Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

When are the board going to step up and make the decision which needs to be made. We are fast becoming the laughing stock of the SPL. Hearts will be leaving us for dust within weeks t this stage. I hate to say this but the it's relegation if we don't make changes and quick. Danny Lennon does not have it in his locker to turn things around!

It's recognised courtesy on a discussion board to introduce yourself in your first post, or at least comment sensibly on an existing topic. To come on and open a new thread demanding the manager falls on his sword smacks of trolling.

What do you expect? Hi my names Keith, I'm 6'2" tall, married with two kids. I work as an electrician and have supported St Mirren since my grandfather introduced me to the club when I was 7 years old. FFS...and you think I need to get a grip coz I don't follow your prescribed terms for joining the forum and adding a post. Tell me, is it simply the case that if somebody says something that you disagree with that you seek to discredit the post with your stupid nonsense. Jog on bawbags!

Lifted from the Caprice thread I've posted it here because my point is not about the guys ability but Lennon's transfer activities during the summer.

Must be first pick RB............

Erm, our previous manager whistling.gif had a saying "better than what we already have", if Caprice wasn't going to be first pick why get him in at this point - was replacing Robertson in the squad really a priority, typical of the mess Lennon's made of this transfer window. It's time for Lennon to be the new previous manager. bye1.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Bawbags!!! Very intellectual. Im sure you'll get on fine here. For what its worth I actually agree that its time for Lennnon to go. I was willing to give him time through pre-season and the first few games but enough is enough. I was merely stating could you not of added your comments to the numerous posts already running regarding Lennon, no need to start a new one. Instead you decide to start abusing people in your 3rd post. Welcome to the forum Keith

It's recognised courtesy on a discussion board to introduce yourself in your first post, or at least comment sensibly on an existing topic. To come on and open a new thread demanding the manager falls on his sword smacks of trolling.

Have you replaced faraway saint as the resident condescending tool ? He can post what he likes,when he likes

When are the board going to step up and make the decision which needs to be made. We are fast becoming the laughing stock of the SPL. Hearts will be leaving us for dust within weeks t this stage. I hate to say this but the it's relegation if we don't make changes and quick. Danny Lennon does not have it in his locker to turn things around!

And yet probably another alias starts another Lennon Out thread.

Hard to believe. 1eye.gif

Faraway Saint...you are a spectacular, grade a moron. This is a forum, people will come on here and post their opinions. We will not always agree but you need to try and state your case rather than 'first time post', 'alias', 'troll' etc etc. If you cannot enter a debate and approach it in an adult like and respectful manner, maybe you should go set up your own website and post your views on there.

How about www.moronsguidetostmirrenfc.com?

The gap between our 'midfield' (if you can call it that in the first half) and our two up front was massive. I've always felt that we'd come good in terms of both signings and performances.

It now appears that the time for new faces has passed us by. The performances don't look like getting any better.

I'm annoyed that Lennon doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team into looking like they are bursting a gut (save for a few), I'm more annoyed at individual players who don't seem to get it.

I'm annoyed that Jim Goodwin was in the paper midweek shouting about how we need to knuckle down. We lost our 2nd goal and his head dropped lower than anyone else, not exactly what you want from a skipper.

I'm annoyed that Paul McGowan was abused for losing the ball deep in his own half, deep into injury time, the very fact that he had to track back 40 yards to attempt to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and try and make things happen, as everyone else around him had f**king chucked it, was lost on said abusers, when pointed out to them.

I'm annoyed that Conor Newton was made to look like a junior footballer today, not through his lack of ability or capability of his opponents, but that his lack of cover on the right hand side (a side in which he is woefully out of position btw), effectively saw him trying to do the job of two players and constantly chasing shadows, being done up like a kipper as a result.

I'm annoyed that despite the being four (f**king FOUR ,where he got that from I'll never know), minutes of injury time, we did not look like mustering up a collective assault on Partick's box, much less their goal, the Paul McGowan incident aside.

I'm annoyed that when there were guys hovering about on freebies like Higginbotham, that would have improved our squad considerably, that we were instead coveting Newcastle like subservient bitches for a player that they had no intentions of letting sign for us.

I'm just f**king annoyed by it all. Really, really annoyed. I can accept defeat with a bit of fight or if we don't have a good squad on paper. Neither of these applies to us. We DO have a good squad on paper (at least a Premiership level squad) and we DON'T have a single f**king iota of fight, drive, heart or passion.

Faraway Saint...you are a spectacular, grade a moron. This is a forum, people will come on here and post their opinions. We will not always agree but you need to try and state your case rather than 'first time post', 'alias', 'troll' etc etc. If you cannot enter a debate and approach it in an adult like and respectful manner, maybe you should go set up your own website and post your views on there.

How about www.moronsguidetostmirrenfc.com?

Thanks, are you the president? 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Fcuk off to the stone you crawled from. bye1.gif

Forum fun, cannie beat it. flipa.gif

The gap between our 'midfield' (if you can call it that in the first half) and our two up front was massive. I've always felt that we'd come good in terms of both signings and performances.

It now appears that the time for new faces has passed us by. The performances don't look like getting any better.

I'm annoyed that Lennon doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team into looking like they are bursting a gut (save for a few), I'm more annoyed at individual players who don't seem to get it.

I'm annoyed that Jim Goodwin was in the paper midweek shouting about how we need to knuckle down. We lost our 2nd goal and his head dropped lower than anyone else, not exactly what you want from a skipper.

I'm annoyed that Paul McGowan was abused for losing the ball deep in his own half, deep into injury time, the very fact that he had to track back 40 yards to attempt to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and try and make things happen, as everyone else around him had f**king chucked it, was lost on said abusers, when pointed out to them.

I'm annoyed that Conor Newton was made to look like a junior footballer today, not through his lack of ability or capability of his opponents, but that his lack of cover on the right hand side (a side in which he is woefully out of position btw), effectively saw him trying to do the job of two players and constantly chasing shadows, being done up like a kipper as a result.

I'm annoyed that despite the being four (f**king FOUR ,where he got that from I'll never know), minutes of injury time, we did not look like mustering up a collective assault on Partick's box, much less their goal, the Paul McGowan incident aside.

I'm annoyed that when there were guys hovering about on freebies like Higginbotham, that would have improved our squad considerably, that we were instead coveting Newcastle like subservient bitches for a player that they had no intentions of letting sign for us.

I'm just f**king annoyed by it all. Really, really annoyed. I can accept defeat with a bit of fight or if we don't have a good squad on paper. Neither of these applies to us. We DO have a good squad on paper (at least a Premiership level squad) and we DON'T have a single f**king iota of fight, drive, heart or passion.

Sums us up to a tee im afraid,i havent even got the energy to get angry after watching us today ,Im done letting that mob ruin my weekends, from now on i will adopt a

philosophical attitude to all things St Mirren,They dont seem to care,why should i ?

I have followed saint mirren my whole life, and yes im young and most of you have supported st morren for more than three times longer than me, but I will stick through the thick and thin with the team. Yes todays performance was of a low standard, but think back to the league cup semi final : some of the best football I have seen st mirren play. Remember how danny lennon was a legend and everyone was cheering for him after the final? Give him time and maybe we will see the fruits of his labour. Two of his best players have left (dummett, Isma) and he has been chasing deals that haven't worked out, through no fault of his own. Lennon cant change the team for whatever reason, maybe the BoD is not supporting him financially or they dont think the deals are good enough. He has two weeks to figure things out and can hopefully turn this around.

Imagine how the players felt today when half the stands emptied, no way to behave. Their hearts must have sank and the whole club demoralised. Im sure that you have seen worst defeats than today and we have had bigger problems than todays.

We are saint mirren fc, lets show our support for our home team, and hopefully they can change their losing mentality...

COYS!!!

I have followed saint mirren my whole life, and yes im young and most of you have supported st morren for more than three times longer than me, but I will stick through the thick and thin with the team. Yes todays performance was of a low standard, but think back to the league cup semi final : some of the best football I have seen st mirren play. Remember how danny lennon was a legend and everyone was cheering for him after the final? Give him time and maybe we will see the fruits of his labour. Two of his best players have left (dummett, Isma) and he has been chasing deals that haven't worked out, through no fault of his own. Lennon cant change the team for whatever reason, maybe the BoD is not supporting him financially or they dont think the deals are good enough. He has two weeks to figure things out and can hopefully turn this around.

Imagine how the players felt today when half the stands emptied, no way to behave. Their hearts must have sank and the whole club demoralised. Im sure that you have seen worst defeats than today and we have had bigger problems than todays.

We are saint mirren fc, lets show our support for our home team, and hopefully they can change their losing mentality...

COYS!!!

Good effort young man but i think its time for a fresh face to make a decent fist of trying to mould a group of talented,but seemingly lost,footballers into a proper football team.I think even you would agree ,that at full time,it seemed the mood was that change was inevitable.There should be no need to turn things around,thats the infuriating part,we have the players capable of spl survival in their sleep.Keep the faith ,always COYS

Good effort young man but i think its time for a fresh face to make a decent fist of trying to mould a group of talented,but seemingly lost,footballers into a proper football team.I think even you would agree ,that at full time,it seemed the mood was that change was inevitable.There should be no need to turn things around,thats the infuriating part,we have the players capable of spl survival in their sleep.Keep the faith ,always COYS

Yes I agree the mood was definitely terrible but it should not be that way. You should go to a game for the full 90 minutes, the players must hear things and leaving before the games over must lower their already depleted confidence. Thank you for at least supporting me though

More than that, we have the players capable of finishing in the top half of the league.

A new manager can make a huge difference to a football club. Different tactics, different man management, different philosophy.

Football is full of stories of teams being transformed by the arrival of a new manager, even though the playing staff haven't changed.

It's time for us to have that change now.

It feels sad that this is the case. DL has his name written into the history of 'this wonderful football club', and rightly so.

However, for whatever reason, things have gone over the tipping point for him now. I really don't see how he will be able to move on within the club after the last week's events especially, and a culmination of months of poor results and form.

Support for him has almost evaporated now. Very few people now still backing him it seems.

Shame, but it's reality.

Absolutely spot on.