Vs Partick.. How Would You Do It?

GMBB

Why, because I've listed 12 players? whistling.gif

Would need to either be Goodwin or Newton for the holding role.

A 12th man sounds like a great idea. As hard as its been to watch the opening games. Maybe we need to lift ourselves too, and give the Partick fans a reality check.

Their fans I know are getting bit mouthy. I keep telling them they remind me of our Hendrie season; great to watch & plenty of flair but struggled in front of goal, honeymoon period about to end.

My 6yr old son asked me this morning if he had to be a saints fan. It's too hard, and they never seem to win. We live in Glasgow & all his wee mates are OF fans. Hard to convince him that going through to paisley is the right (and fun) thing to do.

Maybe Saturday is the day to dig out the flags we have tucked away from the cup final, get down there and make some noise. Remind the Partick fans who the established SPL team and cup holders are. Maybe give the player (and my son) the lift they need.

Cornell

DVZ McGregor Mair Grainger

Newton

McGowan McGinn

Teale Thompson Harkin

Id like to see a more attacking line up like above with teale and harkins switching wings throughout the game. When we lose the ball it will be more of a 4-5-1 but id like to see thompson with players a lot closer to him and not so isolated.

My 6yr old son asked me this morning if he had to be a saints fan. It's too hard, and they never seem to win. We live in Glasgow & all his wee mates are OF fans. Hard to convince him that going through to paisley is the right (and fun) thing to do.

Maybe after Saturday he'll want to follow the Thistle.

Dilo

RB McGregor

CB Mair

CB Cheesy

LB Grainger

DM Goodwin

DM McGinn

LW Harkins

RW Teale

MF McGowan

FW Thompson

Im a fan of the 4-2-3-1 but not for this match as Thistle will exploit it at will with the space on the left wing for O'Donnell to run onto.

4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2 for this match...

But it is essential we have a left sided midfielder with pace who is prepared to put in a shift defensively.

Im a fan of the 4-2-3-1 but not for this match as Thistle will exploit it at will with the space on the left wing for O'Donnell to run onto.

4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2 for this match...

But it is essential we have a left sided midfielder with pace who is prepared to put in a shift defensively.

It can easily move into a 4-4-2/4-5-1 if we're being over run with Gowzer being just in behind Thommo.

Unfortunately we don't have a pacey left winger. Kenny McLean has potential to be a make shift left winger untill we sort it but he looks like he's just not interested in playing there and quite frankly his work rate is awful at the moment. If we can sort out his desire/work rate then he could do a very decent job there. He certainly has the ability to be effective there.

It can easily move into a 4-4-2/4-5-1 if we're being over run with Gowzer being just in behind Thommo.

Unfortunately we don't have a pacey left winger. Kenny McLean has potential to be a make shift left winger untill we sort it but he looks like he's just not interested in playing there and quite frankly his work rate is awful at the moment. If we can sort out his desire/work rate then he could do a very decent job there. He certainly has the ability to be effective there.

I believe he can... but it's not a case of changing if being overran... we will quite simply be caught out then heads will go down.

I believe he can... but it's not a case of changing if being overran... we will quite simply be caught out then heads will go down.

The heads down thing is unacceptable for me. If they cannot be motivated to over turn a deficit at home then they need to have a long, hard look at themselves. As do the management team.