Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

I think this is the guy that sits at the aisle seat just across from me and embarrasses his wife/girlfriend with his outbursts. You have to "admire" his passion but God alone knows what game he is watching based on his yelling and ranting. Hilarious but bizarre is his bawling at Gary Harkins, or "Jamesy" as he always calls him. Maybe I'm being whooshed but it seems like a genuine Trigger-calling-Rodney-Dave situation.

Sit a few seats along from our vocal friend. Its Jeebsy he is shouting. Normally something along the lines of thread it jeebsy, slide it jeebsy, f*ckin nail him jeebsy

I don't post to often on here pure and simple due to the Danny bashing I'm not in either corner I am a st mirren supporter of 35 of my 40 years on this planet and irrespective of who is in charge they deserve the support of ALL of the supporters of St Mirren football club. Does anyone really really expect the board to look on here and go " a deal we better bag Danny" I think not. I feel it'd simple don't go if you don't like what your watching due to work commitments I don't get to nearly as many games as I would like to through last couple of seasons but I still love st mirren and any management team in place will get my full support until the BoD decide otherwise

I don't post to often on here pure and simple due to the Danny bashing I'm not in either corner I am a st mirren supporter of 35 of my 40 years on this planet and irrespective of who is in charge they deserve the support of ALL of the supporters of St Mirren football club. Does anyone really really expect the board to look on here and go " a deal we better bag Danny" I think not. I feel it'd simple don't go if you don't like what your watching due to work commitments I don't get to nearly as many games as I would like to through last couple of seasons but I still love st mirren and any management team in place will get my full support until the BoD decide otherwise

I expect them to look at the shambles on the pitch for most of the last 6 months and say "we better bag Danny " !

Edited by billyg

Based in that then the players should alsobe held accountable I remember watching and reading interviews from "senior players"admiting to downing tools almost one the semi final was out the way spent is it all Danny bashing and before anyone saysthe buck stops with the manager to a point maybe but once youcross the white line you become responsible for your own actions and as such become accountable as well. I will not condone any terse comments to any st mirren staff but if one is guilty for what we have seen they all are

I was given very good information last night that Danny was definitely going to leave the club, imminently and that they were surprised that he had survived Monday.

He obviously remains in place so my gut feel, and this is purely a guess so don't read anything else into it, is that there has most likely been a split in the board as to what to do or there has been a cooling off over the weekend and they have decided to meet in the middle and give Danny another chance to turn it round.

As far as Danny is concerned I personally remain totally unconvinced that he is the right man for the job but if the board are giving him another chance, then again fair enough, I will give him the benefit too.

I genuinely don't know what's going on but I'll be there as usual a week on Saturday cheering on the boys. With maybe the odd boo thrown in at full time 1eye.gif

The same Paul Hartley that St. Mirren have hated for years, and a guy with no top flight management experience. How long before he would be verbally abused and despised on this forum if he went a further 4 or 5 games into this season without a win?

I can assure you that Paul Hartley would be verbally abused and despised before the first whistle of his first game in charge never mind 4 or 5 games into the season.

Appointing that dobber as St Mirren manager would be an act of treachery by our BoD.

Hartley would not be acceptable.

Whether it's rumour mongering, trying to cause trouble, people with an agenda cause they just aint keen on DL it has to stop. As a club we have to be as one and united with everyone. If the board come to a decision then we have to go with that decision regardless whether he goes or he stays. I want us all to move on from this and give our unified support to everyone connected to the club at all times. We are all St. Mirren and its time to build a positive unified image of our club.

#Believe #COYS #onetownoneteam

I suppose if the BoD did appoint Paul Hartley, and we didn't like his tactics or substitutions, the song 'Hartley, Hartley what's the score?' would still fit the bill. This surely swings things in Paul Hartley's favour to (hypothetically - should Danny never win another match again, ever, never, ever), become St Mirren's next manager. We like a bargain us Buddies - one song for the price of two. I think. Anyway, the cheap option - no new songs need purchased. Good luck in your new role Paul Hartley.

After the close season homophobic suggestions against our club (that turned out to be nonsense) it could be seen as a shrewd political move to appoint a gay manager.....Paul Harley is still gay isn't he???

eta: just to keep on topic, after cooling off over the weekend I decided to avoid a hernia a just point blank back whoever is in charge. So I'm 100% behind Danny and everyone that pulls on the stripes until Stewart Gilmour tells me otherwise.

Edited by BoWSaint

I was given very good information last night that Danny was definitely going to leave the club, imminently and that they were surprised that he had survived Monday.

He obviously remains in place so my gut feel, and this is purely a guess so don't read anything else into it, is that there has most likely been a split in the board as to what to do or there has been a cooling off over the weekend and they have decided to meet in the middle and give Danny another chance to turn it round.

As far as Danny is concerned I personally remain totally unconvinced that he is the right man for the job but if the board are giving him another chance, then again fair enough, I will give him the benefit too.

I genuinely don't know what's going on but I'll be there as usual a week on Saturday cheering on the boys. With maybe the odd boo thrown in at full time 1eye.gif

He's had plenty of chances yet we still continue to get served the same shite every week in the league.

If , as suggested , some of the players are less than enamoured with Danny and his tactics and team-talks , they're hardly going to bust a gut to keep him in a job v Motherwell , are they?

Aye, but if this suggestion is just speculation then it's just speculation or in other words just made up by people who are determined to get rid of the manager.

They are professional football players, getting paid to bust a fcuking gut and, if they do so then they can sleep at night knowing they have done the best they can.

If Lennon ultimately goes then fair enough but if so this so called best squad we've had blah fcuking blah should be ashamed IF they are NOT busting a gut.

Edited by faraway saint

Aye, but if this suggestion is just speculation then it's just speculation or in other words just made up by people who are determined to get rid of the manager.

They are professional football players, getting paid to bust a fcuking gut and, if they do so then they can sleep at night knowing they have done the best they can.

If Lennon ultimately goes then fair enough but if this so called best squad we've had blah fcuking blah should be ashamed IF they are NOT busting a gut.

Its just an easy way for those who want the manager out, to attempt to undermine him. There are two and three on twitter who are especially good at this, I believe somner9 referred to them as "le clique".

Always stating that a player told them this, and a player told them that. Despite the fact players are apparently telling them that they aren't working for Lennon, they still declare that they don't blame the players. Pretty laughable stuff...but they seem to be able to get a snowball effect going.

Reading through these posts I am surprised that Danny is still the manager of our club. My posts on Danny have been positive in the main. I try to listen to people who are connected to the club for info and as we all do read or listen between the lines. I think it would be a mistake now to keep him and I expect him to be gone tomorrow. There comes a time when a manager needs to leave and it is now. Pat Fenlon is clinging on and his board have opened up the cheque book to give him a chance.....Danny doesn't have that. The pressure of a must win game against Motherwell is not how it should be and whether you are in the Danny camp or not this circus has to end. I predict football of a survival nature will follow and we will never give up the amount of possession against teams like Thistle again this season.

I am not calling for dannys head here ,but as some are saying its an international break for next week and a half ,so lets say danny stays ,what does anyone actually think will be different in the next game ,imo in the time danny has been here we cannot take a throw in fact we are shit at corners fact we are shit at free kicks (except for maybe 5 in 2and a half years ) fact we cannot defend a lead fact (no point dafties coming on with individual games )im talking over dannys reign here not 1 semi final or final.nothing changes from week to week ,we lost the same goals on Saturday as we lost last season and season before ,the same players do the same shit every game with no improvement .(cheesy has not improved from promising young supporter )imrie showed more against us after being with ton for 6 days than he did with us in 18 months ,he constantly falls out with senior players ,Samson, mair, imrie, robbo ,vanz, guy, only one left and he has tried everything to get rid of him,problem is he is spending his budget on paying for these guys to play for other teams,so please come on here and tell me what you think danny will improve in next 11 days that he hasn't done in last 2 and a half years

Maybe I should see if my brother's missus' hairdresser knows anything? :lol: