Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

I thought it was a play off with second bottom and the second,third and fourth places teams ? Or I might be wrong.

"The play-offs would see the third and fourth teams in the second tier face off for the right to play the runners-up.

The winners would then battle the team sitting second bottom of the top flight in the final. All games would be played over two legs with the highest placed team at home in the return."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/7million-tv-boost-sky-bt-1956001

You are right.

Edited by ss39Lavety

My view on the whole situation is that I want Danny to turn things around, but I have serious doubts that he will be able to. The way I see things, Gus came in, got us up, kept us up, got us to a major final and proved himself able to motivate the team in crunch situations. Gus and Andy were photographed on an open top bus holding aloft three trophies won by the club in one season. This is a fact - three (count em'!) trophies. That is a good job well done.

Downside - poor communication with fans, eventually a grim trench warfare style of football, possibly poor relations with the youth set up, and the disaster endgame of the major cup final just about sealed Gus and Andy's fate.

Danny came in - so if we look at the 'downsides' of Gus' tenure, has Danny faced these and taken them on? I would suggest yes - absolutely. Communication with the fans, a concerted effort to play a more attractive style, youth getting a chance, and actually winning the self same trophy that had haunted us. He also achieved a good league finish and like Gus, kept us up. Gus has his open top three trophy photo, Danny has his open top major trophy photo - fact.

Downside? Dreadful league results, questionable squad 'rebuilding' this season, poor tactical awareness of opponents and indeed our own tactics, players out of position, and the club had delivered the new training complex, stadium, and a very decent SP(F)L squad for Danny to crack on with. I would also suggest that Danny's St Mirren are facing much weaker opponents than Gus' sides faced, and Danny has a more talented squad. Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Killie, and more - not nearly as strong.

In short, I liked Gus and I genuinely like Danny. Both men have delivered success and history should judge them kindly. Between them, they took our club forward and along with the BoD also overseeing the stadium and Ralston set up, the club, IMHO should be well placed to be a club looking to be mixing it with those sniffing Europe, not mixing it with those sniffing relegation. No club has a divine right to be up the top end of the league, but I genuinely believe we can be, and maybe should be.

I think Danny has addressed the issues I'm sure the BoD asked him to, but having done that, I can see things unravelling in front of our eyes. We even regressed to pumping old school hopeful high balls to a front man thrown into the side in desperation having only arrived in the country.

Gus was a trophy winning success, Danny is a trophy winning success, and has addressed the shortcomings of Gus' stewardship. Like Gus before him though, maybe things have simply reached a time where both parties need to move on?

An utterly tremendous post Mr PozB - sums up things accurately, and your final sentence is the crux - it's time for a change.

The problem for Lennon is that he has clearly lost a section of the support (and a voiciferous part at that) and to get it back we'll need to go on the sort of run that St Johnstone went on last September after a poor August excl.png (5 wins in 7 league games) or Ross County after the winter break (8 wins in 11).

Even the sort of form that would have satisfied most of us at the start of the season won't be enough and fresh call for his dismissal will undoubtedly follow any poor results. While the results so far have been bad it's really the handling of the squad over the summer that has disappointed me.

I predict death by a thousand cuts for Lennon followed by a chorus of "told you so's" by the usual suspects. I'm not gonna issue any rallying calls for the manager who is one of the longest serving in the division. shutup.gif

Ah well, when the new manager does arrive I'll offer him the same sort of support I've given every Saints manager..............unsure.png

Edited by Bud the Baker

More likely at least 2 seasons down as R*ng*rs will no doubt win that league in 14/15.

Apart from the fact that "rangers" no longer exist, I can't see why so many people believe that the newco is still going to be around AND in a higher div next year.

Not to mention the problem of them being able to finance a stronger team than an ex-spl team....

I didn't say it was true.

A lot of people made the point his budget must have been slashed due to lack of players coming in.

A few people made the point he had over a 1/3 of his budget haven't been used

wasn't having a dig mate, I just wouldn't believe a thing anyone writes in here, other than me of course and a couple of others.

Apart from the fact that "rangers" no longer exist, I can't see why so many people believe that the newco is still going to be around AND in a higher div next year.

Not to mention the problem of them being able to finance a stronger team than an ex-spl team....

Let it go, really, you will be a happier person to let this WGAF situation slip into the back of your mind.

If that disnae work, get together with Shull, you could form a Therapy Group.

Let it go, really, you will be a happier person to let this WGAF situation slip into the back of your mind.

If that disnae work, get together with Shull, you could form a Therapy Group.

If someone gives a wrong score or suggests a wrong player or team it should be corrected.

Or don't you believe in facts...? :unsure:

Does anyone else think that if our Daniel was going to be sacked it would have been on Monday morning?

With each passing day I am certainly of the opinion that a managerial change is becoming somewhat less likely. With the forthcoming golf day (its on Friday and if you haven't yet get your finger out and book it) I would expect that Daniel knows his position, albeit precarious is at least assured until the next game vs Motherwell. I would certainly hope that our board of directors would not let Daniel face the supporters when his fate is already decided. That would be extremely unkind.

A defeat by Motherwell though and he will have plenty of time to get that golf handicap down.

If someone gives a wrong score or suggests a wrong player or team it should be corrected.

Or don't you believe in facts...? unsure.png

Whither you like to admit it or not Rangers still exist.

You can babble all you like about Newco etc but they still operate from Ibrox and still continue to play football matches.

As for believing they will not be around next year, I don't believe that is a fact?

I love facts. thumbup2.gif

Whither you like to admit it or not Rangers still exist.

You can babble all you like about Newco etc but they still operate from Ibrox and still continue to play football matches.

As for believing they will not be around next year, I don't believe that is a fact?

I love facts. :thumbs2

Hmmm.

On the BBC tonight Jim Spence talked of "Rangers, the old club that died". I guess he's also wrong?

(A lot of bluenoses ARE going apopleptic about it, as I type)

THE Rangers FC is the new Club and they play at Ibrox Park courtesy of the holding company (Rangers International FC ) owned by people such as Green and Ahmad. These non-rangers men have separated the team from any assets it may have had. How sad for the fans, but they don't yet see it, it seems.

Once again, the publishing of accounts has not materialised on the due date... Just as happened under the aegis of that lovely billionaire, Mr Whyte. And we know how his tenure led to the death of the old club...

It would be an amazingly coincidental fact if THIS current version of The Rangers goes the same way as the dead club.

Of course, none of the above facts can be seen through blue-tinted spex...

Hmmm.

On the BBC tonight Jim Spence talked of "Rangers, the old club that died". I guess he's also wrong?

THE Rangers FC is the new Club and they play at Ibrox Park courtesy of the holding company (Rangers International FC ) owned by people such as Green and Ahmad. These non-rangers men have separated the team from any assets it may have had. How sad for the fans, but they don't yet see it, it seems.

Once again, the publishing of accounts has not materialised on the due date... Just as happened under the aegis of that lovely billionaire, Mr Whyte. And we know how his tenure led to the death of the old club...

It would be an amazingly coincidental fact if THIS current version of The Rangers goes the same way as the dead club.

Indeed, a technicality, which you grasp at every opportunity.

I really don't give a fcuk, unless they, whoever you prefer to call them, are playing St Mirren, really DON'T exist.

Now, take a deep breath, and say........................I don't care. thumbup2.gif

yes players, manager and directors do look online to see what is begin said.

Dear Playing Staff,

With all due respect to the fans who have voiced their opinions to the contrary, please show them with renewed vigour through performances on the pitch that Danny Lennon is a manager who you respect and trust. You may not always agree with his decisions be it team selection, formation tactics, substitutions, training methods or choice of post match pizza toppings, but please raise your game to save this man his job. Whilst others have given up hope and are pointing the finger, some still have faith and hope success without personnel change can be sought. Despite our collective angst (louder from some than others), we the fans, support you and our backing of the club is unwavering. Please repay this support with a change in form and we will be most grateful. Thank you for delivering a day in the sun in March which will never be forgotten and the performances that led to it. Can we have some more please to quiet the discontent from very vocal quarters?

Kind regards

COYS

Edited by Bart Simpson

Dear Playing Staff,

With all due respect to the fans who have voiced their opinions to the contrary, please show them with renewed vigour through performances on the pitch that Danny Lennon is a manager who you respect and trust. You may not always agree with his decisions be it team selection, formation tactics, substitutions, training methods or choice of post match pizza toppings, but please raise your game to save this man his job. Whilst others have given up hope and are pointing the finger, some still have faith and hope success without personnel change can be be sought. Despite our collective angst (louder from some than others), we the fans, support you and our backing of the club is unwavering. Please repay this support with a change in form and we will be most grateful. Thank you for delivering a day in the sun in March which will never be forgotten and the performances that led to it. Can we have some more please to quiet the discontent from very vocal quarters?

Kind regards

COYS

Aye. wink.png

Oh wait a minute, I don't attend, I'm not allowed a comment. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Dear Danny,

With all due respect to those with opinions to the contrary, I hope you are given time to turn things around. Whilst I personally think it lunacy to think of changing manager at this point in time, I can understand where others questioning your tenure are coming from, with us all wanting success. As many have said the success you have delivered has been wonderful. The day in March was indescribable and your conduct both that day and throughout your time at St.Mirren have been impeccable. Your dignity, humility and kind words have been a pleasure to see and hear with your representation of our club being flawless. Please note that we the fans all want St.Mirren to succeed, and whilst there does appear to be an agenda to oust you from your position, we don't all think that way. Others like myself who have been less vocal still believe that your philosophy will come true and prove the doubters wrong. Please do everything within your power to turn things around as I think we would take a step backwards without you at the helm.

Kind Regards

COYS

Edited by Bart Simpson

Dear Danny,

With all due respect to those with opinions to the contrary, I hope you are given time to turn things around. Whilst I personally think it lunacy to think of changing manager at this point in time, I can understand where others questioning your tenure are coming from. As many have said the success you have delivered has been wonderful. The day in March was indescribable and your conduct both that day and throughout your time at St.Mirren have been impeccable. Your dignity, humility and kind words have been a pleasure to see with your representation of our club being flawless. Please note that we the fans all want St.Mirren to succeed, and whilst there does appear to be an agenda to oust you from your position, we don't all think that way. Others like myself who have been less vocal still believe that your philosophy will come true and prove the doubters wrong. Please do everything within your power to turn things around as I think we would take a step backwards without you at the helm.

Kind Regards

COYS

You should get a pen pal.

Try taking a deeper breath, and hold.......................................................................................................

Whit aboot my Farewell thread ?

Will i start it before i haud my thingmy ?

Hmmm.

Bluto what i want to know is this,

IF the newco go into admin....will they be deducted 10pts as a newco or 25pts for going into admin for the second time as the old rankgers (as they keep saying that they are)

so will history be a mystery or will the governing body be ......................

i think you know what i mean

Dear Board of Directors,

With all due respect to those with opinions to the contary, please allow Danny more time to turn our current fortunes around. Despite the vocal discontent and the apparent agenda of some to remove Danny from his position we do not all agree with this course of action. Whilst we all want success and can understand why some want a change in personnel it seems folly to back a manager through the transfer window with two late signings to then sack him. I for one think more time is required and whilst others are quick to point the finger, may I thank you for your stewardship of our club from the brink of collapse to two National cup finals and one phenomenal success in March. Speculating to accumulate has failed us woefully in the past and contributed to the demise of Scottish football. Investing in youth and allowing the club to nurture this talent is paramount. Our current manager appears to have been able to introduce this young talent into our squad with a few very notable successes. He needs more time to continue doin this and whilst there will be numerous ups and downs along the way I believe he is taking us in the right direction. A strongly worded statement of support even if it were to contain certain parameters that had to be achieved would go a long way to quelling the rumblings of many.

Kind Regards,

COYS