Stephane Bahoken

Apart from Jon Scullion all our under 20's ( except those in the first team) look light weight . Agree he needs to be loaned but that would leave us short of players.

Bahoken looked worth another try . He has the physique which I'm afraid Adam Campbell also seems to lack albeit his skill may compensate

Very true we are obviously down to the bare bones in regards to the squad. My point is when Reilly is on the park it's like we're a man short! He isn't going to progress any further with coming on for a few minutes every other game and doing nothing. He should be loaned out and let's see if he's good enough in league one, IMO I don't even think he would get a game there.

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of a full substitute bench so why should we not play him? If we're paying him we should play him- i don't see this as another chance to criticise the manager, let's just hope Bahoken is a hit- we'd moan if he didnt play...! And please, someone make a move for Boyd away from Killie!!

Agree that we are short on bodies at the moment so perhaps understandable that he played on Saturday. Maybe he looked sharp in training on Thursday or Friday.

As fans we don't know what goes on behind the scenes and nor do we need to know. The manager and his assistant are paid to make the decisions and we as fans judge them based on results.

If St.Mirren had won on Saturday and Bahoken had been the one who came off the bench to grab the winner we would all be hailing Danny as a genius and Bahoken as our new saviour. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Starting Isma in the cup semi final vs Celtic and even Newton for that matter, who had been hooked after just 45 mins of his debut against Ross County the week previous, were both very brave moves. Had we got humped that day then Danny would have got pelters. As it is they were game changing, and history changing decisions that went in our favour.

As they say, it's a results driven business, if we are getting results nobody gives a shit about team selections or tactics.

He only arrived back in the middle of the week, hadn't played at all for us or trained with us in months, and was a player we were desperate to offload.

So yes, to put him in the park, for me, was a strange decision.

I've only seen Bohaken play a couple of times and of course I'm fully prepared to back him if he's got the strip on, but it is still a strange episode all in all and sums up Danny's recent dealings in the transfer market as far as I am concerned.

Did DL or any other member of the coaching staff ever actually say that we were desperate to offload the guy? I can't remember, so feel free to clarify.

Edited by saint in exile

Did DL or any other member of the coaching staff ever actually say that we were desperate to offload the guy? I can't remember, so feel free to clarify.

Not publically, no.

These are however the facts that are in the public domain;

The player arrived at the end of the August transfer window. Lennon at the time said "He's the one we've been waiting for, but I believe he's been worth the wait. We've identified the right one who'll give us exactly what we need." - Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23895321

The player was immediately put into the first team, on the same day that he signed, he started against Partick Thistle.

He was subbed after 45 minutes.

In the intervening 4 months he has made 1 further start and 3 sub appearances for the club and has scored 0 goals.

He returned to France at some point and went off to train with Bastia in the hope of securing a move there. This was veto'd by the French FA.

I don't think St.Mirren would have let him bugger off back to France if we were not desperate to offload, and nor do I think we would have been desperate to keep "the one we have been waiting for" given that he's started only twice in four months.

That's just my summary of events mind.

This isn't a dig at Bohaken by the way. I believe if he got himself fit and maybe got a few games under his belt he could well turn out to be decent. I've not seen enough of him to judge.

Tobe perfectly honest I thought Isma was very hot and cold when all said and done.

The big man might be the same and has just have started in a cold phase :-)

Not publically, no.

These are however the facts that are in the public domain;

The player arrived at the end of the August transfer window. Lennon at the time said "He's the one we've been waiting for, but I believe he's been worth the wait. We've identified the right one who'll give us exactly what we need." - Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23895321

The player was immediately put into the first team, on the same day that he signed, he started against Partick Thistle.

He was subbed after 45 minutes.

In the intervening 4 months he has made 1 further start and 3 sub appearances for the club and has scored 0 goals.

He returned to France at some point and went off to train with Bastia in the hope of securing a move there. This was veto'd by the French FA.

I don't think St.Mirren would have let him bugger off back to France if we were not desperate to offload, and nor do I think we would have been desperate to keep "the one we have been waiting for" given that he's started only twice in four months.

That's just my summary of events mind.

This isn't a dig at Bohaken by the way. I believe if he got himself fit and maybe got a few games under his belt he could well turn out to be decent. I've not seen enough of him to judge.

Tobe perfectly honest I thought Isma was very hot and cold when all said and done.

Cold phase or hot phase, you'd think he'd be capable of poking a ball home from two yards out having one go with his left, and one with his right in the final minutes at McDiarmid Park.

There was an interview in one of the rags (Daily Retard?) and it was posted somewhere in which Danny talked about giving him a second chance, blah, blah, blah. Reading between the lines, it did read as, "we're het, whether we like it or not!"

The thing is when Isma was hot he was red hot. When Bahohen is cold he is ice cold. Even if he could be tepid it would a start.

"He's the one we've been waiting for, but I believe he's been worth the wait. "This is how DL saw the signing of Bahoken

"Well let's get him introduced to your team then " This is how Seaside Nipper views the current situation.

Get Stephen Thomson some assistance , get some top end options introduced and competition sharpening training.

This debacle has rolled on , yet IMO we have given this bloke next to no chance whatsoever. Must be plenty behind the scenes shenanigans for DL to have completely changed his stance from his comments upon initially securing the signing of the player.

Or, aherm, have we seen this with others I wonder

To be honest if he is looking the part in training I'd be happy to give him a run in the team.

I'd even consider dropping Thompson for a game, just to give him a break.

Big man must be knackered not just playing every week but carrying the whole team on his back too.

Thanks for posting the link, JM1.

So, the problem appears to have been homesickness. It can be bad, it seems for a lot of youngsters.

I like the sound of him, now.... appears to have taken the advice on. Now only hope he can turn on the magic.

If he plays his cards and the fitba right, I could well elevate him into being my Favourite player.

Lucky Stephane. :)

Thanks for posting the link, JM1.

So, the problem appears to have been homesickness. It can be bad, it seems for a lot of youngsters.

I like the sound of him, now.... appears to have taken the advice on. Now only hope he can turn on the magic.

If he plays his cards and the fitba right, I could well elevate him into being my Favourite player.

Lucky Stephane. smile.png

Just as well for him you can't pick him for your fantasy team, he'd be fcuked. wink.png

Stephane Bahoken: I was like a spoilt kid at St Mirren, now I am out to prove I am a man

15 Jan 2014 11:21

THE on-loan French striker is adamant his mentality has changed after wise words from his family and Nice coach Claude Puel.

STEPHANE BAHOKEN says he acted like a spoiled kid first time around at St Mirren.

But after a rollicking from his father in France the striker says his second stint in Paisley can turn him into a man. Bahoken: "My father yelled at me and said I had to become a man. He wants me to prove what I can do on the pitch."

Bahoken has returned to the Buddies on loan from Nice after being sent back to his homeland by boss Danny Lennon in December.

FIFA rules prevented him from playing for a third club in the same season, so Bahoken has been handed a second chance in Paisley.

And the 21-year-old is adamant his mentality has changed after wise words from his family and Nice coach Claude Puel.

Bahoken is determined to prove his doubters wrong and score the goals to take Saints up the Premiership table.

He said: “I was disappointed to be sent back to France, but the first time here I was thinking like a child. I was alone and sad without my family.

“I wasn’t playing games and my mind wasn’t clear. But when I got back to France I realised how lucky I was to have this opportunity here.

“My father yelled at me and said I had to become a man. He wants me to prove what I can do on the pitch.

“He’s told me never to give up. That’s why I’m here.

“I couldn’t go on loan to another club because of the FIFA rules. So the Nice coach told me to come back. He said the Scottish experience would help me grow up.

“When my father and the coach told me the same thing I realised I had been wrong and thankfully the manager here has given me another chance.

“I’ve come back with a different mentality. Maybe I didn’t feel wanted the first time but now I do.

“I have left my family behind but sometimes they’ll come to visit me. I also have Chris Dilo here, another French guy, and he’s helping me.

“It was really hard the first time I came over. I’d been at Nice from the age of 12 and had never travelled so far.

“I didn’t have my family or girlfriend with me so it was difficult. All I could do on my own was sleep or watch TV and sometime call my dad but that was it. It’s easier now – I’m a bit more confident and friendly with the other players, guys like Jason Naismith.

“My team-mates have been amazing with me. Everyone at St Mirren has welcomed me back and I’m really determined to do well for this club.

“I really want to put on that black and white shirt.”

Bahoken has scored goals in France’s top flight for Nice and has previously been part of the French Under-21 squad.

He said: “I have to show my best for this team now. I’m here to get my place back on the pitch and score goals because I didn’t manage it last time.

“My first spell didn’t go well because I played only four games and didn’t score.

“The game here is different to France because you have to run a lot more but I can learn to do that and it will benefit me as a player.

“I know I can do it. I almost scored when I came on against St Johnstone on Saturday.

“I was unlucky but hopefully if the coach calls me to play in the next game I’ll be ready.

“I’m like an animal now, eager to get the ball in the cage.”

FINGERS CROSSED EH?

Edited by Vambo57

Stephane Bahoken: I was like a spoilt kid at St Mirren, now I am out to prove I am a man

15 Jan 2014 11:21

THE on-loan French striker is adamant his mentality has changed after wise words from his family and Nice coach Claude Puel.

STEPHANE BAHOKEN says he acted like a spoiled kid first time around at St Mirren.

But after a rollicking from his father in France the striker says his second stint in Paisley can turn him into a man. Bahoken: "My father yelled at me and said I had to become a man. He wants me to prove what I can do on the pitch."

Bahoken has returned to the Buddies on loan from Nice after being sent back to his homeland by boss Danny Lennon in December.

FIFA rules prevented him from playing for a third club in the same season, so Bahoken has been handed a second chance in Paisley.

And the 21-year-old is adamant his mentality has changed after wise words from his family and Nice coach Claude Puel.

Bahoken is determined to prove his doubters wrong and score the goals to take Saints up the Premiership table.

He said: I was disappointed to be sent back to France, but the first time here I was thinking like a child. I was alone and sad without my family.

I wasnt playing games and my mind wasnt clear. But when I got back to France I realised how lucky I was to have this opportunity here.

My father yelled at me and said I had to become a man. He wants me to prove what I can do on the pitch.

Hes told me never to give up. Thats why Im here.

I couldnt go on loan to another club because of the FIFA rules. So the Nice coach told me to come back. He said the Scottish experience would help me grow up.

When my father and the coach told me the same thing I realised I had been wrong and thankfully the manager here has given me another chance.

Ive come back with a different mentality. Maybe I didnt feel wanted the first time but now I do.

I have left my family behind but sometimes theyll come to visit me. I also have Chris Dilo here, another French guy, and hes helping me.

It was really hard the first time I came over. Id been at Nice from the age of 12 and had never travelled so far.

I didnt have my family or girlfriend with me so it was difficult. All I could do on my own was sleep or watch TV and sometime call my dad but that was it. Its easier now Im a bit more confident and friendly with the other players, guys like Jason Naismith.

My team-mates have been amazing with me. Everyone at St Mirren has welcomed me back and Im really determined to do well for this club.

I really want to put on that black and white shirt.

Bahoken has scored goals in Frances top flight for Nice and has previously been part of the French Under-21 squad.

He said: I have to show my best for this team now. Im here to get my place back on the pitch and score goals because I didnt manage it last time.

My first spell didnt go well because I played only four games and didnt score.

The game here is different to France because you have to run a lot more but I can learn to do that and it will benefit me as a player.

I know I can do it. I almost scored when I came on against St Johnstone on Saturday.

I was unlucky but hopefully if the coach calls me to play in the next game Ill be ready.

Im like an animal now, eager to get the ball in the cage.

FINGERS CROSSED EH?

I think that interview says it all. Let's get behind the guy now, you never know he could turn into a hero, stranger things have happened in football!

Could I get someone else to quote that article in full, please?

He was like a spoilt kid at St Mirren, now He's out to prove he is a man

He said: I was disappointed to be sent back to France, but the first time here I was thinking like a child. I was alone and sad without my family.

I wasnt playing games and my mind wasnt clear. But when I got back to France I realised how lucky I was to have this opportunity here.

My father yelled at me and said I had to become a man. He wants me to prove what I can do on the pitch.

Hes told me never to give up. Thats why Im here.

I couldnt go on loan to another club because of the FIFA rules. So the Nice coach told me to come back. He said the Scottish experience would help me grow up.

When my father and the coach told me the same thing I realised I had been wrong and thankfully the manager here has given me another chance.

Ive come back with a different mentality. Maybe I didnt feel wanted the first time but now I do.

I have left my family behind but sometimes theyll come to visit me. I also have Chris Dilo here, another French guy, and hes helping me.

It was really hard the first time I came over. Id been at Nice from the age of 12 and had never travelled so far.

I didnt have my family or girlfriend with me so it was difficult. All I could do on my own was sleep or watch TV and sometime call my dad but that was it. Its easier now Im a bit more confident and friendly with the other players, guys like Jason Naismith.

My team-mates have been amazing with me. Everyone at St Mirren has welcomed me back and Im really determined to do well for this club.

I really want to put on that black and white shirt.

Bahoken has scored goals in Frances top flight for Nice and has previously been part of the French Under-21 squad.

He said: I have to show my best for this team now. Im here to get my place back on the pitch and score goals because I didnt manage it last time.

My first spell didnt go well because I played only four games and didnt score.

The game here is different to France because you have to run a lot more but I can learn to do that and it will benefit me as a player.

I know I can do it. I almost scored when I came on against St Johnstone on Saturday.

I was unlucky but hopefully if the coach calls me to play in the next game Ill be ready.

Im like an animal now, eager to get the ball in the cage.