Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

The only answer is to move on....A new manager will get some time as fans make excuses for defeats due to the previous manager etc. Danny would be under too much pressure if the BOD keep him IMO and as such he should go. A wee thought about the gardening leave pish which goes on.....St Mirren will benefit from Celtic's CL success to the tune of £150,000 ..that's not in our budget ........use that to give our cup winning manager a pay off he deserves and save the dignity you lost from Tom Hendrie!

Its hilarious to read posts on here insinuating that the fans are effectively to blame for the shite results! :lol:

The shite results are down to Lennon's loony tactics. End of!

The crucial thing for me is that when Lennon goes that Tommy Craig goes with him. Its been quite clear from day 1 that Lennon has had his strings pulled by his assistant. It was Jenkins in season 1 and Craig since then. They have been the "brains" behind Lennon.

Unfortunately these "brains" have had a lobotomy!

Its hilarious to read posts on here insinuating that the fans are effectively to blame for the shite results! lol.gif:

The shite results are down to Lennon's loony tactics. End of!

The crucial thing for me is that when Lennon goes that Tommy Craig goes with him. Its been quite clear from day 1 that Lennon has had his strings pulled by his assistant. It was Jenkins in season 1 and Craig since then. They have been the "brains" behind Lennon.

Unfortunately these "brains" have had a lobotomy!

I said this before Jenkins left ,but was ridiculed cause danny is the saviour,tommy does all the coaching from sidelines which is fine ,he is a coach but as I said after the game on saturday you cant change your shape every 10 minutes there just doesn't seem to be a stick to plan

Just an idea add Thomo and Teale to the backroom staff get a closer connection with the players and manager ,might work ,might not work .

Really don't fancy either of them taking control. It has its problems namely familiarity; mates one week 'you're dropped' the next. Furthemore, if things don't work out it's a sad day to hear the fans get on your back especially being a Saints legend.

I was given very good information last night that Danny was definitely going to leave the club, imminently and that they were surprised that he had survived Monday.

He obviously remains in place so my gut feel, and this is purely a guess so don't read anything else into it, is that there has most likely been a split in the board as to what to do or there has been a cooling off over the weekend and they have decided to meet in the middle and give Danny another chance to turn it round.

As far as Danny is concerned I personally remain totally unconvinced that he is the right man for the job but if the board are giving him another chance, then again fair enough, I will give him the benefit too.

I genuinely don't know what's going on but I'll be there as usual a week on Saturday cheering on the boys. With maybe the odd boo thrown in at full time 1eye.gif

My own guess like I've said elsewhere is that he's got 4 games till the next international break to turn things around.

Motherwell (h) 14/9

Hibs (a) 21/9

Aberdeen (h) 30/9

Hearts (a) 5/10 bag.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

The only answer is to move on....A new manager will get some time as fans make excuses for defeats due to the previous manager etc. Danny would be under too much pressure if the BOD keep him IMO and as such he should go. A wee thought about the gardening leave pish which goes on.....St Mirren will benefit from Celtic's CL success to the tune of £150,000 ..that's not in our budget ........use that to give our cup winning manager a pay off he deserves and save the dignity you lost from Tom Hendrie!

we won the cup last year which wasn't budgeted for ,but still seems to have cut our spending ,so what would we have done if we hadn't won said cup ?got rid of 3 more ?

I said this before Jenkins left ,but was ridiculed cause danny is the saviour,tommy does all the coaching from sidelines which is fine ,he is a coach but as I said after the game on saturday you cant change your shape every 10 minutes there just doesn't seem to be a stick to plan

You would think that they would have spent the summer planning what the tactics would be.

The chopping and changing while a game is going on highlights that neither have a clue what they are doing. It was sheer desperation. They haven't a clue how to fit McGowan, Harkins & McLean all into the same side whilst going with 2 strikers.

I'm sure Thommo has his sights set on the job but It's too early....Not sure about the info coming in that Tommy Craig must stay thing.....My solution would be Thommo getting the back up gig to a new upcoming manager......Paul Hartley?....fcukn' knicker wearing Celtic Cnut?........He'd be my favourite to work with Thompson.

My own guess like I've said elsewhere is that he's got 4 games till the next international break to turn things around.

Motherwell (h) 14/9

Hibs (a) 21/9

Aberdeen (h) 30/9

Hearts (a) 5/10 bag.gif

Can you check that Hearts one again Bud?

we won the cup last year which wasn't budgeted for ,but still seems to have cut our spending ,so what would we have done if we hadn't won said cup ?got rid of 3 more ?

Never easy as a fan saltcoatsbuddie.....Never know the real ins and outs......Think we made £600,000 from the Cup but we never get anything official. Our squad budget has been cut and our income may have come down.....But we set our budget pre season and the Celtic CL is extra....no doubts about that!.....So pay Danny what he should get without fcukn' around then we can move on.

Never easy as a fan saltcoatsbuddie.....Never know the real ins and outs......Think we made £600,000 from the Cup but we never get anything official. Our squad budget has been cut and our income may have come down.....But we set our budget pre season and the Celtic CL is extra....no doubts about that!.....So pay Danny what he should get without fcukn' around then we can move on.

good point mate but if we cant get 1 decent player from an unexpected 600 g what chance of them giving lennon money to leave ?

I'm not so sure the squad budget has been cut that much.

Sit a few seats along from our vocal friend. Its Jeebsy he is shouting. Normally something along the lines of thread it jeebsy, slide it jeebsy, f*ckin nail him jeebsy

I sufferd his nonsense behaviour at the QoS game. Dancing about in the aisle shouting jeebsy do this, do that. It was absolute murder to listen to him

Aye, but if this suggestion is just speculation then it's just speculation or in other words just made up by people who are determined to get rid of the manager.

They are professional football players, getting paid to bust a fcuking gut and, if they do so then they can sleep at night knowing they have done the best they can.

If Lennon ultimately goes then fair enough but if so this so called best squad we've had blah fcuking blah should be ashamed IF they are NOT busting a gut.

That's player power for you even Tony Fitz admitted this happens.

You would think that they would have spent the summer planning what the tactics would be.

The chopping and changing while a game is going on highlights that neither have a clue what they are doing. It was sheer desperation. They haven't a clue how to fit McGowan, Harkins & McLean all into the same side whilst going with 2 strikers.

in fairness... looking at the thread on our starting eleven... neither do we!

If Lennon ultimately goes then fair enough but if so this so called best squad we've had blah fcuking blah should be ashamed IF they are NOT busting a gut.

This squad is nowhere near the best we've had. I'd say the squad between January 2013 and May 2013 was the best i've seen at the club. Dummett, Newton, Isma, Samson, etc etc. Guy, Imrie, Mair, McLean and Parkin in reserve.

That was a superb squad and they won the cup. Amazingly they also finished 11th in the SPL and only won a couple of league matches.

The worrying thing is the current squad is a mere shadow of the one we had only a few months ago. The manager led that fantastic squad into 11th and the verge of a relegation battle. What's he going to do with a worse one?

Scary thought!

This squad is nowhere near the best we've had. I'd say the squad between January 2013 and May 2013 was the best i've seen at the club. Dummett, Newton, Isma, Samson, etc etc. Guy, Imrie, Mair, McLean and Parkin in reserve.

That was a superb squad and they won the cup. Amazingly they also finished 11th in the SPL and only won a couple of league matches.

The worrying thing is the current squad is a mere shadow of the one we had only a few months ago. The manager led that fantastic squad into 11th and the verge of a relegation battle. What's he going to do with a worse one?

Scary thought!

This squad is nothing like the best squad my beloved team have ever sent to the field of play. Men like Davie Lapsley, Dan McGarry, Jock Bradford and Gerry Baker are being sold somewhat short when such statements are made. This wonderful team of ours has been in existence since 1877 and they played good (and very bad) football before any of you were born.

That said the strength of the playing squad did improve somewhat toward the tail end of last season and I totally agree that the current playing squad is certainly weaker now than the one that finished the season in a miserly 11th place. My issue is this

Q) Why is the squad weaker?

I do not know the answer but I do know that my season ticket did not reduce in price!

Have the funds been cut for some reason?

Is the problem the manager?

Is the problem a mix of the two?

What I can see is that our competitors are on course to out perform us yet again and that makes me very sad, very sad indeed.

The budget has NOT been cut. Budget exact same as last year. Only difference is we were guaranteed semi income which allowed us to get a couple of extras in January. If you don't believe me contact the club and ask.

Someone said that Danny Lennon had over a 1/3rd of his budget left.

Maybe he kept that aside to pay himself off

Its a shame its got to this. I wish he walked at the end of last season, especially if he hasnt got the full backing of the bod.

I like danny but i feel that as the days/weeks or even months go by he is taking the shine off the cup win.

This is my two opinions on how he will be viewed if he goes now/later in the season.

Now - took st mirren to first major cup win in decades and maintained our spl status but after a shaky start to the season he and the bod agree a new face could take the team the next step.

Later - spent years at the club and despite a leage cup win did not enhance the club and watched "lesser" teams bypass st mirren in terms of quality and success (touching hairy wood here but a change of divisions could be added at worst case)