is that there are a ton of bullshitters that talk a good game.

I think we need someone like Butcher in at the moment. Even if we go down with him at the helm, he at least has some experience of taking a team back up.

Even if we get relegated I still think we'd be a decent attraction to some of the good up and coming managers in Scotland.

We'd still be one of the bigger fish in the First Division, good youth players on the books, own training facilities, newish stadium, good location.

I've got a feeling GT will be the manager no matter what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

As a player

Still has a contract though and I can't see him going back to being a player after spending the majority of the last two seasons on the sidelines. We won't pay him off so he'll almost certainly be manager next season regardless of what happens.

Still has a contract though and I can't see him going back to being a player after spending the majority of the last two seasons on the sidelines. We won't pay him off so he'll almost certainly be manager next season regardless of what happens.

Teale is on record as saying he's fallen out of love with football yet we will continue to be subjected to his managerial charade. Utterly depressing.

Absolutely crucial , that we get the next appointment spot on .

TBH we've been pretty shit at choosing our managers.

Our main failure has been not finding manager who could get, at least, a mid table level of consistency in the top league.

Our last two managerial appointments have been made with one eye on saving money IMO.

I can understand the need for thrift in relation to club finances, but when you look at the amount of money we've frittered away on overly expensive, dud signings, it makes you think that maybe if we'd appointed a "more expensive" manager at the expense of a reduced playing budget, then we might not be in the disastrous situation we're presently facing.

Of course hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I certainly was of the opinion when Lennon was appointed, that, yes he was a decent, promising, young manager, but he wasn't going to break the bank with respect to his salary.

Edited by FTOF

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind seeing Shaun Reid becoming the next manager of St Mirren, he is working wonders on a shoestring budget at Warrington Town FC, always gets his team giving 100%, will have many good contacts too with his brother being former Everton legend Peter Reid.

Compensation wouldn't be that much either, and he is looking to progress in management.

Edited by Second Decay

I wouldn't mind an experienced man who knows the championship, and has a proven track record of building a squad on a limited budget that's capable of challenging next season. If he can restore some of our dented pride from this disaster of a season then that would do for me. Let's get it done.

But would Gus come back?

But would Gus come back?

I sincerely hope not. As you can see the way QOS play now, and the way McIntyre has county playing, the long ball game is pretty dead and we would succumb to fast teams next season. Lets go forward, the BOD said- they wanted a wheeler and dealer- they got a player so that was not even close. They now must get a manager who has shown he can deliver . I will stick with Terry and any more cheap alternatives then we will be League One