Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

If Danny Lennon referring to himself in the third person and equating the players, staff and board of directors to himself is seen as a flaw, I completely disagree.

Perhaps he is simply stating fact, and things things that are non negotiable. He has delivered all the things he has stated and regardless of the facts raised highlighting other elements of his performance he has delivered all he has been asked.

Once again current form has slumped and confidence is low but one win could change everything.

Ok I keep coming back to the stats, stats and damned lies. Unfortunately in this case they don't lie! sad.png

Since the start of January 2012 ........................... yes that is 21 months ago, we have played 23 league matches - a possible 69 points.

In that time we have won just 3 games ...........................YES that's right you are reading this correctly - 3 league games, we have drawn 9 and lost 11. A total of just 18 points.

The League Cup masks our stats slightly in that if you include all competitive games since 1st January 2012 we have played 3 games in that competition and won 2 and lost 1. In the Scottish Cup we have played 2, won 1 and lost 1.

The Cup win was fantastic, we all loved our day in the sun and over the years I can still remember the moments when we lift a cup - they stick in the memory, but it's the bread and butter of the league that sets our standards and determines the standard of football that people talk about and write to this forum about (in the main).

The stats are woeful. bangin.gif

I'm sorry Danny, your comments in the press a couple of days ago are the signs that you too expect the chop - why else allude to the idea that maybe someone else might do no better!

The time has come my friend, leave with your head held slightly high, and wish the next person the best of luck in improving these woeful figures that you have managed over these 21 months!

Edited by The Original 59er

Ok I keep coming back to the stats, stats and damned lies. Unfortunately in this case they don't lie! sad.png

Since the start of January 2012 ........................... yes that is 21 months ago, we have played 23 league matches - a possible 69 points.

In that time we have won just 3 games ...........................YES that's right you are reading this correctly - 3 league games, we have drawn 9 and lost 11. A total of just 18 points.

The League Cup masks our stats slightly in that if you include all competitive games since 1st January 2012 we have played 3 games in that competition and won 2 and lost 1. In the Scottish Cup we have played 2, won 1 and lost 1.

The Cup win was fantastic, we all loved our day in the sun and over the years I can still remember the moments when we lift a cup - they stick in the memory, but it's the bread and butter of the league that sets our standards and determines the standard of football that people talk about and write to this forum about (in the main).

The stats are woeful. bangin.gif

I'm sorry Danny, your comments in the press a couple of days ago are the signs that you too expect the chop - why else allude to the idea that maybe someone else might do no better!

The time has come my friend, leave with your head held slightly high, and wish the next person the best of luck in improving these woeful figures that you have managed over these 21 months!

Difficult to argue with any of that.

As I have just posted in the match thread, this isn't about Lennon now.

The only people who can take the action required to turn this situation around are the Directors of the club. Lennon is now an irrelevance in many respects as he clearly cannot do a damn thing to sort out this sorry shambles.

Emergency Board meeting on Monday, and Danny's services to be dispensed with. That won't sort things out, but it would be the necessary start.

A shame, but no place for sentiment now.

Get it sorted Gilmour!

Edited by Drew

Ok I keep coming back to the stats, stats and damned lies. Unfortunately in this case they don't lie! :(

The stats are woeful. :hammer

Got your stats wrong, mate. We won 5 games in our League Cup run during 2012/2013. It's bad enough without you making it worse.

If Danny Lennon referring to himself in the third person and equating the players, staff and board of directors to himself is seen as a flaw, I completely disagree.Perhaps he is simply stating fact, and things things that are non negotiable. He has delivered all the things he has stated and regardless of the facts raised highlighting other elements of his performance he has delivered all he has been asked.Once again current form has slumped and confidence is low but one win could change everything.

well it wasn't today then. Will we give Danny Lennon another week so Danny Lennon can lose again? On TV next time too