Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Anyone care to take a guess at what game Danny is talking about here?

"Another great game between the two teams, good football and we got a lot of our own identity back."

"There were a lot of signs of us being expansive, dominating a lot of posession, getting a lot of entries into their box"

"There was a lot of stuff there that was very good to watch"

The man has lost the plot, if you didn't believe it before, you will now.

Perhaps the most concerning stat of all today is the home support. It was down 855 from the Thistle game a fortnight ago. That's an astonishing drop of 21%.

That means the club is thousands of pounds out of pocket due to lack of support. Those people who said they wouldn't be back till Lennon goes really are voting with their feet, and its hitting the football club square in the finances.

How much longer? How many more thousands will he cost the club?

Up to you BoD.

Edited by Lex

Well outwith our budget but perhaps with him looking to boost his reputation again maybe, just maybe, would love Craig Levein. His record with Dundee Utd is undoubted. Back to basics and experienced.

Think hes a perfect match tactically he doesn't play with strikers and we don't have any.

I would give Danny until after the Aberdeen game to turn it around. I have big reservations that the players have the ability to do this,as well as the manager. It really looked today some players were not that bothered at being behind.

the bigger issue for me is WHO would be brought in to replace him and keep us safe.

Paul Hartley?- no thanks,another Lennon,McPherson,coughlin no experience appointment.

Kenny Shiels,?- would likely spend more time in the stand than in the dugout.

Jim Jeffries- please god no.

Craig Levein- FFS..............

Alex McLeish- been out of football a while,could see it as way of dipping back into the game

Steve Kean? - no better than Danny IMO

It would be easy to make a knee jerk appointment which could easily backfire,crucial the board get the right man

It was suggested to me that McLeish was in the frame if there was to be a change in manager. Would be happy with that or Levein. Hopefully they will both want back into football and money wouldn't be an issue.

It was suggested to me that McLeish was in the frame if there was to be a change in manager. Would be happy with that or Levein. Hopefully they will both want back into football and money wouldn't be an issue.

They would still outwith our budget and same with Peter Houston.

I don't see us going for Bagpuss or Hartley as they are still with clubs

Internet/TV/Radio/Newpapers all demand more and more comment of managers and it can't be easy not to arse things up now and then but Danny hasn't helped himself with nonsense quotes to the media.

"We've asked for every ounce of effort our players have so that if the do that at training on a daily basis, it will become a habit and they won’t drop these standards in matches."

Really? Have we really seen that attitude so far this season?

"As coaches, we sat down at the end of the season and went through everything with a fine toothcomb.

We worked out what changes have to be made and will be looking to implement them this season."

Really? And having identified what was required addressed it in the side we have currently?

"He's the one we've been waiting for but I believe he's been worth the wait."

Really? Had he really even heard of him 2 weeks before signing him? I guess we'll have to wait and see if he was indeed worth the wait.

If he has the players then button it and go to Fergie mode...no comments...me and my players against the rest.

Perhaps the most concerning stat of all today is the home support. It was down 855 from the Thistle game a fortnight ago. That's an astonishing drop of 21%.

That means the club is thousands of pounds out of pocket due to lack of support. Those people who said they wouldn't be back till Lennon goes really are voting with their feet, and its hitting the football club square in the finances.

How much longer? How many more thousands will he cost the club?

Up to you BoD.

A nonsense comparison.

There were more home fans today than for the same game last season.

Motherwell- 956 Motherwell fans, 3067 Saints fans (total gate 4023)

Today...4012 total, 879 away, 3133 home

Just saying.

A nonsense comparison.

There were more home fans today than for the same game last season.

Motherwell- 956 Motherwell fans, 3067 Saints fans (total gate 4023)

Today...4012 total, 879 away, 3133 home

Just saying.

Surely a comparison from 2 weeks ago is more relevant than a comparison from a year ago?!

Surely a comparison from 2 weeks ago is more relevant than a comparison from a year ago?!

Debatable

Don't remember reading you posting at the time of the Thistle game how great the percentage increase was. Perhaps because that didn't suit your agenda?

A big crowd was always to be expected against Thistle, 2 local-ish teams, a fresh match the fans hadn't seen in a while.

To compare that against the now mundane home game against the likes of Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen is unfair.

Surely fairer to compare like for like? Motherwell 2012 vs Motherwell today? (Although last years game was at Christmas)

Debatable

Don't remember reading you posting at the time of the Thistle game how great the percentage increase was. Perhaps because that didn't suit your agenda?

A big crowd was always to be expected against Thistle, 2 local-ish teams, a fresh match the fans hadn't seen in a while.

To compare that against the now mundane home game against the likes of Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen is unfair.

Surely fairer to compare like for like? Motherwell 2012 vs Motherwell today? (Although last years game was at Christmas)

I love the way you use brackets to argue against your own point at the end. That was a Friday night before Christmas when several fans had their works night out, to compare that with today is pretty ridiculous for several reasons.

A 21% drop in attendances from one Saturday afternoon home game to another would alarm any board of directors, i'd suspect ours will be no different.

Since you want to compare 'mundane home games against the likes of Motherwell and Killie' perhaps you can explain this...

Home gate against Killie 4 weeks ago: 3532

Home gate today: 3133

A drop of nearly 15%. What do you think is going on? Is the declining attendances completely unrelated to the shambolic on park performance?

I love the way you use brackets to argue against your own point at the end. That was a Friday night before Christmas when several fans had their works night out, to compare that with today is pretty ridiculous for several reasons.

A 21% drop in attendances from one Saturday afternoon home game to another would alarm any board of directors, i'd suspect ours will be no different.

Since you want to compare 'mundane home games against the likes of Motherwell and Killie' perhaps you can explain this...

Home gate against Killie 4 weeks ago: 3532

Home gate today: 3133

A drop of nearly 15%. What do you think is going on? Is the declining attendances completely unrelated to the shambolic on park performance?

I used brackets because I was acknowledging that the stat's are flawed. Something you didn't do when you made the statement about 21% of fans voting with their feet.

I cant explain it. Looking at last seasons thread, we have a core of 2800-3000 fans. The rest of the crowd fluctuates on a game to game basis. Why did so many more fans turn out for the Partick game?

Why last season did we lose 600 fans between the Hibs and Hearts matches?

Hibernian August 18th - 959 Hibs fans, 4080 Saints fans (total gate 5039)

Hearts September 15th - 829 Hearts fans, 3478 Saints fans (total gate 4307)

I have no idea.

No need to feel I was having a "go" as I wasn't. I was just trying to point how, yet again, when someone makes a point that the "in crowd" don't like or approve of, they are accused of being "trolls"/"aliases"/"twisting facts to suit their agenda" but when the "in crowd" spin facts to suit their agenda or try to derail other's thoughts and opinions they think that's ok and can't see that basically they are doing exactly the same thing.

You and all the others that quote facts, statistics and percentages could open up a thread and discuss those things until your dying days but basically all you will be doing is the same as each other but at opposite ends of the spectrum.

No problem.

Now I just need to figure out whether youve got me as part of the "in crowd" or "trolls"/"aliases"/"twisting facts to suit their agenda"! punk.gif

I do wonder why the decision has not been made yet. This isn't a case of an unfortunate run of results, it is clear that we didn't prepare properly for the season and are still now tinkering about with formations with the last minute arrivals trying to settle in. The players as a result have lost confidence and motivation.

This won't end well, it is best to make the change as soon as possible.

Clearly it isn't time to try out another up coming lower league coach. As much as many won't like it it is time for an old hand who will make us hard to beat and put the fear of god in to the players if they don't bust a gut every single week. It's a Craig Levein or Jim Jeffries type until the end of the season and concentrate on staying up. After that I'd look at getting a Dutch or Belgian coach over with the goal of getting the youth system up and running properly.

I do wonder why the decision has not been made yet. This isn't a case of an unfortunate run of results, it is clear that we didn't prepare properly for the season and are still now tinkering about with formations with the last minute arrivals trying to settle in. The players as a result have lost confidence and motivation.

This won't end well, it is best to make the change as soon as possible.

Clearly it isn't time to try out another up coming lower league coach. As much as many won't like it it is time for an old hand who will make us hard to beat and put the fear of god in to the players if they don't bust a gut every single week. It's a Craig Levein or Jim Jeffries type until the end of the season and concentrate on staying up. After that I'd look at getting a Dutch or Belgian coach over with the goal of getting the youth system up and running properly.

Good post mate.

There have been many good posts on both sides of the argument with regards to Lennon.

I personally would keep him in charge, but I can't help but wonder if the players are holding out for a change.

I guess it's a case of how long do we keep waiting.Over the years we have spent a lot of time outside the top flight, we are very much still in it with our best foundations in our history in place with regards to ground/training/debt etc.

I think if we do not take 4 points in next 3 games the decision will be made either by the board or Danny himself.October is the month when we will know who will be guiding us throughout the rest of the season.

This period would certainly try 'The patience of a Saint'

There have been many good posts on both sides of the argument with regards to Lennon.

I personally would keep him in charge, but I can't help but wonder if the players are holding out for a change.

I guess it's a case of how long do we keep waiting.Over the years we have spent a lot of time outside the top flight, we are very much still in it with our best foundations in our history in place with regards to ground/training/debt etc.

I think if we do not take 4 points in next 3 games the decision will be made either by the board or Danny himself.October is the month when we will know who will be guiding us throughout the rest of the season.

This period would certainly try 'The patience of a Saint'

October will be too late. It's obvious the players aren't playing for Lennon, they look beat as soon as they step on to the pitch. With attendances down this week I have a feeling the board will act this week, sooner the better.

I think the most telling sight yesterday was the fact Lennon spent nearly all the game sitting in the dugout. he wasn't in his technical area trying to motivate. his starting line up was baffling (Teale at wing back?) and his substitutions lacked inspiration, and there was still the obligatory fannying about at the back. I really hoped that he would learn from his mistakes, but he appears incapable of doing that, and doesn't appear to be fighting for the chance to continue as manager. The general sense from yesterday was there was a lack of organisation and lack of confidence from the players as a result. The thing is, even though there is maybe a lack of balance to the squad, the players we have are capable of so much more, we just need a manager who can get the best out of them.