Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

We all need to stick behind the players and gaffer for Saturdays game!! Must win! And they need us supporting them not booing!

Another performance like the ones we have been getting recently, no need for booing as SG will see the support walking very early.

Danny lennon will always be the manager who got saint mirren their first league cup! He is a legend but he has to start to get his head around the fact we need new players...and fast. I think if we had had an extra striker in tonights game it would have made a huge difference. Steven thompson is not getting younger and although he is a god, no one is supporting him. The only way danny will not get the sack is too bring in much needed players. At the kilmarnock game two weeks ago we played well so clearly we are not keeping our form. For the next couple if days we need to give the team ( especially DL ) a bit of confidence and support. Hopefully we can turn this around! COYS!

Danny lennon will always be the manager who got saint mirren their first league cup! He is a legend but he has to start to get his head around the fact we need new players...and fast. I think if we had had an extra striker in tonights game it would have made a huge difference. Steven thompson is not getting younger and although he is a god, no one is supporting him. The only way danny will not get the sack is too bring in much needed players. At the kilmarnock game two weeks ago we played well so clearly we are not keeping our form. For the next couple if days we need to give the team ( especially DL ) a bit of confidence and support. Hopefully we can turn this around! COYS!

What f'kin form. bangin.gif

I think if we lose on Saturday Danny should be sacked. He is grossly underperforming in his job and his league record is quite frankly an utter embarrassment. If things continue as they are Hearts could overtake us by the end of September which is unacceptable given their starting point!

However, I don't think the board have the bottle to sack him and will give him until xmas (which they will regret as by then there is a fair chance we will be marooned at the bottom of the league).

My mind is made up. Sorry Danny, thanks for the League Cup win, thanks for playing some nice football for a while and making me proud of my team, but there have been far too many constant disappointments.

Firstly, I'm not a Lennon fan and, to be honest, if he left I wouldn't really care, however, something stinks here.

If you're Lennon then you must be able to see the deficiencies in the squad and with money to spend why wouldn't you spend it? If he hasn't been able to identify players that would improve this squad then he probably should go. If, however, he has given targets to Caldwell and they haven't been secured then the BOD need to come out and say so to takenthe heat off the man.

The only other option I can think of is that there is no money and he's working with one hand behind his back and is too nice a guy to call the BOD out?

Not sure what the truth of it is but we've got a squad bereft of quality and confidence at the moment and if he is to get the sack then I'd like to know the truth of it and the only man that's likely to give me that is Gilmour.

If there's nothing coming out of the club before Saturday and we lose to the Jags then there's no way back IMO.

I herd a rumour 2days ago Danny Lennon had lost the dressing room. I am not a Danny basher far from it and was hoping it was not true. After tonight I think its time for Danny to go. I think he has lost the dressing room. The only problem is there is only a week left of the transfer window so the only way to sack him is if someone at the club takes over and even then 7days to find 2strikers sign them and CB. I would also sack Paul mathers for recommending Cornell. I dont want calderwood,Sheilds, as manager. Who does that leave?.

If this rumour is true, then Danny really has lost the plot. I mean, the dressing room is quite big and he'll have been in it almost every working day, so to lose it, well that truly is incompetent.

19th July Danny said,

“As coaches, we sat down at the end of the season and went through everything with a fine toothcomb."
“We worked out what changes have to be made and will be looking to implement them this season.”

We had 3 home Scottish Cup ties one v Celtic which we wouldn’t have budgeted for
We had 2 home League Cup ties + League Cup Semi gate/TV Money + League Cup Final gate/TV money + winners prize money not budgeted for.
Loan players left as expected so you’d hope knowing that there would have been some plan on how to fill those gaps.
We lose a shocking amount of Pre-season goals
..and still despite that we start the season with barely 11 players with any experience concede 7 goals in 3 games, finally manage to score 1 against 10 men and then go out the cup at the first hurdle to part timers.

“Gone through everything with a fine toothcomb” …My God REALLY!
Just words and I’d seriously expect my employer to have said “Enough...I’m sorry you just aren’t up to this,” if my performance was as poor.

19th July Danny said,

We had 3 home Scottish Cup ties one v Celtic which we wouldn’t have budgeted for

We had 2 home League Cup ties + League Cup Semi gate/TV Money + League Cup Final gate/TV money + winners prize money not budgeted for.

Loan players left as expected so you’d hope knowing that there would have been some plan on how to fill those gaps.

We lose a shocking amount of Pre-season goals

..and still despite that we start the season with barely 11 players with any experience concede 7 goals in 3 games, finally manage to score 1 against 10 men and then go out the cup at the first hurdle to part timers.

“Gone through everything with a fine toothcomb” …My God REALLY!

Just words and I’d seriously expect my employer to have said “Enough...I’m sorry you just aren’t up to this,” if my performance was as poor.

All that income that was never budgeted for. How much did he see this season?

I herd a rumour 2days ago Danny Lennon had lost the dressing room. I am not a Danny basher far from it and was hoping it was not true. After tonight I think its time for Danny to go. I think he has lost the dressing room. The only problem is there is only a week left of the transfer window so the only way to sack him is if someone at the club takes over and even then 7days to find 2strikers sign them and CB. I would also sack Paul mathers for recommending Cornell. I dont want calderwood,Sheilds, as manager. Who does that leave?.

Sack Mathers? Lot of nonsense. Cornell actually saved us from losing in the 90 mins. Can't blame the lad tonight.

Firstly, I'm not a Lennon fan and, to be honest, if he left I wouldn't really care, however, something stinks here.

If you're Lennon then you must be able to see the deficiencies in the squad and with money to spend why wouldn't you spend it? If he hasn't been able to identify players that would improve this squad then he probably should go. If, however, he has given targets to Caldwell and they haven't been secured then the BOD need to come out and say so to takenthe heat off the man.

The only other option I can think of is that there is no money and he's working with one hand behind his back and is too nice a guy to call the BOD out?

Not sure what the truth of it is but we've got a squad bereft of quality and confidence at the moment and if he is to get the sack then I'd like to know the truth of it and the only man that's likely to give me that is Gilmour.

If there's nothing coming out of the club before Saturday and we lose to the Jags then there's no way back IMO.

That's the way i see it also.

This is supposed to be a professional football club with one forward c'mon.

Sure he got rid of squad players but every single team has competition for places in all areas on park.

We have central defence that leaks goals for fun and they are safe as there's no one to replace them.

As i said 1 forward,no natural left sided wide man and 1 player in Teale who is in his mid 30s who has decent pace.

It's a shambles and Lennon and Craig have been involved in fitba for many years and nothing seems to addressing these glaring problems.

Something stinks about this

Not the time to call for the managers head. For the cup win he deserves until at least January, however home form has been disgraceful and I don't know how the board expect people to turn up to watch a team who can't win a game at home and you cant win games at home when you only have two strikers in the squad. Blatantly obvious from the moment we got rid of Parkin and guy and didnt get isma back that we were in need of at least two quality strikers. It's a disgrace that a premier league club can start the season with a veteran in his last season and a boy up front. Not reasons to blame the manager but the board are also partly to blame. More should have been done to bring in new faces, for example Doris, and we shouldn't have been so hasty in releasing good squad players from their contracts. Lennon has fu**ed up big time this summer but now is not the time for a new manager, lets hope Lennon gets his finger out before deadline day and stick it out until January. Also for being the only spl team outwith Celtic to win a trophy it is totally unacceptable for the board to give Danny a shoestring budget. I'm all for the club living within its means but it can't grow without some sort of investment.

Shower of fannies, this guy was a hero 5 months ago.

DL is a Legend!

I would love to agree with you, I really would but for the last 5 months our team has been in free fall. I think it is SPS who stated repeatedly that had it not been for the cup win then Mr Daniel Lennon would have been shown the door before now. I find that hard to disagree with because the record is absolutely disgraceful.

Emotion's are running high this night so nothing will be gained by falling out with each other in the heat of the moment. Let us all sleep on it then with a clear head we can berate the dreadful performance of our beloved team and the managerial incompetence of our Mr Lennon in a much clearer and concise manner.

Is anyone surprised by this evenings result?

I am not but it does nothing to improve my mood and my mood is somewhat low, somewhat low indeed.

Where has the money went from last season? isn't the league cup actually more lucrative than the Scottish cup? If we budget to go out of cup competitions at the first round and we reached the quarter final at home to Celtic plus tv money then surely that money would have been put into this seasons budget?

Are the board lining their own pockets hence the reason why DL has such a small budget?

Are people seriously thinking the Board of Directors are going to spend money to get rid of our manager when they wouldn't give him any money for players?

Absolutely. Mr Gilmour has been through a few manager's in his time so with a little thought you would not have needed to even ask the question (I don't mean that to sound as cheeky as it does by the way). Maybe he has not been given money so we can afford to sack him in order to bring I don't know, say.....Kenny Shiels in.

Could part of the problem be upstairs?

Certainly is a possibility.

I do, however, believe that there's players not pulling their weight, I'm not going to name names but I certainly believe that it's true, we even saw a couple of players on Saturday not giving 100% during the game, refusing to track back and so on. Certain players are letting the manager down and letting down the supporters who are paying their wages; it's becoming clear for everyone to see that some of the players are not happy. Player power is strong these days, but it will never topple fan power.

I, and hopefully the whole St Mirren support will get right behind Danny and the players on Saturday because it's a massive game for the club.

Edited by Murray7

Lennon is a moron - he's lost the dressing room. Jim Goodwin is never a centre half - he hasn't th legs anymore to play in the middle of the park so the gaffer dumps big Mairzo and puts that f**kin clown at centre half. No wonder he's coming out and backing the manager although he always an arse licking wee shite. Any other manager (and let's hope we get one quick) would send him packing!

Lets see... an anonymous alias with his very first post, abuses a nice guy and goes on in his other posts to profess the fantasy that he is privvy to all the going on behind the scenes at the Club. It seems you're the moron mate...

We all need to stick behind the players and gaffer for Saturdays game!! Must win! And they need us supporting them not booing!

Yep...

Keep calm

and

support

The Buddies