Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

About 27 minutes into the podcast.

ETA: pretty tiresome, to be honest.

Apathy reigns supreme.

Never said anything out of the ordinary.

I don't think he can get us out of it.

Also i don't think a new man could either.

We haven't the players in certain areas

The squad is a shambles as we have been saying all summer.

More than Danny Lennon are at fault here

To be fair...his records pretty good when u look at it from his perspective of from when he was appointed till now.

Up to a point, yes.

That said, he can't dine out indefinitely on past successes. I couldn't down tools at work today on the basis that my previous record is pretty decent.

There are major problems just now, and he needs to focus 100% on addressing these.

Edited by Drew

To be fair...his records pretty good when u look at it from his perspective of from when he was appointed till now.

Ageed, that's why he's been given a chance to turn it around.

It would appear that his issue is falling out with players that he signed and not replacing them, his recent record is horrific.

Lennon's record in the SPL is not good, not good at all. I think since joining, his win percentage is around 20%. An average manager would hope to have a win percentage of 30 odd % and a good manager 40 odd %. Not many managers would survive winning only on average one game in five.

You cant argue that he's done better than any other Saints manager in many a year in the league, thats however probably more an indication of the managers we have, rather than anything extra amazing danny has done.

Yeh it makes you wonder. .

I wonder also how a guy like Derek Adams is able to achieve what he has achieved and managed to get ex-players of ours doing a job for him. Football , eh. .

Yeh it makes you wonder. .

I wonder also how a guy like Derek Adams is able to achieve what he has achieved and managed to get ex-players of ours doing a job for him. Football , eh. .

I am not sure Derek Adams is a good example at this point as other than humping us his team this season is every bit as bad as ours. I wonder if he is under pressure? Admittedly he did a fine job last season but then so did Danny with leading us to winning a trophy.

For me, it has to be league record and winning 2 games this calendar year is what he should be judged on. Like Alex Smith, Danny had the chance to use a cup win as a springboard to greater things but failed to do this for whatever reason(s). The failure to address the quality that left us this season and the shortage of players at certain positions will impact on us until we can perhaps address some of it at the next transfer window. There is nothing more that can be done other than trying to get the best 11 out of the park and them playing to their potential, get a few wins under the belt and let confidence do the rest - for both players and manager.

Edited by nedflanders123

He is entitled to ask the question-he is a cup winning manager ffs. Justifiable sense of pride, if you ask me

I think he is trying to sow a seed of doubt into the minds of the directors that if they replace him they'll end up with an even worse manager.

It's a high risk strategy but he may be genuinely pissed at having his ability called into question by people he doesn't feel have any right to complain about his ability when he's given them everything they asked for so far.

It reeks of desperation, I think this is a man that knows he is on the road out and he is just trying to protect the contract settlement coming to him, by being all thud and bluster he is trying to go down with his head held high.

It would probably be better all round if we could just get a mutual consent situation between danny and st mirren.

Edited by murray street

I think he is trying to sow a seed of doubt into the minds of the directors that if they replace him they'll end up with an even worse manager.

It's a high risk strategy but he may be genuinely pissed at having his ability called into question by people he doesn't feel have any right to complain about his ability when he's given them everything they asked for so far.

The directors I assume follow the opinions of the fans though.

I honestly don't think there is anyone better out there and whilst it is the last of my arguments regarding his ongoing tenure, it is a good point.

All that is lacking is confidence. With that restored results will follow.

If, as has been mentioned previously, that we budget every year for 11th then Danny avoiding relegation every year and adding the bonus of a cup can justifiably make these claims IMO.

I may not agree with what hes saying but thats irrelevant really, if he has achieving every objective the club set him , ie avoid relegation, and with the added bonus of the cup win then he has every right to question what the club would do if they sack him.

Like I said, i may not agree but i dont think DL can be criticised for making these comments

Lennon's record in the SPL is not good, not good at all. I think since joining, his win percentage is around 20%. An average manager would hope to have a win percentage of 30 odd % and a good manager 40 odd %. Not many managers would survive winning only on average one game in five.

I would be delighted for one win in five. Try three league wins in10month minus 2 for June and July of course

It's worth pointing out to Lennon that the last manager who won us a cup was on an horrendous league run (2 draws and four defeats in his last six) the following season with relegation staring us in the face when he was bagged , the new guys whistling.gif came in with two games to go and won both of them , with the same players !

It's worth pointing out to Lennon that the last manager who won us a cup was on an horrendous league run (2 draws and four defeats in his last six) the following season with relegation staring us in the face when he was bagged , the new guys whistling.gif came in with two games to go and won both of them , with the same players !

The win away at Tynecastle is one of the best "away-days" I've enjoyed in my 40 years following St Mirren, absolutely brilliant!!