Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Talk about completely missing the point. Terry Butcher had won the SFL with Caley a couple of seasons earlier and had kept them up in consecutive seasons. He never needed a good start, even still, there were plenty of Caley fans on his back this time last year.

This pressure on Danny is not the result of 4 games worth of poor results, it's the result of more than 6 months of terrible league performances.

So ITC were right to back Butcher because he kept them in the league for two seasons and won the first division, but we shouldn't back Danny even though he kept us in the league and won a national trophy. You don't use oxymoron's, you in fact are one.

Yes, DL achieved our highest SPL finish... but it needs to be remembered that when he arrived at St. Mirren we had just finished in our highest ever SPL finish!

All he actually did was finish 2 places higher than the position he inherited... and he did in a season where a piss poor Dunfermline side was stranded at the bottom which ensured there was no battle against relegation meaning there was no proper competition at the bottom.

He's had 3 seasons in the SPL now and he's finished below the position he inherited twice!

And last season we finished as the 10th placed non Old Firm club... our worst top flight finish in 40 years!

I thought we finished 20 something places ahead of one of the old Newco firm.

Surely that is our best ever.

Or am I just using statistics?

Yes, DL achieved our highest SPL finish... but it needs to be remembered that when he arrived at St. Mirren we had just finished in our highest ever SPL finish!

All he actually did was finish 2 places higher than the position he inherited... and he did in a season where a piss poor Dunfermline side was stranded at the bottom which ensured there was no battle against relegation meaning there was no proper competition at the bottom.

He's had 3 seasons in the SPL now and he's finished below the position he inherited twice!

And last season we finished as the 10th placed non Old Firm club... our worst top flight finish in 40 years!

Hahaha

Where has the money went from last season? isn't the league cup actually more lucrative than the Scottish cup? If we budget to go out of cup competitions at the first round and we reached the quarter final at home to Celtic plus tv money then surely that money would have been put into this seasons budget?

Are the board lining their own pockets hence the reason why DL has such a small budget?

we played Celtic in the semi at Hampden . aberdeen was the quarters

I am obviously a bit of a thick bastard. Please explain how last season was our worst top flight finish in 40 years when in the last 23 years we have finished bottom of the top flight 3 times. Last seasons league campaign wasn't great but there has been worse, surely?

Well Blues/Silent/Isabella and god knows how many other aliases... Answer the guy!

About time we got rid of ALL aliases! There must be a way Div?

we played Celtic in the semi at Hampden . aberdeen was the quarters

Think the OP was talking about the addition ££££s by playing against Celtic in The Scottish Cup at home in the quarters.

About time we got rid of ALL aliases! There must be a way Div?.

True. Having more than one identity is shite. I would reckon the Moderators could check this and delete the offending aliases, but it is a lot of work. I was a Moderator for a long time on a Glasgow based discussion board and we were able to do it. However, it was time consuming so we changed it so that new members could only post as "guests" until a Moderator had time to review the new member's details and check IP address and the e-mail address used. It wasn't 100% successful, but we had a high success rate in catching banned trolls from re-registering under new names.

How many mods are there on here? (No jokes about 60's scooter fanatics wearing targets on their jackets please)

True. Having more than one identity is shite. I would reckon the Moderators could check this and delete the offending aliases

I agree, this forum has become a pissy piss pot.

The problem is isabela duke and his many aliases are the main source of traffic so Div wants him there regurgitating the same pish every single day so that people feel the urge to write back..

In fact, I bet div is Isabeladuke/silentmajority/garyblues/lex/the list goes on and on

It's not rocket science. Allow only one name from an I.P. address and bin the rest. Not difficult to set up a spread sheet with all the addresses listed, then just put paid to the many names under the same address and let them bitch about it after the event.

If a father and child use the same computer to set up different names then they can apply separately to have these allowed within the system.

Sorted............................... now who has the time and the inclination? whistling.gif

Andy, in all honesty, and I've said this before, it beats me why you use so many different aliases. What's wrong with using your actual name? We all know it's you cos you post the same stuff all the time. At least TRY & vary the plot a wee bit.

It's not rocket science. Allow only one name from an I.P. address and bin the rest. Not difficult to set up a spread sheet with all the addresses listed, then just put paid to the many names under the same address and let them bitch about it after the event.

If a father and child use the same computer to set up different names then they can apply separately to have these allowed within the system.

Sorted............................... now who has the time and the inclination? whistling.gif

Mobile devices make this difficult.

There is the odd exception to this like Craig Beattie but would agree that it's usually the dregs left over.

He was on Sky the other day talking about the Celtic game and he was looking in good nick ,I heard a while ago that we had inquired about him and everyone said they didn't want him ,but he is available get him in ,we need another striker now.

He was on Sky the other day talking about the Celtic game and he was looking in good nick ,I heard a while ago that we had inquired about him and everyone said they didn't want him ,but he is available get him in ,we need another striker now.

Not so sure about his shape now, I was talking about when he signed for Hearts as a free agent well after the window closed.

I noticed when reading a match report from a game played tonight , that the manager dropped his 2 centre backs and left back for bad performances in last weeks 1st leg.

They won tonight without conceding a goal and progressed in the tournament.

Some managers are brave enough to change partnerships where they don't work , without playing players out of position which in turn can change fortunes.

I would not be adverse to us trying similar , instead of sticking by what isn't working at the moment.

I noticed when reading a match report from a game played tonight , that the manager dropped his 2 centre backs and left back for bad performances in last weeks 1st leg.

They won tonight without conceding a goal and progressed in the tournament.

Some managers are brave enough to change partnerships where they don't work , without playing players out of position which in turn can change fortunes.

I would not be adverse to us trying similar , instead of sticking by what isn't working at the moment.

Jezoo!.......Do you not get it?.........Our BOD have no subs.........Danny has no money ....Stewart Gilmour has pulled the plug and doesn't care if we get relegated .....Good money in the first division ....new manager?...best of luck?

Jezoo!.......Do you not get it?.........Our BOD have no subs.........Danny has no money ....Stewart Gilmour has pulled the plug and doesn't care if we get relegated .....Good money in the first division ....new manager?...best of luck?

Think you might need this:-

post-255-0-47317900-1377783960_thumb.gif