Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

3 wins in 9 months, times up, he must go, sooner the better so we can all move on.

I put this out there on another thread but I feel I need to reiterate.

People go on about the lack of victories at the sharp end of last season, (and I know I was in a wee bit of a panic at the time), but statistics are usable for all.

Let's look at the facts.

A few weeks before the cup final we were sitting reasonably comfortably after a 2-0 victory over Hearts on 17th Feb.

We followed this up with a shocker on March 6. 2-1 reverse to Dundee.

After this we had a run of 4 DRAWS. NO DEFEATS.

Dundee did us again then we had two draws, one defeat and one win to finish the season

That's 12 points from 10 games.

Just to make it clear. It was not 10 defeats. It was 3.

They say the devil is in the detail and I think this highlights this fact.

I put this out there on another thread but I feel I need to reiterate.

People go on about the lack of victories at the sharp end of last season, (and I know I was in a wee bit of a panic at the time), but statistics are usable for all.

Let's look at the facts.

A few weeks before the cup final we were sitting reasonably comfortably after a 2-0 victory over Hearts on 17th Feb.

We followed this up with a shocker on March 6. 2-1 reverse to Dundee.

After this we had a run of 4 DRAWS. NO DEFEATS.

Dundee did us again then we had two draws, one defeat and one win to finish the season

That's 12 points from 10 games.

Just to make it clear. It was not 10 defeats. It was 3.

They say the devil is in the detail and I think this highlights this fact.

Post building.

I understand that Danny's no too chuffed with the "get it right next game" ultimatum.

Hmm, forgive me if I find what is posted on here regarding the views of the various parties/developments within the club as somewhat less than compelling.

Whit aboot my Farewell thread ?

Will i start it before i haud my thingmy ?

Don't worry about your Farewell thread.

We have so many here who want to own it that we're thinking of doing a Pop Idol style audition process.

Those who live in places where everyone is related to each other are automatically ruled out for genetic reasons - sorry Faraway.

One of the main problems of this website now is that I've virtually lost the knack of evaluating whether a post is supposed to be well-intentioned and a genuine feeling from the heart or is an attempt at irony and sarcasm.

Bart's three postings to (1) players, (2) Manager and (3) Board of Directors is couched in such terms that I'm perplexed by the nature of the verbiage and veracity of feelings.

Perhaps I've become afflicted in some way by the now constant bitter diatribe circulating around these pages that I've lost all sense of proportion!

From me, complete sincerity, if slightly verbose, with the content couched to include the valid range of opinion of all.

It is entirely reasonable, in my opinion to want better, but I completely disagree with the method proposed.

Give Danny time and our team time to develop into a sustainable and prosperous club. Changing the man a the top is not the way to proceed in my opinion.

I hope we can take something from motherwell in our next match and we have to win at hearts. If that happens our season starts Danny keeps his job.

If not then thanks for all your good work Danny winning the cup talking up the club the supporters the town for playing good football but its not working now and its time to go.

Think the board would go for the cheap option and appoint Steven Thompson as manager?.

Don't no if its right option? love thomohawk think he's looked average this season though.

John Glynn ? I've heard its him from two different people who don't even know each other.

Do you honestly think that SG and his fellow directors would employ McGlynn, the man was an unmitigated disaster at Hearts.He was quite clearly out of his depth in management at this level, coaching U 21'S is probably where he should be.

Do you honestly think that SG and his fellow directors would employ McGlynn, the man was an unmitigated disaster at Hearts.He was quite clearly out of his depth in management at this level, coaching U 21'S is probably where he should be.

As long as he is heading in the opposite direction from Greenhill Road Vince, that will do me.

John McGlynn?

It would hardly be worth paying off Lennon if we're thinking of appointing a new manager of that calibre.

To be fair, he took Raith Rovers to 2 successive First / Second Divisioion play offs before then winning the Second Division. He then kept Raith in the First Division before leading them to a serious challenge for promotion to the SPL. He also took Raith to their first Scottish Cup Semi Final in 47 years that year as well and won the PFA Scotland Manager of the Year.