Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

djchapsticks makes a great post that pretty much sums up the deep rooted problems that exist at the Club we (supposedly) love, and yet rather than take up and discuss the points succintly made in that post, other (supposed) fans follow up with idiotic (supposed) banter accompanied by (supposedly) hilarious wee "get-it-up-ye" emoticons.

The performance of some contributors on here recently makes the performances of our players, Manager and BoD look positively first class by comparison.

Edited by BAWZ

"If my journey at this football club ended tomorrow, I would have no regrets.

"It's an absolute pleasure to come here and work and it's something that I don't want to give up easy. I love a challenge, I love being a manager at this proud football club.

Sounds like Danny knows the writing is on the wall.

I'm afraid that his league record is abysmal its so sad to see him stand there today and be hung out to dry by the pathetic players.

Correct - you go through the roller coaster of emotions don't you - anger at the BoD, DL and then the players. End of the day it starts at the top with the BoD, filters down to DL and finally it is basically the players. We had a decent team out today but my overriding anger has to be with them. If I had my way I would personally get half of them to f**k - basically, sack them. Having sat through that today I found it hard not to steam onto the pitch and smack some of them in the face and ask them what the f**k they are doing. I am effectively shite at football but unless I am missing something I could have given it a better go today. I realise it is just football and life goes on etc but it makes me so angry.

This is what Chic Young said before the League Cup final against R*ng*rs back in 2010:

"The dressing room and the boardroom are so far apart they shouldn't be in the same stadium."

To me it looks like not much has changed, except maybe the gap is now between the boardroom and the Manager's office.

This is what Chic Young said before the League Cup final against R*ng*rs back in 2010:

"The dressing room and the boardroom are so far apart they shouldn't be in the same stadium."

To me it looks like not much has changed, except maybe the gap is now between the boardroom and the Manager's office.

Wrong as per usual,there is a yawning chasm a mile wide between Danny and the players,there for all to see today .SG wanted him to suceed as we all did,but it just didnt pan out,the players will continue to pick up their wages and talk shite about being "gutted" and "giving 110%" for the team, whille Danny is binned,its shameful and brutal but the manager takes the fall

Correct - you go through the roller coaster of emotions don't you - anger at the BoD, DL and then the players. End of the day it starts at the top with the BoD, filters down to DL and finally it is basically the players. We had a decent team out today but my overriding anger has to be with them. If I had my way I would personally get half of them to f**k - basically, sack them. Having sat through that today I found it hard not to steam onto the pitch and smack some of them in the face and ask them what the f**k they are doing. I am effectively shite at football but unless I am missing something I could have given it a better go today. I realise it is just football and life goes on etc but it makes me so angry.

Now that's no way for a posh tart from Mearns to be speaking!

"If my journey at this football club ended tomorrow, I would have no regrets.

"It's an absolute pleasure to come here and work and it's something that I don't want to give up easy. I love a challenge, I love being a manager at this proud football club.

Sounds like Danny knows the writing is on the wall.

That just sounds like a regurgitated version of the usual.

'absolute pleasure' 'proud football club'

Same old stuff. Make it happen then!

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but he was so tactically inept yesterday.

I watched Thistle a couple of times last year and knew that they really used their full backs as width. It's even been discussed in the papers this season about how well they do that.

The DL solution to combat that? Play 4-3-1-2, meaning our midfield three are dragged all over the place in the first have as we get pumped down either side. Took until the 40min mark where he stuck the french lad out right and switched to a 4-2-3-1.

Good effort young man but i think its time for a fresh face to make a decent fist of trying to mould a group of talented,but seemingly lost,footballers into a proper football team.I think even you would agree ,that at full time,it seemed the mood was that change was inevitable.There should be no need to turn things around,thats the infuriating part,we have the players capable of spl survival in their sleep.Keep the faith ,always COYS

I thought the team looked totally unorganised , lacked shape and desire. We were battered by thistle who could have been three up at half time. I think giving Danny more time may be a mistake and although I feel for him his job is to win matches and for some time now he hasn't been doing it

Football is a completely results based culture and that stretches from the BoD's to the players. In between the Manager is the most vulnerable of all the parts, as his existence at the club depends on the players (i.e. others) carrying out his tactics and inspiring them to play at a level that is commensurate with their abilities and salaries.

If you don't achieve results then your employment is basically on the line.

For the life of me I can't imagine being a football manager as it is the most precarious and fickle of jobs, one minute you are the bee's knees - the next you are headed for the scrap-heap. It's not like many other jobs, such as working for the government, local authorities or a large corporate organisation where basically you can hide for large parts of your life without the threat of losing your job.

It is in the public eye, it is dealing with supporters (who, if you read this website, many subscribe to the concept that you can abuse whoever you like from behind a computer screen), it is dealing with a group of owners who often lack any logic other than self-glorification and it is managing a bunch of often highly over-paid guys who frequently stick two fingers up at you because they aren't getting a game in their favoured position.

The stats for DL and TC are NOT good. Basically many managers would have lost their Board by now. DL probably gained a few extra months due to the Cup win, but truth be told I'd bet the Board would rather see a consistent run of results that had us top of the league (ICT style) or frequently challenging for the top 6 year on year. We are making virtually no progress.

Saturday said a lot to me - the manager couldn't read that the service Thistle were getting down the left hand side needed to be stopped, - it only took the entire first half to realise it. Secondly Thistle's passing was so much crisper, accurate and direct it demonstrated that whilst we championed the passing game two years ago, others have by-passed us big style. Lastly even I could see that a gamble of playing a striker who hadn't even trained with the squad should be given a starting position was the sign of a pretty desperate management team.

I'm not the kind of person that cries for blood at the first sign of a problem, however when the problem becomes a crisis and the crisis becomes a disaster, then I do think that the time has come for the BoD to consider what is best for St Mirren Football Club. mad.gif

Tom Hendrie for season 1999/2000 only.

Eh? He was leading a 1st division team.

How can that possibly be better than the top flight and a National Cup?

You have to compare what both achieved to get any kind of meaningful comparison.

When you do that, how did Hendrie's SPL season go compared to Danny's record?

I thought the team looked totally unorganised , lacked shape and desire. We were battered by thistle who could have been three up at half time. I think giving Danny more time may be a mistake and although I feel for him his job is to win matches and for some time now he hasn't been doing it

I can't remember the last time that Danny made a substitution or tactical change during a game that changed the game. This for me has been his biggest flaw.

Tell you what though. On a serious note, if the BOD do sack Danny this week (as predicted in the papers), they would genuinely need to explain where they found the money from when Danny couldn't apparently get enough cash together to buy the players he wanted.

I think as fans that would be the minimum that we'd deserve from them.

Edited by oaksoft

Dannys biggest error is changing the way we play for this season.He has abandoned the ball retention play it from the back for a more 'direct' form of the game.All this has achieved is giving the opposition more of the ball with which to attack our jittery defence rather than long spells of us having and keeping the ball. Its a mistake Danny never abandon you principles footballing or otherwise.

Tell you what though. On a serious note, if the BOD do sack Danny this week (as predicted in the papers), they would genuinely need to explain where they found the money from when Danny couldn't apparently get enough cash together to buy the players he wanted.

Danny has not used his full available budget !

Source? A first-choice , first-team player !

They might put him on gardening leave ,same as Gus and Levein ,just continue paying him normally until his contract runs out .