Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

You're right, we don't do sackings 4 games into a season, at least until now.

The BoD had the decency to wait until 5 games into season 2002-03 to relieve Tom Hendrie of his duties........

Of course, it's 5 games this time aswell. Our most important game of this season so far was QOTS away last Tuesday. We lost that one too.

Does anyone else see the irony in Oaksoft and others citing 'only 4 games in!' and 'league cup win' in the same post? Why is the league cup loss not being counted as a game?

The general consensus seems to be that the BoD have made the difficult decision that Danny's time at St Mirren has came to an end. The next 24-48 hours will be spent negotiating severance terms with Danny and his representatives, then an announcement will be made.

Edited by Lex

The general consensus seems to be that the BoD have made the difficult decision that Danny's time at St Mirren has came to an end. The next 24-48 hours will be spent negotiating severance terms with Danny and his representatives, then an announcement will be made.

It was posted in this thread that Tommy Craig will remain as number 2 to the new manager. That doesn't sit right with me. If Danny goes then Tommy has to go as well as far as I'm concerned. Whilst I believe Danny deserves the chance to save his job, to only remove Danny from his position suggests that the BOD believe that he alone is the problem.

Even the most vocal anti-Danny posters have acknowledged that Tommy Craig is as much of the problem as Danny himself. To put Danny in the firing line by himself in my opinion just confirms that behind the scenes at the club there are real problems.

It was posted in this thread that Tommy Craig will remain as number 2 to the new manager. That doesn't sit right with me. If Danny goes then Tommy has to go as well as far as I'm concerned. Whilst I believe Danny deserves the chance to save his job, to only remove Danny from his position suggests that the BOD believe that he alone is the problem.

Even the most vocal anti-Danny posters have acknowledged that Tommy Craig is as much of the problem as Danny himself. To put Danny in the firing line by himself in my opinion just confirms that behind the scenes at the club there are real problems.

Agreed. If Danny goes Tommy has to go too, Tommy staying will be Couglin all over again.

Edited by Lex

Of course, it's 5 games this time aswell. Our most important game of this season so far was QOTS away last Tuesday. We lost that one too.

Does anyone else see the irony in Oaksoft and others citing 'only 4 games in!' and 'league cup win' in the same post? Why is the league cup loss not being counted as a game?

I was only counting league games for a direct comparison with the Hendrie situation and because that was the figure being bandied about by Oaksoft etc.

The exact number is of course irrelevant. There has been an unacceptable level of performance for far longer than 4 league games with no sign of it turning around and team selections and tactics becoming increasingly erratic.

Like many others I like Danny but I love St Mirren and I feel it's time for a parting of the ways.

I think we all know there are major problems behind the scenes , freezing mair out ? Accusing robbo of faking a thigh injury ? Bringing a striker who the team havent met str8 into the starting line up? These things are bound to cause friction in the dressing room especially amongst the senior players who are probably disgusted in DLs treatment of certain players

Got your new guy Lex...whoever it is .....how will you judge him ?......All out support?

Of course i will give him my all out support. Just like i supported Danny for his first full season in charge here. Whoever the new man is i'd certainly hope every St Mirren fan gets right behind him, regardless of his past dealings with the fans.

WTF? But we're not bottom though are we? Haven't we got enough actual real problems sitting in front of us to be worried about without making up even worse scenarios which don't even exist?

The scenarios posted by both you and I over the past 12 hours have both turned out to be wrong. You said Danny was staying , I said he was getting a chance to turn things round and now it turns out he's been bagged with only the official announcement to be made after the compo has been sorted. Glad I was wrong , how are you feeling ?

Can't imagine that Danny will take any time on here to witness his demise.....But if anyone is close to him please pass on my appreciation for what he achieved for our club. Change happens and like Tom Hendrie (god).Champions!...Danny will always be remembered as the guy who won the League cup for the only time in our history......A massive success!

Paul Hartley?

I'd imagine he would be the bookies favourite.

Every managerial appointment we've made since Davie Hay has been an inexperienced manager (lesson learned), and i can't see us bucking the trend here. Hartley, Murray or Cameron would be the obvious choices from the lower leagues, and out of those 3 Hartley probably has the most impressive CV.

And here is the thing.

I want to cry because of the results. I'd imagine most real Saints fans do as well.

The trolls and alias' that this forum is drowning in however aren't interested in crying about that. They are more interested in attacking and abusing fellow Buds and attempting to score points on the forum.

Its a shame.

Oooo the irony!

What general consensus? Because you say so? Are you ignoring the poll you set up then?

You are sad.

Edited by Vambo57

Who actually knows this

Div, Chick Young and Douglas McNeil have been saying Danny will be gone before Motherwell game.

On the other hand Graeme McPherson says he has SG on record saying there will be no imminent change of manager.

Got to be one or the other.........

E.T.A. Div did a spectacular u-turn tonight starting the evening off saying he was in the Supermac camp, then later announcing Danny would be gone in 48hrs. So Div obviously heard something tonight which convinced him Danny really is going.

Edited by ds10