Dome Attacked By Neds

Regarding Motherwell. Fair enough. You got me there ya big balloon.

Just goes to show that the majority of people never remember beaten finalists.

Last time Motherwell won a major trophy was 22 years ago. That is so last century for a club that screwed so many creditors by going into administration.

Cheating cnuts. Next time I hope they go bust. They have bent the rules for years regarding their pitch and were never properly penalised.

As for Europe they probably lost even more money. Its usually only once teams get to the group stages that they look to make some money.

So what about Aberdeen? How much money have they squandered chasing shadows? 1995 was the last time they won a cup.

I'd hazard a guess that the once mighty Aberdeen spend at least triple the cost of the dome on their playing budget more than Saints. And what have they got to show for it?

This is a club that resorted to buying second hand urinals from Love Street.

That is the only "silverware" they have got their hands on this century. Pretty sad state of affairs.

Really Slash? You want to out yourself as one of the few football fans who would worry that their team might win too many matches and have to make a loss playing in Europe? From memory again Motherwell have had a number of seasons where they have qualified for Europe. From the last four trips one year resulted in a loss, one ended with a decent profit and the other two ended more or less at break even. I'm not sure there are many Motherwell fans who would swap it for annual relegation battles and an inflatable cover over a seven a side pitch - but I haven't conducted a poll so I suppose I could be proven wrong. rolleyes.gif

As for Aberdeen, well I'm no great admirer and I haven't followed matters there closely. However I do know that the Scotland Under 21 squad contains Ryan Jack, Clark Robertson, Faser Fyvie, and Ryan Fraser all of whom started their careers at Aberdeen. There are no players in the squad who either started out at St Mirren or who currently play at St Mirren. Aberdeen of course is more northern than Paisley and it's ground is practically in the North Sea yet they don't have a vanity dome over a seven a side pitch heavily funded by taxpayers. To my shame I don't know how many consecutive years Aberdeen have enjoyed finishing above St Mirren. Soccerbase doesn't appear to go that far back and I can'r remember it ever happening in my lifetime. Maybe Dons fans would swap their European ventures and greater league successes for the opportunity for fans to provide Aberdeen with a low interest loan to help Stewart Milne boost the value of his assets - I doubt it - but maybe they would

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Really Slash? You want to out yourself as one of the few football fans who would worry that their team might win too many matches and have to make a loss playing in Europe? From memory again Motherwell have had a number of seasons where they have qualified for Europe. From the last four trips one year resulted in a loss, one ended with a decent profit and the other two ended more or less at break even. I'm not sure there are many Motherwell fans who would swap it for annual relegation battles and an inflatable cover over a seven a side pitch - but I haven't conducted a poll so I suppose I could be proven wrong. rolleyes.gif

As for Aberdeen, well I'm no great admirer and I haven't followed matters there closely. However I do know that the Scotland Under 21 squad contains Ryan Jack, Clark Robertson, Faser Fyvie, and Ryan Fraser all of whom started their careers at Aberdeen. There are no players in the squad who either started out at St Mirren or who currently play at St Mirren. Aberdeen of course is more northern than Paisley and it's ground is practically in the North Sea yet they don't have a vanity dome over a seven a side pitch heavily funded by taxpayers. To my shame I don't know how many consecutive years Aberdeen have enjoyed finishing above St Mirren. Soccerbase doesn't appear to go that far back and I can'r remember it ever happening in my lifetime. Maybe Dons fans would swap their European ventures and greater league successes for the opportunity for fans to provide Aberdeen with a low interest loan to help Stewart Milne boost the value of his assets - I doubt it - but maybe they would

I think Aberdeen might be persuaded to trade at least some of those European "Glory Nights" for a League Cup win and f**k all debt.

Guest somner9

Show me the medals!

Lee Mair had to leave the mighty Aberdeen to even get to a Hampden final. In the space of 3 years he has two medals. Let's be honest he won't give a flying one for the runners up medal.

Not a bad return for joining a self confessed wee diddy team with no debt.

Motherwell and Aberdeen fans for all their recent European adventures would gladly swap it all for the chance to WIN a major honour.

The number of visiting fans who visit the Dome would also kill your argument stone dead. Everyone I've spoken to has said this is the way forward for teams in Scotland.

They did ask how we supply the hot air. I gave them your contact details. Hope you don't mind.

Rock On Slash..!

Another major difference that you have alluded to regarding our club and the likes of Well (named so because thats what spouts oot the pitch) and the sheep worriers is.....

WE f**kING WIN THINGS!

Aberdeen last won something in 1995/96 and Motherwell in 1990/91.I'm sure their fans would give up just one of the glorious European trips to get their hands on some silverware.

You're fighting a losing battle here Dicko.:)

Guest somner9

Aberdeen last won something in 1995/96 and Motherwell in 1990/91.I'm sure their fans would give up just one of the glorious European trips to get their hands on some silverware.

You're fighting a losing battle here Dicko.smile.png

He does love to cite the clubs who've been in administration as shinning examples all other clubs should strive to emulate....

pay yir feckin bills ya lanarkshire bastards

• 2 weeks later...