Syria - Regime Change, 9/11 Or What

murray street

I understand your point but you say that's true of the "western" world as well

I dont think I have said that it is true of the western world. However I would tend to agree that there have been cases that religion has been used to keep the ordinary man down but that would be a long debate that has heehaw to do with the present crisis in syria.

Guest TPAFKATS

I dont think I have said that it is true of the western world. However I would tend to agree that there have been cases that religion has been used to keep the ordinary man down but that would be a long debate that has heehaw to do with the present crisis in syria.

Apologies Denbud - typo on my part. I meant to type I understand your point but the same could be said of the "western" world as well

Look at the state of Egypt, Libya after the Arab spring not to mention Iraq. The west was behind the ousting of what was deemed Dictatorship regimes, however Mubarak, Gaddafi and Hussein kept the lid on their respective countries as did Tito with the former Yugoslavia. Syria has a large Christian and Jewish population, if Assad goes then the ethnic cleansing begins I believe. Let the Syrians deal with it and we (The UK and co) keep out.

We could sign an international treaty with every other nation to stop selling chemical weapons to other countries in the first place.

That's the only way we, as a nation, can sleep easily at night.

Selling the weapons and then getting involved because you don't like how they use them is hypocrisy and cowardice in equal measure.

We have to stop trying to deal with symptoms and identify and fix the cause of these problems.

Better surely to sign a treaty not to make the f*cking things?