Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Wish folk would stop saying that Danny has achieved our highest ever league finish.

It's not true even during MY lifetime.

If he says 'of the current era' then fine.

I think his time is done, and after seeing the team on Saturday, justified. I'll support him until he resigns or is sacked (action would be a fine thing for the board or even Danny), but grudgingly.

I like Danny, but I would say that even he has given up and is looking to be sacked, the reason I say this is that we are on a completely shocking run, conceding goals, not scoring goals and yet we still have Goodwin and cheesy as the centre defence instead of brining in a natural cb in mair or mcgregor, and harkins keeps getting a run, why not give someone else a chance, now saying he wants sacked may be wrong but he certainly won't walk away from the money

The old saying is "if its not broken, don't fix it" well this situation is the exact opposite, it's completely broken and Danny isn't doing anything to fix it

I'm willing to get 100% behind Danny until the day he inevitably leaves, voluntarily or otherwise.

He is going through an extremely rough patch with the supporters, amidst an extremely poor run of results. As a manager, he can only do so much; shake up the line up, try different formations, remain positive. The club and Danny himself need complete 100% backing from the supporters on Monday night. I hope that we'll play John McGinn against Aberdeen and I hope DL and TC do their job and fire the players up to the point that every single player is sticking to their tasks and giving it everything they have. The players need to show that they're ready to fight against relegation.

I believe he's been absolutely shafted by senior players at the club and it's time for each and every one of those players to step up on Monday night. In fact, the only players I've seen busting a gut for the cause this season are Teale (although even he's looked lazy at times) & McAusland.

Just remember, there is absolutely no guarantee that the next manager will be anywhere near as successful as DL, in fact, it's extremely unlikely. He'll go down as one of our best managers of all time, regardless if we went down this season or not. If, in 2010, I was offered SPL safety, our highest ever league finish, our first trophy since 1987, less hoofball, 9 points off the automatic relegation spot and young players given opportunities in the first team I'd have bitten your hand off.

As long has the ability to fire up the players like he all the way to the cup final last season, I fully expect him to get through this.

But, it's not our highest ever league finish though! Good Lord, that is starting to get up there with the whole SG defeated RB all on his own nonsense. We also won a number of trophies since 1987. The hoofball is well and truly back. Hmmm, what else...oh aye, our most promising young player dropped. We're only 9 points off because Hearts were deducted points prior to the season starting.

It's just as well I never had to mark any of your college work as I'm already in need of a rest.

So, you're saying there's nobody out there who could prise us off the bottom two, get a more balanced squad, play John McGinn, have us supplying the attackers with quality balls and win another trophy of some description in his time with us. If that was true it would be a very sad state of affairs indeed.

But, it's not our highest ever league finish though! Good Lord, that is starting to get up there with the whole SG defeated RB all on his own nonsense. We also won a number of trophies since 1987. The hoofball is well and truly back. Hmmm, what else...oh aye, our most promising young player dropped. We're only 9 points off because Hearts were deducted points prior to the season starting.

It's just as well I never had to mark any of your college work as I'm already in need of a rest.

So, you're saying there's nobody out there who could prise us off the bottom two, get a more balanced squad, play John McGinn, have us supplying the attackers with quality balls and win another trophy of some description in his time with us. If that was true it would be a very sad state of affairs indeed.

It's our highest ever SPL finish and our highest top flight finish in a generation so you are correct there.

Your comment about other trophy wins is laughable.

Are you seriously comparing winning the Bells Challenge Cup, Renfrewshire Cups and winning Division 1 to winning the League Cup????

It's our highest ever SPL finish and our highest top flight finish in a generation so you are correct there.

Your comment about other trophy wins is laughable.

Are you seriously comparing winning the Bells Challenge Cup, Renfrewshire Cups and winning Division 1 to winning the League Cup????

Renfrewshire Cup no, that should be an absolute cake walk...oh wait!

The Challenge Cup was, for us as a club at the time, important and shouldn't just be pushed in to the background. It was still a Cup win in a Tournament featuring clubs at or around our level.

As for this, in the SPL drivel...just how different is the SPL to the Premier League? Come on, seriously, since 1977 it's generally been the same sort of league structure. Fair enough, you could say it's our highest position since the arse fell out the Scottish game, crowds went to pot and scouting was replaced by hoping an agent would phone. Indeed, was it not the Scottish Premier League anyway. The radicals who promised everything whenever it was couldn't even come up with an exciting new name. "Hmmm, it's in Scotland, it's the Premier and it's a League. Oh, what to call it".

"In a generation" ????? Are we really handing out accolades because of that?

The stats from 11/12 are good, but it's not been sustained and we're basically now back in Gus land. Perhaps football has moved on since even Fitzy's first spell, but I don't believe it has that much. DL has made a mess of the squad (blah blah lack of support, blah blah lack of backing) and is now reaping what he has sewn.

It looks like he's going to keep his job, for another week at least.

I'll echo the point of some other posters though; until he leaves, or is sacked, he will get my full support. There's no point going to a game and shouting abuse for 90 minutes. I prefer trying to vocally motivate the team and staff at games, not criticise them. I think his time is up, and the players have chucked it, but he'll still get my support come match day.

So we should just turn up next monday pay our twenty quid to watch players going through the motions.Because if they have chucked it whitch i agree with they have.Whats the point of going and throwing away twenty quid .Im going but im off my f**king head .

So we should just turn up next monday pay our twenty quid to watch players going through the motions.Because if they have chucked it whitch i agree with they have.Whats the point of going and throwing away twenty quid .Im going but im off my f**king head .

This game for you is no different from any other game. You expect us to lose every week, what makes this any different?

This game for you is no different from any other game. You expect us to lose every week, what makes this any different?

And do you expect us to win .And i dont expect to lose every week just about 90% of the time and even you must admit im wright more times than im wrong.

No but it makes me more of a realist than you and half the guys on here .

No. It makes you more of a pessimist as you continuously have Saints beaten before a ball is kicked and, on the odd occassion we get a positive result, you skulk into the background, only resurfacing to predict yet another heavy defeat.

Right now I can only imagine you doing cartwheels while typing with your "free hand"!

And do you expect us to win .And i dont expect to lose every week just about 90% of the time and even you must admit im wright more times than im wrong.

IIRC the last time we finished in the top half of the top division and won more games than we lost was 1984/85 so statements like the above don't make you an oracle.

Go on then realist prior to this season when was the last time we lost 90% of our games?

Last season including cup games we lost 16 out of 46 that's 35% even this season it's still not 90%.

OP

Go on then realist prior to this season when was the last time we lost 90% of our games?

Last season including cup games we lost 16 out of 46 that's 35% even this season it's still not 90%.

ok smart ass i will change it to %70 without winning a game is that better its still f**king a shit record whatever way you look at it and before you say thats not including cup games and based on last season .As for this season so far its %100 without a win out with the one in pre season

Edited by elvis

If, in 2010, I was offered SPL safety, our highest ever league finish, our first trophy since 1987, less hoofball, 9 points off the automatic relegation spot and young players given opportunities in the first team I'd have bitten your hand off.

Our highest ever league finish wasn't achieved under Danny Lennon... I'm assuming that you mean our highest ever SPL finish?

But back in 2010 we had just finished in our highest ever SPL position!

We are only 9 pts off automatic relegation as a result of the team below us being deducted 15 pts! We only avoided the automatic relegation spot last season because Rangers went bust!

I'd prefer MORE hoofball. We had the majority of the possession, according to the stats, on Saturday... but only had one attempt on goal!

As for giving young players more opportunities in the first team, that's really down to the success of the youth development outfit at producing young players good enough for the first team! Its got absolutely nothing to do with the manager! The previous manager gave loads of opportunities to young players in the first team, eg Kirk Broadfoot, Charlie Adam, Chris Smith, John Sutton, Stewart Kean, Stephen McGinn, David Barron, Scott Cuthbert, Billy Mehmet, Graham Carey, etc, etc, etc! Unfortunately he had to get a number of them from other clubs because our own youth system was so poor!

Edited by Isabella Duke

Just out of interest how realistic were you about St Mirren's chances of winning the League Cup? Of winning the semi or the earlier games, even?

There's a marked difference between realism and nihilism.